- Paperback: 274 pages
- Publisher: Angela Watson (March 15, 2015)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0982312733
- ISBN-13: 978-0982312735
- Product Dimensions: 5.5 x 0.6 x 8.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 12 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 4.8 out of 5 stars See all reviews (131 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #30,096 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Unshakeable: 20 Ways to Enjoy Teaching Every Day...No Matter What Paperback – March 15, 2015
|New from||Used from|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
"The book IS inspiring and reaffirming, but more importantly, it's a plan. Angela's laid out 20 actionable steps designed to help teachers stay passionate about what they do." -Blair Turner, One Lesson At a Time
"A quick read, written as if you were sitting down and having a conversation with a mentor teacher. Anecdotes, examples, & relevant ideas made it a page turner." -Mary Montero, Teaching With A Mountain View
"Every chapter is AMAZING, filled with wisdom, encouragement, & specific strategies to implement right away." - Laura Candler, Teaching Resources
From the Back Cover
Passion cannot be faked. Students can tell when we're just going through the motions. But how can you summon the energy to teach with passion when there are so many distractions pulling you from what really matters? And if you barely have time for taking care of yourself, how can you have anything left to give your students?
- Create curriculum "bright spots" that you can't wait to teach
- Gain energy from kids instead of letting them drain you
- Uncover real meaning and purpose for every single lesson
- Incorporate playfulness and make strong connections with kids
- Stop letting test scores and evaluations define your success
- Construct a self-running classroom that frees you to teach
- Say "no" without guilt and make your "yes" really count
- Establish healthy, balanced habits for bringing work home
- Determine what matters most and let go of the rest
- Innovate and adapt to make teaching an adventure
If you buy a new print edition of this book (or purchased one in the past), you can buy the Kindle edition for only $0.99 (Save 90%). Print edition purchase must be sold by Amazon. Learn more.
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top customer reviews
The book not only addressed ways to improve your teaching life, but ways to change your mindset about teaching to improve your whole life. It is a book I will go back to again and again to gain more strategies and mindset shifts.
This easy, quick read will leave teachers feeling inspired to teacher more effectively and complete behind the scenes tasks more efficiently.