Customers also bought
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Shea butter in a block and not a jar… really? Oh yes! We work hard to deliver the highest quality, softest, easy-to-use, organic Ghanaian shea butter your skin will ever feel. Our convenient butter blocks keep your fingers out of a jar (ew!) and make it easy to slice off just what you need to whip up your favorite skin care recipes.
And guess what? Our shea butter is 100% pure and unrefined. No chemicals. No additives. Just pure, silky, skin-nourishing shea butter – perfect for your toughest skin issues like eczema, acne, and dry, cracked skin. So go ahead, indulge and renew your thirsty skin with our velvety butter and watch the transformation to a glowing new you!
Source: Ghana, West Africa
Most popular uses: Dry Skin, Aging Skin, Eczema.
The history of shea butter as an invaluable cosmetic traces back to Ancient Egypt where Queen Cleopatra always kept in stock jars of pure, unre ned shea butter.
Today Shea Butter is known as “women’s gold” because it is a valuable source of income for women in the West African community.
How is it made?
Shea Butter comes from an indigenous African tree called Vitellaria paradoxa. These are
wild-growing trees producing tiny, almond-like fruit that every May start falling on the ground. Villagers harvest the fruits, separate them from the nut, then boil and let the butter oat to the surface.
The butter is then milled and ltered for impurities, packaged in huge blocks, loaded on large boats, and shipped to the US for packaging and resale.
What’s in it?
Vitamins A, E, F, Antioxidants, and Essential Fatty Acids (Linoleic and Linolenic).
Ivory Shea Butter
Our Ivory Shea Butter varies from off-white, to beige to light gray. The shades of color are inevitable with this natural product, however be assured that all Shea Butter from Better Shea Butter is Grade A, high quality and fresh, and comes from Ghana in West Africa. The smell of Ivory Shea Butter is slightly nutty, and the consistency is rich but relatively light when compared to Yellow. All skin types and all ages including children can bene t from using Ivory Shea Butter.
Typical shelf life of Unre ned Shea Butter is 2 years from the date of purchase. However, just like any completely organic and preservative-free products, variations can occur depending on storing conditions such as humidity and temperature. When in doubt about Shea Butter purchased from us, please send us an message.
Keep it in a cool place, either in its original packaging or in a closed glass container of your choice.
First of all, that store brand lotion you’re using? It probably has shea butter listed as an ingredient, but it’s not the same. 2-5% is all the big guys add and it’s a refined version, which means they strip it of most nutrients. Our 100% unrefined, pure shea butter is harvested lovingly by Ghanaian women who depend on their craft to live. It comes to us as Mother Nature intends! That means it’s safe and loaded with nutrients and vitamins to renew your biggest, hardest working organ–your skin!
Our Ivory Shea Butter varies from off-white, to beige to light gray. The shades of color are inevitable as it is with most organic, all-natural products. The scent is slightly nutty and earthy. The consistency is rich, but relatively light when compared to our Yellow Shea Butter.ATTRIBUTES
1. Buy a double boiler or make one by using a medium size pan, ll it with 2 inches of water, and put it on the stove on low-medium heat.
2. Place your butter in a glass container - Pyrex measuring cups with a handle are perfect because you can hang them on the side of your pan, which will let the glass rest slightly above the water and won’t touch the bottom of your pan. This helps avoid your butter reaching a high temperature and burning.
3. Let your butter melt gently. Remove from the heat as soon as it is liquid.
4. If your recipe calls for it, you can now add other oils and mix them in thoroughly.
5. IMPORTANT STEP: place the container with your oils in the refrigerator (or in a bowl with some ice) for about 1 hour, or until the top and sides start to solidify. Make sure that you do not let it harden all the way.
6. Remove from the fridge and using an electric mixer set on high, whip the mixture for about 3 minutes. Stop whipping when your cream is soft and uffy, and all ingredients are evenly mixed. Use a spatula as needed to scrape off the sides of your container and mix everything in well.
Size: 16 Ounces | Color: Ivory
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?