From the Manufacturer
Unreal Tournament 2004 is a multiplayer first-person shooter that combines gladiatorial combat with cutting-edge technology. Ten game modes - both team-based and "every man for himself" -- provide action gamers with palm-sweating challenges through unbelievably detailed indoor arenas and vast outdoor environments. As the ultimate techno-gladiator of the future, you take your fate into your own hands, battling up to 32 Mac, Windows, and Linux players online in action-packed, frag-filled arenas.
See more pictures
LAND, AIR AND SPACE VEHICLES
We introduce the Unreal Tournament range of vehicles: Pleasing to the eye, powerful to the touch, punishing to the enemy. With vehicles ranging from single-man fighters to five-man behemoths, Unreal Tournament 2004 provides players with plenty of choices when shopping for a mechanized implement of destruction.
See more pictures
NEW GAME MODES
- Assault Mode: Assault mode returns! Redesigned for UT2004, this fan-favorite mode sees teams face off to defend and attack fortified bases -- from fast-moving trains barreling across an arid alien desert, to a Skaarj mother ship poised to attack the human home world.
- Onslaught Mode: Team combat on the next level! Opposing teams are pitted against each other to capture and hold strategic points. Taking place in massive outdoor environments, here is where vehicular combat comes into its own. Flying and driving machines take combatants to the front line and gigantic mobile battle stations serve as a platform from which to launch devastating attacks.
95 DIFFERENT MAPS
More than 95 maps will be available immediately, including more than 45 brand-new maps for every existing and new gameplay mode. Vast outdoor environments, deep space combat areas and tightly packed indoor techno-arenas are all waiting for the latest entrants to the Tournament.
Hundreds of spectators can log on and watch famous combatants and rival clans duke it out.
Unreal Tournament 2004 delivers a faster, slicker, deeper experience than ever before through new technology features like:
- Improved AI: Vehicle control, advanced dodging and wall-dodging, improved aim, better team coordination.
- Deeper single player mode with comprehensive team management options, challenge matches, multiple endings and more.
- Integrated map vote and match set-up for Internet play.
- Re-designed HUD, improved weapons effects (bullet decals, incredible explosions), improved first-person weapon rendering, new announcer voices, rendering optimizations...the list goes on!