- File Size: 832 KB
- Print Length: 295 pages
- Publisher: Kingdom Kastle Publishing; 1 edition (January 29, 2011)
- Publication Date: January 29, 2011
- Language: English
- ASIN: B004LLJ1RW
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#836,949 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #2040 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Christian > Romance > Historical
- #3087 in Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Literature & Fiction > Romance > Historical
- #3556 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Historical Fiction > Religious
The Unwilling Bride Kindle Edition
See the Best Books of 2017
Looking for something great to read? Browse our editors' picks for the best books of the year in fiction, nonfiction, mysteries, children's books, and much more.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
First of all, the editor should be fired and then sued for publishing a book that was edited by a five year old. A few of my favorite mistakes (that had me pulling my hair out):
- "She was so board.."
- "Her mother reached into her ridicule to pull out coins.." (Ridicule? Perhaps she meant RETICULE??!)
- "He quoted the bible.." (This is a Christian book! You'd think that they'd know it's Bible. And this happened at least five times)
- "He hsd (intentional misspelling) stayed in this marriage.."
- "The brandy tasted worst than usual.."
- "He knew to much.."
- "It burned a hole in her conscious.." (Ahem. Conscience maybe? Also happened 3-4 times..)
I could go on and on.
Secondly, the phrases that the author uses do not match the time period at all. For example:
- "Darling, I redecorated the living room." "Is it already finished? Let's go check it out."
- The main character's enemy thinks, "Instead of making people turn against her, they were all now jumping on the love Caitlin wagon."
- "Darling, I missed you like crazy.."
Thirdly, I cannot count how many times periods, commas, and apostrophes were left out. Following the plot became difficult and boring, and halfway through the book I found myself wishing I had a red pen to make all the necessary corrections, as I was anticipating more mistakes with each page I turned.
All errors aside, the plot is not too bad, but the characters weren't the best (Caitlin's hate for Dillon becomes annoying, and Dillon is a little too perfect to be real), and some of the scenes were too descriptive for my taste ("He tore her dress off.." "She kissed him so voraciously he tasted blood.."), and the murder parts were a bit too grisly.
Although I feel bad writing such a negative review about a Christian book, the book only deserves one star.
Add to that a spiteful "friend" who fancies herself "in love" with Dillon. For a little more fun, why not add unexpected and unwelcome visitors from England. Hey, we have everything else so why not add a US Vice President and a questionable sheriff. What you have is a wonderful novel that has many twists and turns as well as a lot of drama! Plus a wonderful surprise ending!
There are some funny places (i.e. the first time we meet Catlin), some sad as well as loving scenes. It's nice seeing Caitlin and Dillon working to resolve their problems while asking for God's help and trying to hold onto their faith, even in the difficult times.
Once I started reading The Unwilling Bride, it was hard to put down. Would I recommend this book to my friends? Plan to introduce it to my book club friends, so yes, I'd recommend it to anyone. Happy reading and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
Author of Mina's Eyes and The Topsail Accord