Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Nothing More PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 91 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 141 reviews
on September 20, 2017
RED, my favorite band, always amazes me with profoundly deep lyrics over real human struggle, flesh and spirit, blended into their powerfully energetic sound with oft times full orchestrations. I have every album. They are fantastic. The best one, though? Of Beauty and Rage. *sigh*
on October 15, 2013
I have every single Red album and I am a huge fan. They are my favorite rock band in fact and love how they stay true to who they are. I love every single song here and have no need to skip any song.

1. Feed The Machine- This song is clearly the most intense of the album. It is the closest Red has come to sounding as much a metal song as Demon Hunter. It is well written, well produced, and the message is clear to whoever listens to it. 5/5 stars
2. Faceless- This song is in the same vein as Wasting Time from their previous album "End of Silence". While the album doesn't have an official title track, Faceless could be considered the title track. This song is well produced, written, and the message is a good one like the first song. 5/5 stars
3. Lie To Me (Denial)- This song is another authentic Red track and as such is as good as the previous two songs. Top notch song writing, production, and message. 5/5 stars
4. Let It Burn- Is similar in quality to all three previous tracks. The intensity is similar to Lie To Me and many of their previous song from past records.
5. Buried Beneath- While it isn't similar in sound it is similar in terms of intensity as the last two. Again top notch in every category.
6. Not Alone- This song stands out as being one of the best songs in this record. It seems to be written to reach out to the listeners who feel the sense of loneliness and depression. It is the musical equivalent of Lost in almost every way. The song carries a genuine message that Red truly loves us their fans no matter what situation we are in.
7. Watch You Crawl - This song is similar to Shadows from their album Innocence and Instinct. Every aspect was great and a genuine Red track. 5/5 stars
8. The Outside- This song has the same intensity level as Breathe Into Me found in their album End of Silence. It is genuinely Red and as such is another great track. 5/5 stars
9. Who We Are- This song is similar to Confession (Whats inside My Head) in terms of intensity from the Innocence and Instinct album. It is another genuine Red song so as to be expected, its a great song. 5/5 stars
10. Best Is Yet To Come- This song is softer than most of the rest of the album. It is similar to Already Over and Not Alone in terms of intensity. It is another one of the albums best song because of its sound and message. 5/5 stars
11. Hymn For The Missing- This song is the Until We Have Faces equivalent of Pieces. It is a really soft, sad, and beautiful song. All these emotions are blended together perfectly which closes out the record on a soft note. 5/5 stars

Until We Have Faces brings everything that fans of Red come to expect and they show us how experienced they truly are. The song writing is incredibly strong in every track, the production quality is some of the best in the industry, and I couldn't find any flaws in the entire album. Red fans should have no reason to worry when buying this album.
on June 20, 2017
Red, is incredible!! Their instruments are so intricate. Their harmony is to die for! I love this album and every album they've ever put out.
on February 6, 2011
With no sign of slowing down Red released their third major album called "Until We Have Faces". I had no idea this was album was being released but I loved "End of Silence" and "Innocence and Instinct" which led me to pick up this album the minute I saw it's release. I bought this without hearing a single song from it and my trust in Red was repayed in full. I took the album to the gym to figure out which songs were workout worthy while I was run. The album starts out very strong with "Feed the Machine" and "Buried Beaneath" keeping me fully motivated for the entire run. I listened to "Hymn for the Missing" on my walk back and found it contemplative and soothing. It's an amazing close to this album and I really think it showcases his voice and the range this band offers. This album shows the same amount, if not more screaming and heavy guitar riffs than Innocence and Instinct. But I'm the kind of person who likes it when the singer can mix screaming and singing seamlessly into one great sound. I especially enjoy it when as the music progresses it leads to a moment of screaming that fits with the peak of the song. I believe Red truly understands this concept and almost everytime I expect them to start yelling they deliver. And when I fully expect to be able to sing with the song they give me that too. This album is definitely worth owning if you like Red. If haven't listened to Red up to this point starting with this album is still a good choice. But as a warning, you'll want the other two when you hear this one so start wherever you like. Enjoy!
on March 7, 2011
Innocence & Instinct was one of the best hard rock albums to be released in recent memory. That being said, the fact that Until We Have Faces doesn't quite match it isn't too much of a criticism. This album still grapples with deep themes and a mix between in-your-face rage and heartfelt emotion. UWHF doesn't pull off that balance as beautifully as Innocence & Instinct did. Instead, it features a blazing, intense first half that is undoubtedly the better half, followed by a softer second half that, while sincere and often good, does not even brush the beauty or emotion of Innocence & Instinct's conflicted ballads. Indeed, this album stands in the shadow of Red's masterpiece sophomore effort. When standing alone, however, it is still one of the better rock efforts to be seen in the past year, and definitely beats a simple rehash of the previous album (as many bands seem to be in the business of doing these days). I see more Breaking Benjamin here than I've seen from them before, but that is not entirely a bad thing. My hope is that this album is a mere stepping stone in their journey toward another masterpiece to match or surpass Innocence & Instinct. Indeed, it is a strong and enjoyable stepping stone, with multiple standout tracks (and decent fillers) that will keep your speakers blaring until the next album comes together. Rock on, Red!
on May 9, 2013
I wouldn't normally listen to a song with any bit of screaming to it. But their music is so meaningful and lyrics have substance to them. The songs seamlessly take you from one to the next until you realize you have listened to the entire cd!
on October 26, 2011
One of the great pluses of this music is the intros and endings to each song. I found myself really liking the unique beginnings and endings as the build-up seemed reflective of the moment.

I am wary of rock music when the music is always overwhelming, and the lyrics get lost in the ultra loud music. However this album seems to strike a good thoughtful balance as I could hear the lyrics fairly clear, and there were several moments where the music appropriately goes into a quieter part. I can decipher the actual words, and I like that.

For those who are going through, or have gone through hard times in their lives from relationships will like the reflective attitude taken in the lyrics and instruments.

Lie to Me, and Let it Burn seem to be my favorites, but there are only 1 or 2 songs I find myself skipping. Every song seems solid really. I have bought albums before and then grown to dislike most of the songs, but I can already tell this album will have a long shelf life.

The vocals are good, and the instrument variety is decent. I think RED is underrated.
on June 25, 2013
RED is the most awesome, English-speaking band I have listened to, and this album is the peak of all their albums in my opinion.

Their first one song, Feed the Machine, was done so well and the lyrics are so awesome. Each song is sheer genius in its lyrics and melody. The songs can either be invigorating, or they can be gentle. One of my favorites is "Not Alone" because it starts gentle, then it gets more passionate and hopeful. The ending in it was also done excellently, also in my opinion.

If you want a good band, choose RED and this album.
After having been hooked on their first album, End Of Silence, Red has turned me into a lifelong "fan." I was happy to hear they kept the mixture of Orchestra and Metal that makes them so unique. Being their third album, I can say that I don't know which of the three is my favorite. I'd say they are all evenly rated 5-stars. Looking forward to a fourth CD!
on February 10, 2011
I listened to this album first on various Youtube channels, and have to say that I was NOT impressed. I picked up the CD for $6 here on Amazon (release day sale? I don't know) because I support bands I like regardless if they have a so/so CD or not. Needless to say I was stunned at what I was missing with the Youtube versions. The production is 100x better than I thought it was, with subtle strings and chorus. I loved the CD in its purest form. These songs are amazing, though they did take a listen or two to grow on me. My favorite song on the album is "Best is Yet to Come."

I think this album stands on its own, but definitely makes a great appearence when playing the Red discography on random.

Highly recommended.