Moto Z GSM Unlocked Smartphone, 5.5" Quad HD screen, 64GB storage, 5.2mm thin - Black
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
|Memory Storage Capacity||64 GB|
|Operating System||Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow|
|Screen Size||5.5 Inches|
|Other camera features||13 MP|
About this item
- Use Moto Mods to turn your phone into a movie projector, boom box, battery powerhouse, and more (Mods purchased separately).
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor with 1.8 GHz Quad-core CPU and Adreno 530 GPU. 64GB of storage and micro SD card support
- Android 6.0.1, Marshmallow.Will receive an upgrade to Android 7.0 Nougat, and then it’s ready for Daydream by Google virtual reality experiences
- Up to 30 hours (2600 mAh) of battery life² with TurboPower for up to 8 hours of power in 15 minutes of charging³
- 5.5” AMOLED screen with 1440p Quad HD (2560 x 1440) resolution. Please refer the User Guide before use.
- Unlocked and compatible with GSM networks like T-Mobile and AT&T. Not compatible with Verizon or Sprint
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Transforms with Moto Mods
Your phone becomes a movie projector, a boombox, battery powerhouse, and more in a snap. With Moto Mods, do things you never thought were possible with a phone. Through interchangeable backs that snap onto your phone with powerful integrated magnets, make your imagination reality. Whatever your passion, there’s a Moto Mod for you.
Power for your whole day
Go all day* with a 2600 mAh battery: watch movies, download apps, browse the web, and do everything you want to do. Plus, the included TurboPower charger gives your Moto Z up to 8 hours of battery life in just 15 minutes of charging.**
* All battery life claims are approximate and based on a standard mixed use profile. The mixed use profile is based on Motorola devices on major 4G LTE networks with excellent coverage and includes both usage and standby time. Out-of-box settings are applied to the mixed use profile to project battery performance. Actual battery performance will vary and depends on many factors including signal strength, network configuration, age of battery, operating temperature, features selected, device settings, and voice, data, and other application usage patterns.
** Battery must be substantially depleted; charging rate slows as charging progresses. Charger sold separately in some markets.
Capture Crystal clear photos in any light
The perfect moment doesn’t always mean the perfect conditions. That’s why Moto Z includes optical image stabilization and laser autofocus, which help you take true-to-life pictures in any light, in crystal clear detail.
It's time to expect more from your phone
Forget about typing your passcode. Simply touch the fingerprint reader and it instantly wakes up and unlocks your phone. Unlike some phones, the reader recognizes your unique fingerprint no matter which way you hold it.
Your phone is so remarkably intuitive and incredibly easy to use, it feels like an extension of you. Moto Display gives you a simple, discreet preview of notifications and updates. Just give your phone a wave to see what’s new. Even play or pause your music without unlocking your phone.
Introducing the world’s thinnest premium smartphone
Moto Z is razor-thin and ultra-light. Made from military aircraft-grade aluminum and stainless steel, it’s both durable and stunning to look at. Plus, a water-repellent coating protects it from the inside out.*
* Advanced nano-coating technology creates a water repellant barrier to help protect against moderate exposure to water such as accidental spills, splashes or light rain. Not designed to be submersed in water, or exposed to pressurized water, or other liquids; Not waterproof.
