- Size (LWH): 2.69 inches, 0.31 inches, 5.39 inches
- Weight: 1 pounds
BLU Life Play Unlocked Dual Sim Phone with Quad-Core 1.2GHz Processor, Android 4.2 JB, 4.7-inch IPS HD Display, 4G HSPA+ up to 42Mbps and 8MP Camera (Blue)
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Try Prime for free
Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Unlocked Dual SIM, 4GB storage; Android OS, v4.2 (Jelly Bean), Micro SD up to 32GB; 3G HSPA 850/1900
- 4.7" IPS Display: HD (1280x720)
- 8MP Camera with LED Flash with HD recording (1080p), 2MP Front Camera for Video Calling and instant self portraits.
- 7.9mm Slim Body Design
- BLU Next Lens Technology: "One Glass Solution"
- Unlocked cell phones are compatible with GSM carriers like AT&T and T-Mobile as well as with GSM SIM cards (e.g. H20, Straight Talk, and select prepaid carriers). Unlocked cell phones will not work with CDMA Carriers like Sprint, Verizon, Boost or Virgin.
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
With a focus on high-quality design and an affordable price, the BLU Life Play unlocked mobile phone enables you to combine all of your work and personal experiences in one incredible device. Running the Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean) operating system, the Life Play also comes with a 1.2 GHz quad-core processor and 1 GB of RAM to power your mobile multimedia.
Stylishly housed in a super thin, bright blue body, the Life Play features 4.7-inch Infinite View touchscreen display that offers an amazing viewing experience for your photos, videos, and games.
The Life Play's 8-megapixel rear camera enables you to snap detailed on-the-go photos, as well as capture professional quality Full HD 1080p video (at 30 frames per second). The rear camera also offers auto focus and macro shooting modes, an LED flash, and geotagging capabilities, and it's complemented by a front-facing 2-megapixel camera for video chats.
The Life Play also features 4 GB of internal storage that can be expanded via optional miroSD memory cards (up to 32 GB in size); GPS support for navigation and location services, plus a compass and gyro sensor; ultra-fast Wireless-N Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity; and multi-format music and video players.
Dual SIM Card
The BLU Life Play includes two SIM card slots. (SIM cards are small, exchangeable memory chips used by GSM-based carriers that give your phone its identity and number.) With two SIM card slots, the Life Play enables you to actively make calls plus send and receive texts from two phone numbers simultaneously. It's handy for your global travels as it enables you to make phone calls using a local SIM card phone number (to avoid roaming charges from your U.S. SIM card), while keeping your U.S. SIM card phone number active for emergency contacts.
GSM and 3G Compatibility
|AT&T||850 MHz |
|Outside U.S.||850 MHz |
This unlocked cell phone can be used with a GSM network service provider, such as AT&T and T-Mobile. It will not operate with CDMA network service providers, such Verizon or Sprint. This phone does not come with a SIM card, and it requires that you provide a SIM card for usage with your selected service provider.
This mobile device offers quad-band GSM connectivity (850, 900, 1800, and 1900 MHz) for voice, text messaging, and 2G data. It also offers tri-band 3G HSPA+ connectivity (850, 1900, and 2100 MHz) that's compatible with networks offering ultra-fast 42 MBps speeds.
Note that the downloading of maps, games, music and videos and uploading of images and videos involves transferring large amounts of data. Your service provider may charge for the data transmission, and the availability of particular services and features may vary by carrier.
BLU Life Play Unlocked Phone
- 3G HSPA+ (42 MBps) connectivity, compatible AT&T and T-Mobile networks
- Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean) operating system
- 1.2 GHz quad-core processor
- 4.7-inch HD touchscreen display (720 x 1280)
- 8-MP rear camera (with 1080p video)
- Front 2-MP camera
- 4 GB storage + 1 GB of RAM
- Memory expansion via optional microSD cards
- Wireless-N Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.0
- GPS for navigation and location services
Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean) OS
Fast, fluid, and smooth, the Android 4.2 operating system (nicknamed Jelly Bean) offers effortless movement between home screens -- like turning the pages of a book. And it includes faster orientation changes, quicker switching between recent apps, and smoother and more consistent rendering throughout your mobile device.
Browse and download thousands of free and paid apps from around the world via Google Play or the Amazon Appstore for Android.
Live in the Now
With Google Now, you get the right information at just the right time -- before you even ask. It can tell you today's weather before you start your day, or when the next train will arrive as you’re standing on the platform. You'll also be able to see popular photo spots nearby, track packages, get information about upcoming movies, and much more.
More reactive and uniform touch responses mean you can almost feel the pixels beneath as your finger moves across the screen. Jelly Bean makes your Android device even more responsive by boosting your device's CPU instantly when you touch the screen, and turns it down when you don't need it to improve battery life.
Smarter Keyboard, Now with Gesture Typing
Writing messages on the go is easier than ever with Gesture Typing -- just glide your finger over the letters you want to type, and lift after each word. You don’t have to worry about spaces because they’re added automatically for you.
