CHOOBY Compatible Cellphone Adapter Replacement for Cellphone (Black)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Mobile phone car mount is compact & portable Accommodates most popular smart phone sizes
- Smart phone car mount rotates 360 degrees & swivels 180 degrees for best field of view in vehicle
- Universal cell phones car mounts attaches securely to any vehicle dashboard or windshield in seconds
- Offers safe, hands-free operations of most cell phones, MP3 players & GPS electronics Avoid fines!
- Every purchase of our cell phone holder comes with a handy Phone Wallet ($12.00 value)
Customers also viewed these products
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Exclusive items from our brands
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
This high quality, universal cell phone car mount offers a unique, 360 degree rotating mounting plate. See images above. It also swivels 180 degrees so you can turn it virtually any way you need to prevent screen sun glare, or to allow someone else in the vehicle to view the screen properly. It's heat resistant and attaches to any glass or dashboard in seconds. It's compact, light weight and easily accommodates any popular brand cell phone, smart phone, GPS or MP3 player. Drive safely while operating your electronic devices hands free.
Comes with a BONUS GIFT. Order yours today!
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
It has two primary methods of attaching to a surface, the primary function is the suction cup, able to attach to a windshield, etc. it comes with a round flat plastic piece with double sided adhesive to (semi)permanently mount to your dashboard for the suction cup to attach to.
I cannot say for certain what caused the adhesive to fail the first time around. But this was going in my winter beater so it quickly got permanently affixed to the dashboard with a healthy portion of trim adhesive.
It's safe to say that the included adhesive backing would adhere better to a SMOOTH surface (leather/faux leather dashboard) vs a patterned plastic dashboard.
Another complaint is that the foam pieces on the insides of the arms that grab the foam have both fallen off, luckily there is a lip that, when angled correctly, will still hold the phone in place. The spring tension is perfect, make sure you remove the phone correctly though, I could see the spring-loaded arm slamming against the body of the mount on a 10* winter day and shattering into a million pieces.
The foam can be replaced at next to no cost by salvaging some sort of closed cell foam, cutting it to size, and gluing the pieces in place.
I can't give this a 5-star rating because it broke so quickly and the foam fell off. Otherwise this mount is GREAT.
I've used the following phones in this mount. HTC One S, HTC One M8, Samsung S3, Samsung S3 mini, Samsung S5, Samsung Note 2, this mount can fit almost anything.
If I could summarize my impression of this device using one word, that word would be "Solid". The suction cup mounts strong and is easier to use than any other I have ever encountered. It uses a large wheel, easy to grip and employs a detent to tell you it is locked. I prefer to mount the phone at the top of the windshield so that it is closest to the driver and out of the way of the view of the road. I usually run a charger to the phone while it is mounted. In the past I have had trouble getting a mount to maintain the set position due to the combination of the phone and case weight and the pull of the charging cable. This mount has handled that very well, with zero errors. Likewise, as I tap the screen I have yet to knock it out of the mounted position.
Inserting my phone into the mount is probably the most difficult part of using this device. The top arm is spring loaded to closed. I lift the spring, place the bottom of the phone in the lower arm and then push the entire phone all the way back until it rests against both arms. Letting go of the top arm allows it to clamp the phone into place. This uses a surprisingly strong spring so it takes some getting used to in order to set the phone in place with one hand. I haven't mastered that yet but I'm pretty sure that will come with experience.
I am going to order two more of these. One will go in my second car so I don't have to keep moving them around and the other goes in my travel bag so I can use it in rental cars. As a confirmed gadget guy and someone that uses the mapping feature of my smart phone to navigate while driving, this product has really been useful and fully worth the price.
Update after having it for over a year:
I still think this is a great design, especially compact for traveling and the suction cup is solid and very easy to operate.
I have experienced the following after owning it for a year and upgrading to a larger phone (Samsung galaxy s2 -> galaxy note 4):
1) The way this mount grips the side of the phone makes it problematic for phones with the power and volume on the side. With my new phone, I find it hard to attach the phone without the gripper pressing the power button.
2) Overall, I would say that this mount works better with a smaller phone. If you have a note or iPhone 6, this may not be the mount for you.
3) The rubberized gripper pads have fallen off. You can probably find the same material and glue it back on.
4) I have had the suction cup fall off once every few months, I'm guessing due to the windshield heating up and cooling down.
5) I mounted mine "upside down". That is, with the hinge at the top so that the phone hangs down below. When it was new, I could tilt the phone mount to whatever angle I wanted and it would stay there. Over time, the ball joint got looser and would not hold the phone at a fixed angle. It still held it securely.