Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 3,229 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 3,776 reviews
on December 12, 2015
I'm 30 years old. I married my high-school sweetheart. I'm a father of two. I'm into guns and knives. I have a grungy garage gym and train every day. I'm 6'0" and 205 lbs of pure dude. And I cried like a little baby during the introduction of this movie.

This is one of the most enjoyable movies you could ever watch. It has so much heart and soul, it just reaches out and grabs your inner kid. This is right up there with the Incredibles, Brave, and Toy Story 3, if not better.

It really doesn't get much better than this movie. Also, my little girl who is 2 loves to watch this. Obviously, she doesn't get the same experience as me, but this movie really is for all ages. While you're likely to appreciate this for different reasons than me, you should watch it if you haven't.
on January 18, 2013
though my review isnt going to be as awesome and thorough like a lot of others, i just have to comment on how beautiful this story is. i agree with a lot of others that even though its a pixar animated movie, its just as much for adults, if not more than it is for kids. not ratings-wise but content wise.

the story follows the old man through his love, loss and promises, and the journey along the way.

I will admit, i started crying in the first 10 minutes of the movie, its so incredibly sweet, and it reminded me of my own grandparents in that they were each others first and ONLY love, and my mama just recently passed, so the movie reeeally connected with me on that level because i can see my papa in the old man in the movie.

it's definitely a little different than your typical animated film, but if youre into the kind of more mature animated subjects and dig a sweet story, then definitely give this movie a shot. you won't be disappointed.
on July 23, 2017
This is a great movie it is whimsical, touching and while having lots of humor can still pull on your heartstrings. I liked that one of the protagonists is a senior and one of the enduring narrative threads is how much he loved and missed his wife. The animal characters provide lots of humor and really add to the story. The 2 short on the disc are funny and I recommend that the viewer take the time to watch them. This is a PG rate film and it does have some moments that a child might find scary when a kid is in jeopardy and the villain meets his just reward. I recommend this film for hte young and the young at heart
on January 17, 2013
This movie has more heart in it than can be expected from most animated movies. Heck, it tackles many of life's issues better than a whole marathon of sappy Lifetime Channel dramas and it will not wring you out, it will lift you up! While watching this movie, everyone in the room will find someone to identify with, from the smallest child to the oldest adult and anyone in between. It's one of the movies that needs to be watched a couple of times because it has so much packed into it. It's funny, inspirational, and even surprisingly sad (kids won't catch the sad parts the way that adults will understand them). Watch this one together...you'll miss out if you use this one to simply entertain the kids while you cook dinner. It's well worth the whole family's time and attention.
on July 21, 2017
Are you ready to gasp in disbelief at the beautiful scenery of clouds with YOU and YOUR beloved family? You know they say it takes 2 kids to make a wholesome family! One won't do!! Haha back to the movie review. Are you ready to enter the enchanted world of Disney's "UP"? Haha then strap right in partner!! You'll see sights the world has never seen!! You'll see rivers from afar!! Are you and YOUR kids ready to feel the excitement of blood-pumping action as you take off in thousands of balloons to see beautiful wildlife? Well what're you waiting for?!?! Strap right in partner to see Disney's "UP"! A masterful achievement of sight and sound the likes the world has never seen!! Feast your eyes!! For just the low cost of admission, you TOO can be experiencing "UP"!! Wow! I can't wait till I get my tickets!! Strap right in!!
TOP 100 REVIEWERon January 18, 2016
I was very happy to learn that Disney had decided to re-release
UP for Blu-ray as a 3D presentation. I have always had a soft
spot for this wonderfully charming, touching adventure story that
proves once again that nobody makes animated features quite
like Pixar.

In one of the most poignant animated sequences ever filmed, we learn
the story of a young boy named Carl (Ed Asner) who dreams of
embarking on great adventures. This young boy stumbles upon the
love of his life, Ellie (Elizabeth Docter), who becomes his fellow "adventurer."
The two marry and grow old together, putting money away in hopes of
being able to visit Paradise Falls, a place that Carl swore he would one
day bring Ellie to visit. Unfortunately, that dream is never realized, as
Ellie eventually passes away. Now, a grumpy old man, Carl finds that
he is about to lose his home to a commercial construction company.
In a last-ditch effort to fulfill his promise to Ellie, Carl uses balloons to lift
his home and journey to South America.

UP excels in both story and animation. This beautifully crisp HD transfer
brings out all the wonderful textures within the artistry accented with
exuberant and stirring colors. None of the deep, well saturated coloration
seems to be hindered by active shutter eyewear. Black levels are
exceptional. Chalk this up as another outstanding, flawless rendering.

I wasn't quite certain if UP was originally conceived for or later up-converted
to 3D. Something seemed rather odd to me when watching the Blu-ray --
it looked too damn good to be a simple up-conversion, particularly for the
fact that there was quite a bit of protrusion. Upon doing some research, I
was delighted to find that UP was actually Pixar's very first film to be presented
in the newly introduced 3D format.

