- File Size: 216 KB
- Print Length: 43 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: BookBaby; 2 edition (October 29, 2012)
- Publication Date: October 29, 2012
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00AETOHQK
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#1,554,441 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #159 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Nonfiction > Parenting & Relationships > Family Relationships > Stepparenting & Blended Families
- #371 in Books > Parenting & Relationships > Family Relationships > Stepparenting & Blended Families
- #1734 in Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > One hour (33-43 pages) > Parenting & Relationships
Unwrapping The Gift of Stepfamily Peace: A Stepparent's Guide to Success Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Top Customer Reviews
One of my favorite quotes, in Chapter 4's section on journaling, is: "When we write our prayers on paper along with the feelings associated with our need, we process our thoughts and emotions with expectations of hopeful resolve."
I've always thought, as this quote suggests, that prayer's power is more practical and psychological than magical (though I do believe in the magic as well). Keeping a prayer journal is an essential element of the self care that Stepfamily Peace encourages explicitly in Chapter 7 and subtly throughout all of its pages. Think about it. When you establish new traditions for your family; set healthy boundaries with regard to each other and your exes; and engage your family plans with a flexible approach--aren't you caring for yourself as well as your loved ones?
Hetchler and Grace's advice isn't just for the holidays. The principles here can be a great support to blended families throughout the year, which is why this book is a perfect New Year's gift for those of us making resolutions for 2013. If you can carve out a couple hours with your partner or spouse on New Year's Day, read it together and think about how you can incorporate its helpful tips going forward.