- Hardcover: 314 pages
- Publisher: Lexington Books (December 23, 2014)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0739192965
- ISBN-13: 978-0739192962
- Product Dimensions: 6.3 x 1.1 x 9.1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.4 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#2,493,257 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #3481 in Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Specific Demographics > Minority Studies
- #7571 in Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Specific Demographics > Ethnic Studies
- #8626 in Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Sociology > Race Relations > Discrimination & Racism
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Unveiling Whiteness in the Twenty-First Century: Global Manifestations, Transdisciplinary Interventions
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Innovative scholars from an impressive array of disciplines here probe holistically critical dimensions of the world’s interlocking system of white racial oppression. Examining countries across the globe—the U.S., Canada, Sweden, Romania, South Africa, France, Australia—they demonstrate the oppressive effects of persisting white domination in areas ranging from the extreme emotions of cyberhate, to commonplace revanchist politics retreating from hard-won human rights and multiracial democracy. (Joe R. Feagin, author of White Racism)
About the Author
Veronica Watson is professor of English and director of the Frederick Douglass Institute for Intercultural Research at Indiana University of Pennsylvania.
Deirdre Howard-Wagner is an Australian Research Council discovery early career research fellow and president of the Law and Society Association Australia and New Zealand.
Lisa B. Spanierman is associate professor in the Faculty of Counseling and Counseling Psychology at Arizona State University.