Other Sellers on Amazon
Unrest (After Dark Horrorfest)
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Commentary by director Jason Todd Ipson
- "Unrest: Behind the Scenes" featurette
Top Customer Reviews
Synopsis: The story is about a group of medical students who join "Gross Anatomy", one of them being Alison. She teams up with a group of three other students, Brian, Carlos and Rick. Their first assignment is to examine a cadaver of a young woman. However, Alison starts experiencing strange things from the moment she starts to cut upon the body. Little does she know that, whoever is in contact with the cadaver, die of mysterious circumstances.
1. I must admit, I found the initial plot of the story somewhat intriguing. It had a good potential to become something really suspenseful and thought provoking.
2. The actors also did a good job playing their roles. They can only do so much with the material they are given.
3. The movie focused more on the storyline rather than the gory details. While this wasn't such a wise move, it was good to see a movie rely more on the psychological aspect than the queasy details.
Negative aspects: Where do I begin? There were SO many plot holes in this movie, medical and otherwise, that made me lost interest in this movie. I divided them into 2 categories, because there are so many unexplained and unbelievable things that just don't make sense.
*NOTE: This Section contains spoilers so if you have not seen the movie, please don't read any further, unless you want to know how the movie ends*
Medical issues -
1. I am not a medical student, but its common sense that just a whiff of formaldehyde is dangerous, and if you do research on it, you will find out that a few drops in your eyes can make you permanently blind.Read more ›
Plagued by unimaginative thinking, Unrest contributes very little to its genre and suffers from awkward juxtapositions of emotions and scenarios. There was nothing creative about the killings or the motivations for them. Moreover, the inexperience and rigidity of the cast members diminish the "horror" elements of the film. Of course, any student of history knows that the Aztec civilization was based primarily in Mexico, not Brazil.
Rating 0 to 5
Acting = 3.0
Fear Factor = 1.7
Gore = 3.1
Sex = Yes
Nudity = Yes*
Profanity = Yes, but on the moderate side.
Entertainment Value = 2
* Only the cadavers were shown nude.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This was awful. Acting awful and just overall disgusting premise. I stopped it 15 minutes in since it was only getting worse.Published 8 months ago by Metro
This was a pretty crazy movie. It makes me glad that I never had to dissect a cadaver in college!Published 8 months ago by Melissa
A captivatingly interesting hook inaugurates immediate interest. A demonstration of thoughtful screenplay writing incites continued viewing. Read morePublished 8 months ago by R. Stahl
I was impressed by the acting, and intrigued by the story line. I watched the flick all the way through (had to force myself mostly) but unfortunately, it was pretty boring. Read morePublished 8 months ago by Rebekah
B RATED ...WATCHED 30 MINS AND TURNED IT OFF TO MOVE ON TO SOMETHING ELSE. :)Published 9 months ago by Desiree