5.11 Tactical Vest
|Price:||$69.99 - $126.88|
|Sale:||Lower price available on select options|
- Designed for concealed carry; hidden BBS pockets on each side of vest
- 18 Pockets including two pockets sized for AR Magazines; rear water bottle pockets and 360 degree pocket that wraps completely around the vest
- Reinforced half-collar
- Perfect for the Outdoors. Including Hunting and Hiking
- Two layers of 8.5 oz., 100% cotton canvas quad-stitched and bartacked at all stress points
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
I really like this vest. It is extremely functional and very high quality. Below are what I think are the highlights:
* Pockets - Lot's of 'em. I'd say that if you filled up every one of them, you are probably overloaded. The variety is excellent, too, with pockets dedicated to water bottles, documents, etc., size and shape to accommodate whatever you need to carry. In fact, you can darn near get away without a daypack with this thing if you are going on a short hike.
* Quality - Heavy, smooth-operating YKK zippers are used for the front and one pocket. Hook and loop enclosures are used elsewhere for most of the pockets. Stitching is tight and is doubled (or more) and reinforced at critical stress points. The entire vest is made from a double layer of heavy canvas cotton. The vest is heavy and has the feel of something that will take use and abuse.
* Water Bottle Pockets - I mention this separately because I think it's an especially nice touch: On the back, outside and to each side are pockets that can carry 32 oz. water bottles. The tops of the pockets are gathered with elastic, which is nice.
* Inner pockets - There is a document pouch on the inside back of the vest along with a closeable pocket. Also, there are large pocket areas in between the fabric on either side of the zipper, with integrated panels attached to the inside to keep your gear from rubbing against you.Read more ›
This vest might be a little "overkill" for me, it is a little heavier, and it is a "tactical" vest, but after researching photographer's vest, this one was basically the longest and most organized.
"Tactical" is a marvelous modern buzz word. Today's parade of products that are labeled as such seems endless ... tactical pens, tactical knives, tactical flashlights, tactical pants, tactical gloves, tactical tomahawks, tactical duffle bags ... tactical lunchboxes. (OK, I made the lunchbox thing up.) Sometimes "tactical" implies self-defense. Sometimes it implies combat preparedness. Sometimes it implies covert placement of gear. So, let's get clear about a few details before we get to the meat of the matter.
First, think S.W.A.T. team ... tactical means overtly loading oneself down with gear for the job. A fellow isn't trying to hide the fact that he is ready to meet his duties with whatever gear is needed and strategically placed. Of course, this vest is perfectly designed for "full battle rattle" ... extremely modular and versatile. It's no wonder the garment is popular with law enforcement.
Now, think armed citizen with a CCW permit. Tactical means covertly carrying a firearm without raising suspicion. (Although some might argue that wearing such a vest at all raises suspicion among savvy observers such as police, military and shooting enthusiasts.)
In its advertising, 5.11 tops the vest's bulleted list of features with "designed for concealed carry".Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I love this vest !
It has lots of pockets and is good quality.
The sizes run small so buy one size larger than you wear.
5.11 is high priced but good quality and great tactically sound designs.Published 1 month ago by Michael D. Lavan
When I was taking a CCW course, the subject came up about concealing in a vest such as this. The first thing both instructors said almost immediately was "oh, you mean a... Read morePublished 1 month ago by boroko
I have another 5.11 tactical series vest that is 65% polyster, and I honestly ordered this one thinking it was the same thing. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Amazon Customer
Good quality fabric and construction, although that results in its being a relatively heavy garment. It provides good concealment for a even a large . Read morePublished 3 months ago by Bob the Handyman
Love all the great features and the great quality of material and workmanship. Beware however all these benefits make the vest VERY heavy even before you load it up with all your... Read morePublished 6 months ago by Oh Great Wise One
great product but the fit is really big. wish they made a womens vest like this one.Published 6 months ago by Tiffany N. Briglin