Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Nothing More Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 51 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 70 reviews
on July 22, 2017
I gotta say this book was in excellent condition. Thank you
on October 7, 2015
slightly underwelmed. can't really say why, maybe because there weren't a lot of things in the books that I hadn't already heard about through other avenues? it's fine for younger folk, I'm thinking. I got it for my husband to entertain himself while recovering in a rest home. I haven't asked him if he's read them. the nurses keep grabbing the books and tossing them in his nightstand drawers.
on August 26, 2016
Good book.
on July 9, 2013
I like history, it was always to well packaged and simple for me and this helps complicate it. Some of this we know (or think we know), some we don't. Aron has done an amazing amount of research to get here (check the bibliography) and if nothing else you could use that as a starting point to do more research (we he suggests at the end of each chapter).

This is basically history revised light, it might wet your appetite to look at certain events more deeply. I also wouldn't object to anyone giving this 5 stars and I am likely to read some parts again.
on May 10, 2012
I loved this book, I think it was great. Although you should be warned I love history and mysteries so needless to say I was going to love this book no matter what. The great thing about this book is that it gives you options for you to research everything yourself. There is a little for everyone baseball, president, history, stories and more. Of course some of the stories explore things you probably already know about such as Cortez and the Aztecs, the assasination of JFK, Amelia Earhart, and Roanoke but it does delve deeper into the mysteries surrounding them so its a great read for anyone who craves information.
I love books on historical topics and I found this book to be very interesting because it covers a wide variety of American history mysteries. This book takes you on a trip of 500 years of historical incidents that has baffled researchers. This book is well-written and keeps you turning the pages. Some of the topics covered in this 225 page book includes the following:

When did the first people arrive in America? Did Leif Ericsson discover America? Where did Columbus land? Did Pocahontas save John Smith? What caused the Salem Witch-hunt? Why did Benedict Arnold turn traitor? How did Davy Crockett Die? Why did Lee order Pickett's charge? Who was the blame for wounded knee? Who kidnapped the Lindbergh baby? Did Babe Ruth call his shot? Was Amelia Earhart a spy? Who was the blame for Pearl Harbor? Who killed JFK? There are many more very interesting topics covered in this volume.

If you are an American History enthusiast you should check out this book. It is an informative and fascinating read.

Rating: 5 Stars. Joseph J. Truncale (Author: The Samurai Soul: An old warrior's poetic tribute)
on February 3, 2014
A fun book that covers many unresolved or controversial incidents in US history. It doesn't take sides but tries to lay out the best known facts of each case. it gives plentiful references to further research the cases. The book is a little dated as in some cases there is more recent information available, but it is still a fun and enlightening read.
on August 19, 2015
I really enjoyed this book, and what is even more enjoyable was to get this book in such excellent condition at a great price. I would recommend this seller to anyone who is thinking of buying a book from them.
on July 8, 2015
I've always loved American history and what could be better than a collection of unsolved mysteries that pertain to American history? Thought provoking. I recommend it.
on September 5, 2015
Read it all the way through or pick out the tale in which you are most interested and go with it. Either way you'll find this to be very interesting book.