There is a predominant amount of depth to be found here which gives a keen
sense of giving proper size to foreground and background objects. In the
beginning of the film, there is a clever shot of Carl sliding down his electric
stairlift. Take a look at the contrast between the wall and the front railing.
It really provides a realistic sense of spacing. Many of the best 3D moments
of the film involve Carl's home flying over a city street or just gliding amongst
the clouds. Those shots provide exceptional view master-like moments that
greatly illustrate size amidst various objects.

As I recently mentioned, the one aspect of watching UP that convinced me
that this wasn't a simple up-conversion was the amount of objects that protruded
from the screen. As we watch Ellie lying on her back next to Carl describing cloud
formations, her fingers seem to extend beyond the borders of the screen. There
are many similar moments where Carl's thick black-rimmed glasses, nose and
chin poke outward. Even the snouts of dogs find themselves popping forward.
Now mind you, I wouldn't consider these real "In Yo' Face" moments, but the
jettisons are so tastefully done, that one can't help but still be admired by it all.

Disney's 5.1 DTS-HD MA is a real pleasure to listen to, particularly for Michael
Giachinno's wonderfully soothing score with touches of waltzes and anthems
which immerses and seemingly lifts the viewer as if attached to a string of
balloons. I rarely hear a score for an animated film that perfectly captures
the adventure on-screen than this one. Of course, the rear channels do an
exceptional job of relaying all the surrounding scenic and weather elements.
There is a good amount of rumbling LFE response to be found here whether
it be during a thunderstorm or when Carl's home is flying too close to the ground.
Clean, clear and crisp are three words that come to mind when describing how
well the sound is translated to the viewer. A exceptional HD experience in both
picture and sound.

UP arrives as a 4-disc combo pack that includes 3D/2D Blu-ray+2D Blu-ray
Bonus Features+DVD+Digital Copy. It even looks as if all the extra features
of the original Blu-ray release have been ported over. There were no trailers
included on the 3D disc.

The Blu-ray case is sleeved in lenticular packaging.

UP is yet another masterpiece from the Pixar animation team. In 2009 it was
awarded two Academy Awards for Best Animated Feature and Best Score. If
you have not had the opportunity to see this film in 3D, it is definitely time to
take a second look. UP looks even more uplifting than ever before thanks to
a 3D presentation that is nothing less than perfect.
on January 20, 2016
I try to buy the bluray, dvd, and digital copy together for little kid movies that we buy. One of the great things about Disney is you can choose to download your digital copy to your Amazon account. With our kids having kindles they can watch their Disney movies anywhere. Another plus to the digital copy is they can watch it on our tv without touching (aka scratching) the blurays or dvd!!

Up is such a great kid movie. My 2 year old loves this movie and has watched it over and over. My other kids 11, 9, 6,4) enjoy it also. Plus there is just enough humor for my husband and I.
I LOVE this movie - it is perfect for all ages. It has one of most incrediblly sweet opening segments I have seen in *any* movie, let alone an animated movie!

And if you love dogs, you'll enjoy this movie all the more!

If you have not seen this movie yet, do yourself a favour, and watch it!! I've seen it several times, and every adult (and child) I know who has seen it loves it!
on November 28, 2009
"Up" by Pixar continues the amazing run of animated movies this studio has put out. Just when you think it will be impossible for Pixar to top themselves, they amaze you by surpassing their already lofty standards. I thought the only slight stumble from Pixar was "Ratatouille", but then they release "Wall*E" and "Up". "Up" may be the best animated film I've ever seen and is about as perfect an animated film as can be made. Every aspect of "Up" is first-rate -- a wonderful story, incredible animation, great casting (yes, voice casting is critical and Ed Asner is wonderful) and a movie that delivers across a range of emotions that connect with adults and children. I won't bother recapping the plot, plenty other have done that.

We have 3 children (5,7 & 10) and they all are equally mesmerized and entertained by this movie. We all loved the movie when we saw it in the theaters and the Blu-ray version of "Up" does complete justice to the picture. Watching this movie on a 52" HDTV at home, while not up to theater standards, certainly is about as close to being in the theater as you can get.

Storytelling is an art form and we often take for granted how hard it is to create truly wonderful stories. The folks at Pixar have spoiled us by making it appear too easy, constantly churning out movies that will be classics for generations, just like the old Disney animated movies. If you have not seen "Up", do yourself a favor and buy a blu-ray player, or if you have one, then buy the blu-ray version of "Up" and treat yourself to a wonderful, hynotic and mesmerizing bit of storytelling. It just doesn't get any better than this.
on August 26, 2017
One of my all time favorites. I always cry in the first ten minutes when they go through the history. All 3 of my kids will sit down and watch it together without a fight so it's a winner in my book. For a kids movie, there is enough adult in it to keep the interest all the way through and enough action to keep 1-6 year olds entertained.