- Hardcover: 256 pages
- Publisher: Wiley; 2 edition (November 16, 2009)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0470503807
- ISBN-13: 978-0470503805
- Product Dimensions: 6.1 x 1 x 9.1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 15.2 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 4.8 out of 5 stars See all reviews (19 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #459,288 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
Unleashing Excellence: The Complete Guide to Ultimate Customer Service Hardcover – November 16, 2009
|New from||Used from|
See the Best Books of 2017 So Far
Looking for something great to read? Browse our editors' picks for the best books of the year so far in fiction, nonfiction, mysteries, children's books, and much more.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
"I recommend...to any company needing a 'how to' and 'can do' manual to implement service excellence in their organization." -- Richard A. Nunis, Retired Chairman, Walt Disney Parks & Resorts
"Many authors tell you why great customer service matters; Yanovitch and Snow show you how to make it happen." -- Rich Stamberger, President & CEO, SmartBrief, Inc.
"The customer you save may be your own." -- Don Ogilvie, President, American Bankers Association --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
From the Inside Flap
Happy customers make for healthy bottom lines. For most businesses, that means customer service is the key to long-term profitability and success. But some companies do it better than others, and it's often difficult to tell what works and what doesn't. If you want to build a customer service culture that gets real business results, you need the reliable, proven guidance in Unleashing Excellence.
Unleashing Excellence guides you through the process of improving the customer experience and gives you practical, effective tools that you can tailor to your company's specific needs and culture. Divided into nine "Leadership Action" sections, it shows you the exact steps to take to create an organizational culture in which service excellence becomes a habit rather than an afterthought.
You'll learn how to train and educate your people in the most advanced and effective customer service techniques, how to measure the quality of the service you deliver to your customers, how to build a culture of personal accountability in your organization, and how to recognize and reward excellence in your people.
You can't build a great customer service organization without having a clear vision shared by everyone involved. Unleashing Excellence also helps you craft that vision, spread it among your people, and imbue those people with the sense of dedication and excellence that spectacular customer service demands. Rather than focusing just on customer service theory or philosophy, this book is a guide to the practical actions you need to take in order to turn service excellence into business as usual.
Changing your customer service practices is tough even in the best of times, but the reward is huge. Unleashing Excellence provides the ideas and tactics you need to keep your customers ecstatic.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top customer reviews
"1) Create the Service Improvement Team(...) Action Steps: a) Try to select 8 to 12 members at the most. b) Ensure that the team represents a cross-section of the organization c) Have as many senior level members as possible on the first Service Improvement Team. Members need to have the authority to get things done. d) Draft the team charter.
2) Develop the organization's Service Philosophy and Service Standards(...) The service Philosophy answers two questions: what we do? how we do it?...Guidelines for Developing your service standards: Each standard on the final list should be unique from every other standard...Each standard should be actionable...The standards must focus on customer service.
3) Develop and execute on ongoing service Communication and Awareness plan(...) Communication during the awareness stage - what employees need: information...Communication during the awkwardness stage - what employees need: reassurance...Communication during the assimilation stage - what employees need: what's new about the service effort.
4) Create and execute a plan for ongoing service Training and Education(...) Training for the frontline employees should: 1) Ensure consistent understanding of the service improvement process. 2) Share best practices regarding service excellence. 3) Develop personal action plans for service excellence. 4) Communicate next steps.
5) Adapt the Interviewing and Selecting processes to include all elements of the service culture(...) Action Steps: a) Observe and interview your best employees in order to uncover their service talents. b) Enlist your service superstars in your recruiting efforts. c) Track how the best employees were recruited to your company. d) Model your company's values during the interview process.
6) Create and implement a service Measurement process(...) Keys to local measurement success: a) Local measurements should be linked to the overall service improvement effort...b)The workgroup should be able to impact the factors they measure...c) The act of measuring shouldn't negatively impact the customer experience...d) Improvement in one service factor shouldn't negatively impact another service factor.
7) Develop appropriate Recognition/celebration processes that reinforce the service culture(...) Action steps: a) Ensure that recognition is strategically linked to the overall service improvement effort. b) Create mechanisms that encourage recognition at all levels of the organization. c) Review current recognition practices to determine if they are consistent the Service Standards and contain an emotional component. d) Provide special recognition for your stellar performers. e) Communicate and train all management and frontline employees on the importance of recognizing service excellence."
8) Implement a Service Obstacle System for identifying and addressing barriers to service excellence(...) One of the most important jobs of a leader in a service improvement initiative is to help remove obstacles that keep employees from giving great service.
9) Build a Management Accountability system that ensures commitment to ongoing service excellence(...) The three-legged stool suggests that leaders should be accountable for three broad areas: a) The customer experience. b) The employee experience. c) Business results."
"Unleashing Excellence," by Dennis Snow is a highly informative book. It is and excellent book that is easy and fast to read. It should be required for all people working in areas of customer service. This is a customer service guide, that focuses on the tools for implementing excellent customer service. I give the book Five Gold Stars for guiding the reader to deliver quality customer service. It is an absolutely useful book.
It's great the way Teri and Dennis lay out very detailed and specific plans on how your company can make this happen. The state of customer service is bad right now and this book can help.
Most recent customer reviews
Comment: "Finished reading the book. I'll add this to the top of my review, leaving the original intact at the bottom.Read more