|Moto X4||Moto Z Unlocked||Moto G5 Plus||Moto G4 Plus||Moto E4 Plus||Moto E4|
|Display||5.2” FHD (1080×1920), 424 PPI, LTPS IPS, Corning Gorilla Glass||5.5” AMOLED, 1440p Quad HD (2560 x 1440), 535 ppi, Corning Gorilla Glass||5.2”, Full HD 1080p (1920 x 1080), 424 ppi, Corning Gorilla Glass 3||5.5-inch Full HD display, 1080p, 401ppi, Corning Gorilla Glass 3||5.5” HD (1280x720),267ppi, GFF, 2.5D cover Glass||5” HD 720p (1280x720), Up to 16 million colors, Lenovo Screen , 2.5D cover glass|
|Android Version||Android 7.1, Nougat||Android 6.0.1, Marshmallow||Android 7.0, Nougat||Android 6.0.1, Marshmallow||Android 7.1, Nougat||Android 7.1, Nougat|
|Processor/GPU||Qualcomm Snapdragon 630 processor with 2.2 GHz Octa-core CPU and 650 MHz Adreno 508 GPU||Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor with 1.8 GHz Quad-core CPU and Adreno 530 GPU Natural Language Processor, Contextual Computing Processor||Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor with 2.0 GHz octa-core CPU and 650 MHz Adreno 506 GPU||Qualcomm Snapdragon 617 (MSM8952) 1.5 GHz octa-core CPU, Adreno 405 with 550 MHz GPU||Quad-core 1.4 GHz , Qualcomm Snapdragon 427||Quad-core 1.4 GHz , Qualcomm Snapdragon 425, or, Quad-core 1.4 GHz , Qualcomm Snapdragon 427|
|Battery Capacity/Charging||All-day battery / 3000mAh, Non-removable||Mixed usage up to 30 hours (2600 mAh) / TurboPower for up to 8 hours of power in 15 minutes of charging||All-day battery (3000 mAh) / TurboPower for up to 6 hours of power in 15 minutes of charging||All-day battery (3000 mAh) / TurboPower for up to 6 hours of power in 15 minutes of charging||5000 mAh† / Embedded / 10W rapid charger||2800 mAh / Removable / 5W/10W rapid charger|
|Size/Weight||148.35 mm x 73.4mm x 7.99 mm / 163g||153.3 mm x 75.3 mm x 5.19 mm / 136g||150.2 mm x 74.0 mm x 7.7-9.7 mm / 155g||53 mm x 76.6 mm x 7.9-9.8 mm / 155g||155 mm x 77.5 mm x 9.55 mm / 181g||144.5 mm x 72 mm x 9.3 mm / 150g|
|Networks||4G LTE (Cat11 DL, Cat5 UL), CDMA / EVDO Rev A, UMTS / HSPA+, GSM / EDGE, TDD LTE band 38/41||4G LTE (Cat 6), UMTS / HSPA+, GSM / EDGE||4G LTE (Cat 6), CDMA/EVDO Rev A, UMTS/HSPA+, GSM/EDGE||4G LTE (Cat 4), CDMA / EVDO Rev A, UMTS / HSPA+, GSM / EDGE||GSM, CDMA, WCDMA, TDD, FDD||GSM, CDMA, WCDMA, TDD, FDD|
Compare with similar items
Moto G Power | 3-Day Battery1 | Unlocked | Made for US by Motorola | 4/64GB | 16MP Camera | 2020 | Black
Moto G Fast | 2020 | Unlocked | Made for US by Motorola | 3/32GB | 16MP Camera | White
Moto G Stylus | 2020 | Unlocked | Made for US by Motorola | 4/128GB | 48MP Camera | Indigo
Moto G7 play | Unlocked | Made for US by Motorola | 2/32GB | 13MP Camera | Blue
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details|
|Sold By||—||Emily's Store||world-sellers||✅ Blazing Prices||Amazon.com|
|Camera Description||13 MP||16MP camera||16MP camera||48 MP camera||Rear, Front|
|Screen Size||5.5 inches||6.4 inches||6.4 inches||6.4 inches||5.7 inches|
|Item Dimensions||6.04 x 2.96 x 0.2 inches||6.29 x 2.99 x 0.38 inches||6.37 x 2.98 x 0.36 inches||6.24 x 2.99 x 0.36 inches||6 x 8 x 2 inches|
|Operating System||Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow||Android||Android||Android||Android|
Suddenly, your smartphone can do things you never imagined. Introducing the all-new Moto Z. It's designed around Moto mods, interchangeable backs that snap onto your smartphone, instantly transforming it into a movie projector, Boom box, battery powerhouse, and more. The possibilities are practically endless. And since it's a Moto phone, it has the Innovations you'd expect like our guaranteed shatterproof display, a full day and then some of battery life, and the fastest charging on the planet. Imagine that.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
First the design; whenever I first see a new Moto phone, I think, “My God thats ugly! Why would they change what works?” But then I actually start using the phone and that opinion changes. The Moto Z is (in my opinion) one of the most beautiful smartphones ever made, right up there with the iPhone 4 and HTC One M7. The glass and aluminum feels just as good as the Galaxy S6 and the style shells you can get for it provide that customization Motorola is famous for. However, I must admit, I hate the way the front of the phone looks. The giant fingerprint sensor combined with huge top and bottom bezels with NO stereo speakers is a step back from something they've been doing since 2014. I really wish the fingerprint scanner could have been placed on the back or made smaller, anything.
