Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 96 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 100 reviews
on March 26, 2013
I purchased this item because I've been trying to incorporate some raw foods into my diet and wanted to make zucchini noodles. I've also been trying to get my family to eat healthier, so I wanted to try my hand at making some homemade sweet potato chips. While the construction is fairly cheap, I don't think it will be falling apart anytime soon. One piece of advice I have is: Go slow. It's tempting to spin the crank too quickly, but if you apply even pressure and go slowly the noodle come out long and perfect.
on July 12, 2013
This thing is so fun! I made zucchini noodles with it last night (and coated those with some homemade basil sauce). Great for raw dinners, or even just to lighten up your pasta!

It IS plastic, but it seems well enough made to get years of use out of. Sure, metal would be great, but that would certainly make it more expensive and less accessible due to that. The suction cups are very sucky (in a good way!), so it doesn't move all around when your making your veggie noodles. I really don't have anything negative to say about this little gadget.
on March 14, 2016
Pros: Inexpensive, Made out of sturdy material, comes with 3 attachments, very easy to use and clean
Cons: Hard to grasp smaller sized vegetables, gets dirty much quicker due to white color

I decided I wanted to get healthier. I love vegetables, so what's better than "spiralizing" your favorite vegetables? Due to cost, I decided to choose this particular brand. This spiral slicer works very well for it's purpose. The box comes with the base, vegetable holder, and 3 slicer attachments, one that makes a "spaghetti-like" size, one that make a "fettuccine-like" size, and one that makes a wider, but thinner size... almost like a potato chip.

The instructions weren't the easiest to read, as they were printed on a sheet of paper, almost similar to a black and white photo copy. The pictures were very hard to make out. Despite this being the case, the spiral slicer is very straight forward and easy to use. You don't really need directions to figure out how to use the product.

I've used all 3 attachments on an array of vegetables that I enjoy. The spiral slicer works best with vegetables that aren't mushy or hollow on the inside (tomatoes, or spaghetti squash, etc). The slicer works best with vegetables that are "thick" with a firm skin (summer squash, zucchini, potatoes, sweet potatoes, broccoli stems, cucumbers, etc.)

Please be aware that you should try to buy larger sized vegetables. I find that the plastic spikes that the vegetables attach to, in order to keep it in place as you turn the handle, cannot grab smaller sized vegetables that well. I also noticed that this product stains quite easily, especially with darker pigment vegetables. I still have noticeable orange stains on the spikes from the sweet potatoes. I don't particularly mind, but I do believe it's something to note.

Cleaning the attachments are very easy to manage, however cleaning the spikes require a bit more labor.

All in all, for the price of this product, I'd say this was a good buy. This spiral slicer gets the job done just like the other high-end brands, but for more than half the cost. It is extremely easy to use and the 3 attachments allows you to change up the style of your vegetables. If you don't mind purchasing larger sized vegetables, and don't mind the labor involved in cleaning the plastic spikes, then this one is for you. I'm personally elated with my purchase.

This is an honest review. I purchased this item with my own money, and wanted to give honest feedback. I hope this helps!
on June 13, 2016
What you see is what you get! I love this over my tiny hand held as its less labor and you get the same quality good noodles. Plus you can store the catridges on it so you don't have to worry about misplacing (insert pictures of this). But as I use this almost daily it has a home on my counter top. Very lightweight and only a slight pain to wash. I still highly recommend it. Oh and just a precaution when you strain zucchini noodles let them strain longer or else they will retain alot of water and your spaghetti will almost be like a soup. And as another review said it will stain colors but that's not really an issue for me.
review image review image
on November 22, 2015
If you are trying to sneak veggies into someone's diet, or going for low-carb meals, this is the product for you. It works beautifully and takes apart easily to clean. I regularly use it to make zucchini and carrot spaghetti which I mix in with my pasta. By the time you get it tossed with your sauce, it looks like you have a giant bowl of pasta! The visual stimulation goes a long way to enjoying something and not feeling deprived.

It does take up room, so if you've not got a lot of space in your kitchen, this might get annoying. The suction cups on the bottom are STRONG, which is good for stability, but I kind of have to PULL it off the top of my refrigerator (it's resting place), to use it.
on August 31, 2015
I have had some problems using this. First, it doesn't hold still with the amount of pressure you need to apply to slice produce, even with the suction cups. For carrots and cucumbers, there is this metal piece that hold the vegetable in place that it about 1/3-1/2 the size of the produce, so while you do get some slices, 1/3-1/2 a carrot will end up one long cylinder by the end of the process. I was hoping to use zucchinis with this, but it was more trouble than it should be to make vegetable noodles for the total setup and the wasted portion. Sweet potatoes or turnips might fare better, but I have not used them.
on May 26, 2016
Thrilled with the outcome! Who knew I was a zucchini noodle enthusiast! Does what it's supposed to do. Washes off quickly! It's perfect for the price. If I wanted some fancy $50 slicer I would have bought that but I knew that it was plastic and it's sturdy and perfect for me. I've used it for something in every meal since I bought it! Even made apple noodle fritters! Thinking I might just become an expert on this machine and write a cook book! It's great and a lot of fun! Worth it!
on March 5, 2017
You can make vegetable Spaghetti. It is great for summer zucchini Spaghetti, with onion garlic and olive oil.
on June 28, 2013
I bought this item so I could have FUN with my foods. I eat a lot of vegetables & wanted to put a twist to them.
So far I am not disappointed. I like gadgets and this one didn't cost me much to have FUN with.
on September 11, 2017
Don't believe the hype about using squash for pasta, but it works well .