Photo Sphere Camera
With Android 4.2, snap pictures in every direction -- up, down, and all around you -- and have them come together into incredible, immersive photo spheres that put you right inside the scene. View your photo spheres right on your phone, share them on Google+ with your friends and family, or even add them to Google Maps for the world to see.
What's in the Box
BLU Life Play handset; standard battery; wall charger; Micro USB cable; 3.5mm earbud headphones; screen protector; silicon case; quick start guide
This phone comes with a U.S. manufacturer's warranty (1-year).
Top Customer Reviews
My first impressions is that the phone is pretty amazing, its solid to feel in the hand and feels lightweight. At only 7.9mm thin, its almost as thin as the Samsung Galaxy S4 while having the performance reminiscence of a top-notch 2012 smartphone.
So how does it perform in 2013... lets find out!
The build quality is amazing, and its feels very solid to hold in the hands. the back cover is made out of plastic but unlike such models like the S4, its has a more matte finish than a glossy, making it more durable to hold in the hands. Has 4GB of internal storage and only ~1GB is accessible but you can add an external micro SD card up to 32 GB (I have one and it works). Has a dual sim slots (1 mini and 1 micro) and its unlocked as well so you can use with any GSM service provider with the correct APN settings.
With a 1.2 Quad-Core processor, its pretty fast and also has 1 GB of RAM. The phone runs smooth but you'll feel the occasional lag when opening/switching apps very quickly. But all apps I have tested so far (Facebook, Youtube, Gmail, Maps) runs without any problems. For the geeks, my quadrant score was 4068, so still pretty good but far less than the top-notch.
With a 1800 mAh battery that is removable, I was able to get though a full day somewhere between 60-70% left and that was with a single phone call, some web browsing, and texting. So my rating of the battery life on this phone is pretty good and it will last.Read more ›
- Bright and clear 1280x720 IPS LCD. Great viewing angles with sharp text.
- Good 8MP camera. I compared pictures taken with the Life Play and my Galaxy S 2 (IMO great camera picture quality) and found them to be comparable. The 1080 video recording look pretty good as well. No lag or stutter.
- The speaker and earpiece were loud enough for me. Phone call quality (this is a phone afterall right?) was good.
- Decent battery life. As with most modern smartphones you'll want to charge it halfway through the day.
- The MTK MT6589 chipset is powerful enough to play some 720P MKVs containing H.264 video and DTS audio played back through MXPlayer using software decoding. I'm not a big gamer on cell phones but I did load up Dead Space. Extremely smooth gameplay.
- MicroSD slot.
- Dual SIM: One is a micro-SIM and the other is a regular SIM slot. I only used one SIM.
- WiFi and Bluetooth radios worked without a hitch. Phone has support for HSDPA 850/1900 which is perfect for AT&T, AT&T MVNO customers, and some T-Mobile customers depending on location. Supposedly supports 42Mbps downloads and 21 Mbps uploads but I couldn't really verify that since I'm running on a AT&T MVNO.
- GPS locks quickly and stays locked. Good accuracy according to GPS Test app.
- Phone is VERY thin and light.
- Almost stock Android 4.2.1.
- Only 4GB of storage of which 1.75GB is user accessible. Keeps prices down I suppose.
- USB and audio ports on top of phone. I prefer my USB ports on the bottom but this is probably just user preference. At least the USB port isn't on the side of the phone.
- No HDMI out support.Read more ›
Set up was easy with one major exception. I could not get internet/data via cellular.
I called ATT and they verified everything was fine with my account.
I narrowed the issue down to the APN settings, and by trial and error came up with a workable configuration. If yours does not work out of the box, this may work for you.
AT&T APN Settings for BLU Play
APN: wap cingular
APN Type: default
Proxy: not set
Server: not set
MMS Proxy: not set
MMS Port: not set
Authentication Type: net set
APN Protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocal: IPv4
APN enable/disable: enable
So far I like it. Its light, has no bloatware apps, and other than a tinny speaker its a great device.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
For me this is the best médium range phone from Blu. I have bougth various Blu phone, and only weakness is low space of memory to install applicattions. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Luis B.
When I purchased this phone for my girlfriend's son I was stepping out on faith because I never purchased a phone from a smaller company. Read morePublished 8 months ago by Green_Steve
Have been using this phone for a year and a half. After the first couple of months, it would randomly freeze and I had to remove and reinsert the battery to get it going again. Read morePublished 12 months ago by Donna Edwards
The phone was already opened and was not new. Some parts were missing. The speaker didn't function well.Published 14 months ago by Budry Joseph
Excellent phone, the camera is great, iPublished 15 months ago by alejandro irvin mercedes mercedes
The 4 GB is little bit small. I cannot install anything what I want, but works well. Thank you.Published 16 months ago by Varga Viktor