Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Update International (EP-12) 12 Oz Stainless Steel Frothing Pitcher
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now STEM

Size: 12-Ounce|Color: Silver|Change
Price:$6.43+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on June 7, 2011
I bought this "stainless steel" pitcher instead of a more expensive one. I got it 5 days ago and have used it to steam milk approximately 9 times since then. I have not run it through the dishwasher at all, but have washed it by hand. The handle is already rusting where it joins with the body of the pitcher! Also, the "spout" is nowhere near as pronounced as in the photo, making it more like pouring out of a plain drinking glass than out of a pitcher.

Definitely regretting going cheaper on this purchase. :(
55 comments| 95 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 25, 2013
Rusted after 3 days. Two BIG thumbs down for this waste of money. And shame on the seller for claiming that it is stainless steel.
on July 14, 2014
This pitcher is good for frothing milk with small espresso makers like the delonghi ec 155, but this is not stainless steel.

I was using the Delonghi recommended Durgol decalcifier and I put this pitcher to catch the water mixed with the decalcifier.

The pitcher became black on the inside as the "stainless" layer wore off. This tells me this pitcher is not true stainless but rather chrome steel. Durgol decalcifier will eat through chrome steel, but not through true stainless steel.
on December 24, 2014
This seems like a nice pitcher overall, definitely more useful for cappuccino because of the size. It seems shiny and sturdy, definitely a good product for the price. I think mine was probably just a fluke, but as I was washing it, something sharp scratched my hand. There is a tiny piece of metal sticking out of the handle. I attached a picture, it's hard to see unless you look closely. I'm not saying don't buy this pitcher, but examine it closely before handling it. Amazon is sending me a replacement, I assume if this were a more common defect there would be more complaints on here.
on September 17, 2007
Very small. Steams enough milk for 1 serving of double-shot latte. When deciding on size, always measure liberally. Take into account that steamed milk usually doubles in size if done properly.
on April 7, 2014
Update: I've changed my review as to the pouring spout. After more than a year of making lattes, about once a week, it seems that this pitcher is capable of latte art if the person pouring is capable. (Still perfecting my art) ...also still no rust.

I rated this as four stars because I find the pour spout is too shallow to get a consistent pour while pouring art work. Other than that, the pitcher I received seems well made, no rust or dents or scratches. The pitcher works well with my SAECO POEMIA frothing wand. I removed the panarello tip and use the short wand. (I fill the pitcher to about 1/4 inch below the bottom of the pour spout.) I find that this pitcher works for one double shot latte in an 8 ounce cup or a nice single shot cappuccino.
on March 24, 2012
I was initially impressed with the frothing pitcher when we received ours from Amazon. However, being a espresso/cappuccino novice I didn't realize a few things. First, the pitcher is a little tall to fit under the frothing wand on our newly purchased De'Longhi EC155. Not a big deal because with a little finesse it could still be accomplished. And besides, not really to be held against the pitcher, more of my fault. Second, the 12 oz size, as many others have said, is pretty restrictive when trying to get a good froth. Again, more my fault/inexperience then to be blame on the product. However, the final straw is that the handle fell off our pitcher after about a month of use. The pitcher was never put through the dishwasher. . . and even if it was, should it really fail after a month of. Maybe we were just unlucky and received one produced on a Friday or something. Either way, one star for being so fragile.
This is indeed a very small frother as others have already stated. When I got it I doubted that it even held 12 ounces, but sure enough, 12 ounces means the milk fills the pitcher to the brim. Which means you can't really froth 12 ounces of milk, but rather 6 ounces. It is thus better used as a small creamer on a large table setting, or for a very small milk steamer. It is otherwise an attractive little piece.

Otherwise this is solidly build. The handle does not get hot while the milk is steaming.

This product is made in China. A white label had been placed over that statement on the outside package as if to hide that fact.
on October 18, 2007
This is an ok size for creating a small 2 cup cappaccino with the Mr Coffee Cappaccino Maker. This size does not give you very much frothing room for larger drinks and I will probably purchase the 20oz size soon. The quality is excellent, sturdy stainless steel and heats the milk alot quicker than a ceramic mug I have been using. Get this for making smaller drinks but if you want more frothing room I would get the 20oz or even larger.
on May 15, 2016
Really bad product, not worth it since this pitcher is tiny and takes long time to deliver to deliver from China (took over 4 weeks to deliver). I bought another one because this one was so small and defiantly not 12oz. I messaged the seller and his answer was that nothing to do about it.

Summary: avoid it and buy one with prime

In the picture you can see this product on the right vs a real 12oz one on the left that was only $1 more