Workplace Solutions Best Kids' Books of the Year Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Happy Belly Snacks Gifts for Him hgg16 Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services hf16 hf16 hf16  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Outdoor Deals on Amazon

Showing 1-10 of 14 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
on March 10, 2014
I work on the Education team of a nonprofit dedicated to providing standards for use by publicly-listed corporations in the U.S. in disclosing material sustainability issues.We ordered this book after deciding to launch a professional certification program and coming across several of Tracey's blog posts.

It's been a marvelous resource for us. The chapters are well-organized and the lists and templates are concise yet comprehensive. I would highly recommend this book to anyone tasked with developing a certification program. Tracey's authority on the subject is obvious and leveraging her expertise on the matter provides a useful launching point for any organization looking to design such a program.
on July 25, 2013
I purchased this book back in 2010 on Amazon. I have referenced it time and time again for my professional responsibilities and for my doctoral classes. It is a tremendous resource, easy to read and apply and practical for the work-a-day corporate world. The job aids and the reference sections are two of my favorite parts of the book but that is not to speak poorly of the rest. It is just they are out of this world helpful.

If you are charged with crafting a corporate certification program read this book and apply the wisdom that Flynn offers. It is real world. I know I have practiced what she preaches and it works.

Thanks Tracey.

Warren E. Wyrostek, M.Ed.
on August 7, 2013
Our Association is just starting to put together a certification program and I purchased this book as a reference guide. It is full of great information and easy to read. After reading the first six chapters I realize that we have missed some critical steps that I will now steer my committee to answering which will make their program a success. I recommend this book to any group considering a certification Program!Unlocking the Power of Certification: How to Develop Effective Certification Programs
on January 26, 2014
This is a great book for anyone looking to set up a successful certification program. Not only does it give you all the topics that you'll need to consider, it provides references for further education in many areas. Whether you're just starting or have taken the leap and need some assistance, this book will help you move forward in a strategic, thoughtful way.
on March 31, 2011
I have been asked to build out a certification program at my company, and with no previous experience on this type of project, this book is very helpful. It really takes you through the whole process in a clear and thorough way. I would appreciate more references to programs for customers and partners, as my program is for external facing audiences.
on December 3, 2014
My organization was interested in building internal and external certification programs, and as a member of the L&D department, I was tasked with leading this project. I had minimal knowledge of certification programs and after an internet search yielded spotty results, I sought a comprehensive resource that provided the following: 1). Steps for creating a certification program (including tools and templates) and (more importantly) 2). A process for determining if a certification program was necessary in the first place. This book is exactly what I had in mind. Chapter 2 ("Making the Decision") alone is worth the price I paid. My biggest fear was the organization underestimating what it takes to create a certification program, and this chapter provides a solid overview of what to consider and questions that need to be answered before proceeding.

Other chapters that stood out for me include Chapter 3 on Legal Consideration (hadn't really thought about that) and importance of Subject Matter Expert (SME) resources and availability outlined in Chapter 4 ("Getting Started").

After reading this book, I gained greater confidence in my ability to intelligently discuss the process and educate my organization on what it takes to build certification programs.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 30, 2011
I am tasked at creating a certification program for a technical work group. While I understand the technical aspects and the industry hierarchy fairly well, I had no knowledge of how to begin or execute a certification program. Ms Flynn's book is a great blueprint to understanding all the little steps and potential pitfalls for doing so. I find it informative, a relative easy read, and full of great practical advice. The author is very approachable and offered me great ideas on how to structure my work. I would recommend this book to anyone seeking help on creating a certification program - especially those that know for subject, but not the certification process.
on March 12, 2013
I was tasked with designing a certification program at work and had no idea where to start. This book provides a broad overview of what components are necessary when undertaking the creation of a certification. I found the book to be incredibly helpful. It was of great assistance in formulating my thoughts and creating a realistic timeline for tackling the project.
on August 4, 2012
I have been given the privilege of developing a certification program for our engineering group. I knew how to teach the skills our engineers need but not how to approach my assignment from the perspective of a formal certification program. This book will provide me with a solid framework for my program.
on July 18, 2011
I am preparing a Certification program for a new and expanding technical field, needing to get ramped up quickly and show some results. This book has the content and direction to help get you started quickly and give you an overview of the topics you'll be most interested in addressing right up front. The Job Aids are printed in the book, but you can get them from the author for an additional fee. This book won't do the work for you, but it will certainly guide you in the right direction.