Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Unrequited Paperback – July 12, 2017
|New from||Used from|
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
- "The Unrequited is multifaceted and as heartrending as it sounds, infused with sexual tension that seems to skyrocket with every page." - Kamrun Nesa, USA Today, Happy Ever After
- "Their (Thomas and Layla) story was nerve wracking, exhilarating, emotional, tender, volatile and gripping!" - TotallyBooked
- The Unrequited is hands down one of the best books I've read all year. I can't recommend it enough! - Ella Fox, USA Today Bestselling Author
- "Beautifully crafted, flawlessly written, and so very seductive. The Unrequited is a must read of 2017!" - Shanora Williams, New York Times Bestselling Author
- "Saffron's writing is lyrical, like poetry...hurtling you through emotions and scenes" - J. Sterling, New York Times Bestselling Author
- "Saffron's incredible lyrical style cemented her as a one-click author for me." - Lex Martin, USA Today Bestselling Author
- Dark, smart, taboo, and poetic. Kent grabs your heart, then twists until it hurts so good." - Stacy Kestwick, USA Today Bestselling Author
- "Bold, vivid, hypnotizing and electric!" - Kate Stewart, Amazon Bestselling Author
- "Raw, gritty, uncomfortable at times, and scorching hot. Saffron A. Kent gives you a student/teacher romance unlike any other" - Charleigh Rose, Amazon Bestselling Author
- "I have not been so mesmerized by the angst of a book since reading The Opportunist by Tarryn Fisher." - Faith Andrews, Author of Garden of Goodbyes
- "In The Unrequited, Saffron takes a familiar trope and breathes new life into it." - Mara White, Columnist at Huffington Post & NY Daily and Author of Heightsbound Series
- "This book is alive.. It's electric. The words jump off the page and sink claws into your skin." - Emma Scott, Author of Full Tilt Duet
- "Un-put-downable! One of my favorite reads this year, one of my favorite forbidden romances of all times!" - SueBee, Top Reviewer Goodreads
- "The Unrequited will stay with me for a long time and quite easily become one of my TOP reads of 2017." - Sophie, Bookalicious Babes Blog
- "Best Book of July" - Kat, Kitty Kat's Crazy About Books
About the Author
Writer of bad romances. Coffee Addict. White Russian Drinker. Imaginary Ballet Dancer and poetess. Aspiring Lana Del Ray of the book world. I’m a big believer in love (obviously). I believe in happily ever after, the butterflies and the tingling. But I also believe in edgy, rough and gutsy kind of love. I believe in pushing the boundaries, darker (sometimes morally ambiguous) emotions and imperfections. The kind of love I write about is flawed just like my characters. And I hope by the end of it, you’ll come to root for them just as much as me. Because love, no matter where it comes from, is always pure and beautiful. If you ever get a hankering to talk about books or love, come find me here: Website: www.saffronkent.com Facebook: @SaffronAKent Twitter:@saffronakent Instagram: @saffronakent Pinterest: @saffronkent BookBub: https://www.bookbub.com/authors/saffron-a-kent
If you buy a new print edition of this book (or purchased one in the past), you can buy the Kindle Edition for FREE. Print edition purchase must be sold by Amazon. Learn more.
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Browse award-winning titles. See more
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
From the moment I opened my kindle, I could NOT put this story down. I was held captive from start to finish. To be honest, I'm STILL living and breathing this story. It's THAT amazing.
I fell in love with Layla INSTANTLY. This lady with her crazy personality and quirky ways made me smile so big, I just adore her. And Thomas. He's the EPITOME of an alpha. And a dirty talker. God do I love him hard. So hard. Put these two together and the sparks flew. The push and pull. The forbidden. The banter. I seriously could. Not. Get. Enough. God I wanted these two to be together so bad. I couldn't turn the pages fast enough to find out what was going to happen.
This heartbreaking forbidden love story had me aching in ways I didn't even imagine were possible. God. I felt for Layla SO MUCH. But I also felt for Thomas. This double forbidden romance had me clutching my chest so many times, I was breathless. I felt every single damn emotion both of these characters experienced. Love, hate and heart break. I didn't know if I'd survive it! But my gosh, this love journey was SO worth the PAIN. It hurt so, so good. I will never forget it.
Speaking of breathless.... This book was so HOT I needed some time to myself!!! The sexy scenes were unlike anything I've read. Mr. Abrams turned me into a hot puddle of LUST!!! RAWR!! He's like an animal in bed. Or on the desk. Anywhere really. And the dirty talk is out of this world HOT. I had hearts in my eyes and fire in my loins for this devastatingly beautiful man. Even when he was a dick. *moans*
If you want to read a forbidden romance that will push the boundaries of your sanity, then you NEED to read The Unrequited. Thomas and Layla's love story's poetically written style is fresh, original and so stunning you won't believe what you are reading. It's steamy, angsty and heart achingly forbidden. The Unrequited isn't just a double forbidden romance. It's an experience. It's at the top of my MUST READS of the year! Go on, make dirty poetry with Thomas. Your life will never be the same.
“Because I’m a girl who’s not supposed to be the love of someone’s life, not with my selfishness. I was meant to live in the shadows and secrets. I can be Thomas’ secret, for a little while, at least—until I absorb all of his pain and set him free.”
I don’t think I’ve loved two characters as much as I did Layla and Thomas, even through all the secrecy and flawed moments. Their story was raw, gritty, heartbreaking–when their hearts broke, mine did, too. This wasn’t your typical romance–their love was forbidden, brutal, and ugly at times. However, you could feel how much these characters meant to the author. The subject matter in this story is unconventional and a little crazy at times, but the care Saffron put into them and their story was executed beautifully. I couldn’t get enough.
“The Harlot fell in love with the Fire-breather. It was beautiful and right. It was wrong and ugly, just like the earth beneath my feet. It was tragic and ecstatic. It was everything I’d hoped love could be.”
The Unrequited is brilliant, elegant, absolute perfection! A downright gritty, all-consuming love story that’ll stay etched into my heart for a long time to come.
We all had that professor that we were lusting after him...ooohhh come on you know you did(do)'😉
I don't know why I loved Thomas with his sarcastic, at times quite rude behaviour but I love everything about him. I felt his struggle throughout the book - anger, smiles, lust and agony...it has all the feels one needs in her book hero.
" I'll make my own rules rather than follow them. And I'll love. I'll always love my violet-eyed girl, Layla Robinson." 💖
Layla is a heroine who's brave but just doesn't know it. She fights for the one she loves even if she knows they won't love her back...giving them everything and not expecting anything in return.
"I'm not a girl who's not supposed to be the love of someone's life, not with my selfishness...I can be Thomas secret, for a little while, at least - until I absorb all of his pain and set him free."
Usually I'm not a big fan of angsty read but this book had me turning the pages just to see it there is HEA for this two..I can't wait for what comes next from Saffron.
Big 5 stas for me!!!
Most recent customer reviews
This story is a very interesting take on the student professor relationship.Read more