|Manufacturer||Universal Security Instruments|
|Item Weight||6.4 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||3.3 x 4.7 x 0.75 inches|
|Item model number||USI-1209|
|Batteries||1 9V batteries required. (included)|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||Yes|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Battery Cell Type||Zinc Carbon|
|Warranty Description||5-Year limited|
Universal Security Instruments USI-1209 120-Volt AC/DC Wired-In Ionization Smoke and Fire Alarm
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- AC/DC Ion Smoke Detector 120V 1PK
- Alarm and Power Leds. 85Db Alarm
- 5-5/8" Base
- Interconnect up to 18 units, 12 smoke alarms maximum; when one alarm goes off all units sound their alarm
- The pack includes a separate large size 5-5/8-Inch mounting plate, which attaches to any standard rectangular or octagon junction box and covers drywall cutouts
- This 120-Volt AC powered alarm also includes a 9-Volt super heavy duty battery backup which provides power in the event AC power is lost
- The chamber and cover design protect the alarm from bugs and contaminants
- The alarm sounds with its loud 85 decibel horn and the red LED indicator flashes. A green LED light indicates AC power
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
120 Vac Ionization Smoke Alarm. Test Button. Alarm and Power Leds. 85Db Alarm. 5-5/8" Base.
From the Manufacturer
Founded in 1969, Universal Security Instruments has over 50 years of heritage in providing home safety products for families. With state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities, Universal Security Instruments continues to launch revolutionary new products and innovative technologies with the mission of always working to keep families protected.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Since both detector are exactly the same, I simply removed the bad detector, and hooked up the wires into the new detector and everything worked just fine. I never touched the plate covering the hot wires or where the detector is connected to the hot wire. Very simple to do if they are similar. A new battery was part of the new detector. . .
This USI unit had gone out (kept beeping intermittently) but I didn't want to put on a new base plate if I didn't have to do so. The Universal Security Instruments SS-790 fits right into the USI 1204 base plate. From reading the reviews it appears this SS-790 is a higher quality unit than the USI 1204. I have 7 wired units and am replacing them all with the SS-790.
The unit does have a bright green light but we don't notice it - I know others have mentioned the green light is annoying.
I broke the tabs that the base fastens the alarm to on one of my old ones, so I bought this replacement. It was easy to install. Just remember to turn off your breaker to your smoke alarms in your breaker box because I didn't at first and got a good jolt. Anyway If you are just replacing one of these there are three wires and you just connect them as the one that you took off. Anyway after I was done turned on the breaker and it worked. It comes with a 9v battery the base and alarm. Pretty good deal for a replacement.