Industrial Deals Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now

Showing 1-10 of 28 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 50 reviews
on January 13, 2017
Super useful! Lots of fun ideas. It has lists of age-appropriate books, recipes, creative ideas for games and dress-up.
on November 10, 2009
Unplugged Play was a great resource for me as a new mom. I needed something quick and simple to fill time when my son was restless and I didn't want to turn on the TV. Many of the games and ideas are not new but I needed something to remind me of all the simple things you can do to entertain a young child. The book is divided into age groups so you can easily find something age-appropriate for your child. Most of the supplies are things I have around the house. I have also used this book to plan my son's first two birthday parties. It is a great resource. Thanks.
on June 27, 2016
In three sections based on age. For kids through 5th grade (roughly). Activities do require plenty of supplies, but at least tablets and smartphones are not involved.
on December 29, 2013
This was a life saver! Although we don't shy away from TV or iPad [there are excellent educational programs and games out there], every now and then, it was time to shut it all off and have family fun, or teach my children to have fun WITHOUT all these gadgets and gizmos. It brought back quality time!
on January 25, 2013
This book has more ideas for more ages than any book that I have seen. Playing "Unplugged" is so much better for children. It stretches the mind, a child's imagination, problem solving and working with others. Excellent! I gave it to everybody.
on September 19, 2012
Our TV recienly broke, and we are moving so decided to wait to purchase another. My kids entertainment thus far was to torment the dog...so, to keep our favorite boxer happy, I ordered this. Games are fun! We love to play some of these. We are not missing our TV! (except on Monday, when Castle comes on, but that is for me...haha)
on December 19, 2013
With so much technology out there these days, parents forget how to play with their children. It's so important for children to play and learn with all their senses. This book is a must for every parent, especially those of a toddler.
on February 24, 2008
I absolutely love love love this book. I am not a creative mom and I hate my kids vegging out in front of a video game or DVD. This book has such great ideas for engaging your kids in activities that are hands on. I have three kids (1, 3, 6) and this book has activites that are applicable to each of them. I highly recommend this book to any mother that is looking for some great activites for their kids that don't involve a controller!
VINE VOICEon August 9, 2014
This book has tons of ideas for all age groups. My daughter is 16 months old and loving the toddler ideas so far. Easy to read and clear lists of necessary items, all are very cheap! :-)
on November 15, 2012
This book is divided into section based on age to insure an age appropriate activity, song or game. This is my go to for ideas for the " mom, I'm bored". The only thing I thought that could have been added was things to do for older than 7 years old.