Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports toystl17_gno

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 3, 2011, 9:25:33 AM PDT
AJ Davis says:
Since this book was published a few years ago, (2003), some of the information is out of date, such as how Pluto is a planet according to this book. Does anybody know of a similar, more recent book?

Posted on Jun 5, 2011, 8:30:52 PM PDT
J. Cahill says:
I'm reading this book right now. While there will be a few small things here and there that are out of date (like Pluto's status) the majority of the book covers the history of how we know these things. So all the information about Percevil Lowell, Pluto's moon, Clyde Tombaugh, and all other things surrounding the Pluto story will still be correct and informative. Don't hesitate to pick this book up just because there may be a few tiny new things that have happened in the few years since the book was published.

Posted on Aug 15, 2011, 6:49:15 AM PDT
I was wondering the same thing, AJ. I am a Biology Secondary Certification student and am interested in using excerpts from this book in the classroom. A newer version would be appreciated!

Posted on Jan 12, 2012, 11:49:32 AM PST
adamczar says:
Someone will be doing themselves a disservice by not reading the book just because a few major events have happened. The Pluto thing most people know about. He also talks about earthquakes and tsunamis, which we should all know has changed a bit since 2003. In other words, anything that is out of date should be common knowledge so there isn't much danger in being tricked. None of that makes the rest rest of the information irrelevant.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Apr 3, 2011
Latest post:  Jan 12, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

This discussion is about