Workplace Solutions Best Kids' Books of the Year Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 12DoD - Beauty Gifts for Him hgg16 Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services hf16 hf16 hf16  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Outdoor Deals on Amazon

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,336 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
on January 14, 2013
I am admittedly late to the Bruno Mars party but I am glad to be here. I had seen him perform a few times on TV and always found him interesting. I accidentally saw him open SNL and I was hooked. Later in that same show I was totally mesmerized when he performed Locked Out of Heaven. His charm kept me watching. Having bought this CD his voice, music and lyrics keep me listening. He is truly talented.
As usual Amazon delivered pronto as promised and the merchandise was in pristine condition.
on March 5, 2013
It is rare that an artist can top his previous CD but he did. The entire CD is excellent. He has a style all his own. Looking forward to more from this artist.
on February 13, 2013
Mr. Mars is a seriously talented young man with a great voice and delivery. Unfortunately he put so many f-bombs in the CD I would not be able to listen to his cd with my nieces and nephews and that tainted the music. So in that respect I was dissappointed. However, the beat, the voice was great. I especially liked the song "When I was your man". I would really like for Mr. Mars to just do a simple love song accomplied by a guitar and piano so show off his great vocals. Here's Hoping!
44 comments| 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 8, 2013
Just like Bruno's previous CD, this is an awesome CD as well. I'm wearing out this CD as well because I play it so much. It was awesome to see him live in concert singing some of these songs which brought it life for me when I listed to it in my car. Great CD!
on February 13, 2016
Bruno Mars is an amazing singer. Our whole family loves him. Can't wait till his next album. We have a teen daughter named Natalie and she thinks Bruno is cute. We love teasing her with his song entitled Natalie. He is one of the best singers out there! Super talented!
on July 28, 2015
This has to be one of my favorite albums of all time. Bruno Mars is so talented! His voice is beautiful, the songs are all different and catchy and after hearing this album, I purchased tickets to see him live.
on February 6, 2014
Bruno Mars second studio album, Unorthodox Jukebox, definitely showcases him as a formidable singer of solid pop songs. "Young Girls" is as light-weight as most pop ballad. "Locked Out of Heaven" utilizes all of Mars’ vocal range and showcases it to the best of its ability.

The album's second single, "When I Was Your Man", matches Mars’s vocal ability to great poetic lyrics.
The third single "Treasure" has Mars doing what he does best, singing a great pop song. “Moonshine” sounds and feels like a 1980s Glenn Frey song in an episode of Miami Vice.

Mars "Gorilla" song has nice verses but the rock-anthem chorus is weird. “Show Me” has the feel-good reggae rhythm of a Musical Youth standard. “Money Make Her Smile” has all the theatricality required for a 1980s Michael Jackson music video.

All in all this Jukebox seems very Orthodox.
on March 8, 2014
I am a full time engineer, arranger and producer of 40 years and I like to stay up with what is current. The production on this is fine and there is significant talent on teh album. I think the gratuitous use of explicit language and themes amounts to nothing more than pandering though. That type of material is simplistic and is not only offensive to some, but boring. This will never be one of my favorite albums. However, it is a good study for me to see what types of production concepts are currently popular.
on January 24, 2013
All the songs are great. Play it over and over again. I think my kids think I am losing it.
on June 5, 2013
There seems to be two of Bruno Mars, one who sings soulful ballads and one who sings sexually explicit dance music.
If you are thinking of buying this because you heard "Locked out of Heaven" and "When I Was Your Man" on the radio or SNL, I would recommend just buying those MP3s. The man has a great voice, but I would feel embarrassed listening to half the songs on this album with my teenaged daughters in the car.