- File Size: 2036 KB
- Print Length: 246 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: MPC Romance Publishing (March 17, 2015)
- Publication Date: March 17, 2015
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00UDHOMA4
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #816 Free in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Free in Kindle Store)
|Digital List Price:||$3.99|
|Print List Price:||$12.99|
Save $12.99 (100%)
The Unwilling Executive (Captured by Love Book 1) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Try Kindle Countdown Deals
Explore limited-time discounted eBooks. Learn more.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Jade Tully has just gone to work for Thomas Bilton, owner of Bilton Machineries. She is on probation for the job of PA for Mr. Bilton. She was told he is a little eccentric but this errand seems to go beyond that. She is waiting for Lucas Renner to show up at this coffee shop to meet with her. She is to hand him an envelope and get him to read the letter and give her a verbal answer. She has no idea what is in the letter nor who Lucas is. When Lucas finally shows up, she gives him the envelope and gets him to read the letter by pleading with him. Her job depends on it. He gets very angry at the letter, gives his answer as No and leaves. When Jade returns to work and tells Mr. Bilton what happened, he is delighted. She has managed to get something done that no one else had. Lucas has read the letter. It was a first step in his plan. When Jade asks what is going on, he agrees to tell her; but not at that time. Jade has to accept his decision.
Jade wonders what the letter said and why Lucas reacted so violently to it. She certainly hopes it is nothing that would get her into trouble. Can she continue to be a go-between for Mr. Bilton and Lucas? Why is Lucas so anti-Mr. Bilton? Is Jade in deeper than she realizes?
The book just gets better and better from here. It is easy to read and quick to read.
- I loved that the characters met in the first scene
- The story was original and interesting. Girl (unknowingly) acts as intercessor between boy and his father
What I disliked:
- Both characters were totally unlikable. He jumped to silly conclusions and treated the girl badly. He’s the kind of guy you would never bring home to mother or around any of your girlfriends. She is a ditzy doormat that is desperate to get a man and will do anything to get him. Desperation is THE most unattractive trait in a woman. If this couple lasts more than a month, then we’ll have to classify the book as a fantasy.
- The car thing was unrealistic on many levels. What boss buys his assistant a top of the line car after knowing her for only 4 months? She’s nothing but an errand girl. A dog can go fetch but we don’t reward them with expensive electronics
There were more problems with this book but I can’t remember the rest. But trust me, 2 stars is extremely generous. The guy probably has numerous std’s since he will forgo using a condom if a girl says she’s on the pill. Yet he hasn’t met the p***y that he would pass on.
- Also, I can picture this guy becoming physically abusive in the near future. His anger issues and react-first nature are neon warning signs
Jade has just started a new job as PA to Mr. Bilton, a job that she desperately needs if she wants to continue to help her brother and his family cope with their extensive medical bills as their infant son, her nephew, requires a heart operation and special care. He’s sent her on what he’s deemed, an extremely important errand…to deliver a letter to one Lucas Renner. If she only knew just how much her life was about to change. Lucas is late for what he thinks is an interview. When the lovely Jade clarifies the meeting’s purpose, he feels betrayed. But there’s something about Jade that won’t let him be rude, nor, it would appear, can he say no to her, so when she has him read a letter, of which she claims to know nothing about, and give her his response, he feels like he has no choice. And when he later finds himself bumping into her at different times, he begins to question his motives. Will he be willing to open his heart and let her in? Will his heart even give him a choice?
A wonderful tale of love and how it will conquer all if we let it. Well written with a flow that is easy to follow and fall into, you won’t want to put it down once you begin.
Lucas Renner was raised by his mother that owned a flower shop. His mother had told Thomas that he was going to be a dad when she was pregnant. Thomas didn't believe her. They had DNA testing done, and someone had giving Thomas a fake copy stating he was NOT Lucas's father. Lucas grew up knowing his own father wanted nothing to do with him. fast forward 30 years later and Thomas found out he was wrong. When he tried to talk to Lucas, Lucas wants nothing to do with him. Jade Tully had just started working for Thomas. He sent her to meet Lucas, and give him a sealed envelope. She had no idea who Lucas was, or what was in the envelope. Jade was beautiful, so when she handed Lucas the envelope, he took it. After he read it, he wasn't mad at Jade. He did attempt to keep his distance from her. But fate was pulling the two together. Jade helped in mending the relationship between father, and son. The relationship between Jade, and Lucas had its up's and downs. It was more like a slow journey, but so worth it.