As for the rest of the hardware, there is unfortunately no headphone jack. I personally don't mind this since I use bluetooth, but its disappointing that its gone. The phone is crazy thin and that makes it feel unique without feeling fragile. (look up bend tests to see what I mean). The camera hump is huge and annoying, but putting a style shell fixes that. The screen is one of the best I've ever seen, only surpassed by the S7. I wish wireless charging came standard without Moto mods, but thats probably not a big deal for most people.
The software is simply put, the best Android has ever been. (I haven't used the Pixel so I can't comment on that). As many others have said, “This phone does Android better than Google” and they're right. Features like Moto Display and Moto Voice have become things I've really got used to over the years, and the gestures like the quick camera launch should be on every phone. It’s also super slick and responsive, as stock Android usually is, and its nice to already have Nougat.
The camera is great by Motorola standards, good by all else. It takes a while to focus and tends to overexpose in certain scenes, and low light is just not on par with the iPhone 7 or S7. In well lit areas, it performs well, with my only issues being a little bit of over sharpening on edges and some digital noise. The camera software on the other hand is far better than previous Moto phones. There are more controls available with a manual mode included. 4K video is included, but I don't have a 4K screen so I just stick to 1080p, which can be shot either at 30FPS HDR or 60FPS regular. Slo-mo is included with 720P at 120FPS, which kinda sucks. The iPhone 7 can shoot at 240FPS and has time-lapse modes as well. I'm sure these can be added with updates, but there's no guarantee of that.
The Moto Mods are a great idea, but a little expensive. I love the idea of being able to add functionality to the phone “in a snap”, but they really do require an investment. I bought a battery and the camera mods shortly after the phone, and they do come in handy. (I have full reviews of both products on my profile) Using the mods is dead simple. You snap them on the back and they instantly connect and react, it just works. Some fun ideas for Moto mods might be something that can dock your phone so you could use it like a computer, a game controller, or how about a solar charger on the back?
Battery life is OK. If you aren't using it too heavily, you'll end the day with 10-15%. You won't get two days out of it, at least without Mods.
Overall, I’m happy with this phone. I wish it had a better camera and battery along with some design changes, but I can’t deny how well it does other things. The mods perfectly integrated into the main experience and the software is quick and responsive with some fun features. Great job Moto.
Fortunately, Amazon has agreed to take it back. But in the process I lost lot of money on this phone and I have sell my Moto Modules on eBay for lesser amount within 4 months.
The Synergy claimed "US Warranty" when they sold this phone. They are claiming even now with this phone. But it is not covered in USA as they supplied phone meant for Indonesian market without US Warranty.
In other words "Synergy" has "cheated me" clearly with a clear lie.
So DO NOT BUY phones from this company. When you get any real problem with your instrument, that is the time you understand. You are stuck with-out US Warranty even if Synergy says it has US Warranty. Do NOT trust this supplier.
Feedback on phone: Phone looks great and MODs are very attractive. I am using for last 4 months.
1. Very thin without Mod
2. Excellent reception
1. Has two SIM slots and one of them can be used as MicroSD. This is a major draw back because you can use either microSD or second SIM. I felt it as very bad feature and major drawback of phone. Especially when you are travelling outside country or try to use one SIM for personal and another for office. They have left SIM slot position in the adapter but not used it.
2. Battery is very very weak. Moto claims 24 hour but if you use screen (like browsing, viewing any video etc.,) it doesn't last more than 1 1/2 hours. When use I use it browsing, i can see battery constantly draining...
3. No headphones slot. Same slot for headphones and power connector. Even though they included a adopter (wire), it is very inconvenient. You have to carry that adopter always.
4. BLUETOOTH: MAJOR, MAJOR drawback.... I recommend NOT TO BUY this phone. After it upgraded to Adroid 8.0 version, Bluetooth stopped working. Their customer service is really, really bad.. Instead solving the problem, their CS agent says, it is not covered under US Warranty whereas the seller and Amazon said it has US Warranty. Now I can't use it as it is not recognizing any BT Device... I found out from blogs, numerous people have this problem with MOTO Z.
AGAIN, with last point and Motorola has pathetic customer service. Their Global Warranty should have covered in USA also. I strongly recommend DO NOT BUY.
Top reviews from other countries
No issues with the seller, the seller was responsive and helpful.
Clearly there are issues with these specific units.
Giving up on the Moto Z after two refurbished units, will look for a different phone, not sure if a design flaw or if just the refurbished units were defective.