- Save 6% on each participating item when you spend $350.00 or more on 【8th Anniversary Sale】All product at SmallRig offered by SmallRig. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 5% on each participating item when you spend $200.00 or more on Qualifying items offered by SmallRig. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 8% on SmallRig Universel Top Handle 1638 when you purchase 1 or more SmallRig Camera Cage for Sony A6300 A6000 Camera - 1661 offered by SmallRig. Enter code XPASCU6K at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 11% each on 【8th Anniversary Sale】All product at SmallRig offered by SmallRig when you purchase 980 or more. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 10% on SmallRig Nato Clamp 1885 when you purchase 1 or more SmallRig Camera Cage for Sony A6300 A6000 1661 offered by SmallRig. Enter code XOXS9BDD at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 5% on SmallRig Nato Rail Handle when you purchase 1 or more SmallRig A6000 A6300 Cage offered by SmallRig. Enter code NVKVAZC2 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
[Update] SmallRig Camera Cage for Sony A6000 A6300 ILCE-6000 ILCE-6300 NEX7 with 1/4" Thread for Base Plate, Top Handle, EVF Mount, Tripod Plate, Cheese Plate - 1661
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- VERSION 3: Great promotion at special price, the 3rd update for a better experience.
- SmallRig Camera Cage 1661 is a form fitting aluminum exoskeleton that protects your camera and offers mounting options to attach accessories. With the camera in the cage, you still have access to the SD card slot, battery compartment, and all camera controls.
- The built-in shoe mount is used to connect light accessories, such as microphone, EVF mount and more. A 1/4"-20 threaded hole at the front enables it to attach to 15mm Micro Rod with 1/4'' Thread 915(SmallRig 915) for follow focus.
- Compatible with HDMI Clamp 1822(smallRig 1822), wooden handle 1970 (SmallRig 1970), metabones lens adapter support 1787 (SmallRig 1787).
- The front of the cage is designed for anti-twisting and excellent heat dissipation, beneficial for more enjoyable shoot.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Color||Cage||Camera Cage||a6300 Cage||Top Handle||Rubber 1446||black|
|Item Dimensions||3.33 x 5.39 x 1.93 in||1.95 x 5.43 x 3.33 in||—||1.57 x 4.45 x 2.76 in||1.5 x 5.2 x 2.76 in||6.8 x 10.4 x 2.4 in|
SmallRig Cage 1661 is form-fitting aluminium exoskeleton that protects your camera well while also offering mounting options for attaching accessories. With the camera in the cage, you still have access to the SD card slot, battery compartment, and all camera controls.
The built-in shoe mount is used to add light accessories, such as a microphone, EVF mount and more. A 1/4’’-20 threaded hole at the front allows to attach 15mm Micro Rod with 1/4'' Thread 915 for follow focus. For the handheld shoot, adding a top handle is a good choice. This cage is also compatible with Sony A6500 Wooden Handgrip 1970. It allows mounting HDMI Cable Clamp 1822 to protect HDMI port. Besides, you can purchase Metabones Lens Adapter Support 1787 to protect lens port due to the long and heavy lens pressure. The front of the cage is designed for anti-twisting and excellent heat dissipation, which gives a more enjoyable shoot.
Key Features:1. Built-in cold shoe for attaching microphone and other light accessories
2. Compatible with wooden handgrip 1970
3. Front 1/4’’-20 threaded hole attaches 15mm Micro Rod with 1/4'' thread 915
4. Attaches HDMI Cable Clamp 1822 to protect HDMI port
5. Easy access to SD card slot, battery compartment with the special design
6. Two bottom 1/4" threads in vertical direction for secure attaching tripod plate
1 x Cage
1 x 1/4''-20 Screw
Product Dimensions: 137x84.5x49mm
Net Weight: 155g
Package Size: 185x100x60mm
Package Weight: 219g
Material: Aluminum Alloy
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Many 1/4"-20 and 3/8" options
Many additional accessories are available
Fits snugly with 1 mounting screw on the bottom, while still allowing quick releases to attach
The frame that wraps around the left side of the lens (grip side) greatly reduces your grip on the A6300. I'm not sure how necessary that framing is, but it doesn't allow your hand a lot of room to hold the camera.
There is a slight wiggle when the camera is secured, as there is only 1 mounting point, but it's not bad
The cold shoe is virtually unusable, as anything attached up there will likely inhibit your ability to work the shutter/mode/dial functions.
Overall, for the price especially, it's a purchase that I'm satisfied with. There are a couple of tweaks that would make this more versatile and effective, but it's still a great rig
I't fits very close to the camera body and only makes contact where needed. It doesn't add too much weight but it gives you more to hold on to so you feel a little more confident tossing your rig all over the place. I've used it with on a monopod, sticks, & hand held and it performed like a rock! I actually grown to like it so much that I never take it off my camera. Plus, SmallRig offers a lot of accessories to customize your rig to meet your needs.
One draw back: Where the cage meets the body there is no type of friction material (i.e.: cork, rubber). So, if the cage and body aren't mounted as flush as possible, any constant movement side to side loosens the locking screw. It takes a little of time to find the "sweet" spot. But once you do there are no real issues.
Hope this helps
The only complaint I have is regarding the mounting screw at the bottom. The groove for flat head screwdriver (or coin in my case) is a little shallow - and the metal is a bit soft, so when I tried to tighten it, and my coin slipped out of the groove, it also stripped the metal away. This has happened a number of times already and the groove is slowly eroding away, making the slippage while tightening more of a common occurrence. I fear I may have to seek a replacement screw if the groove is stripped away too much.
I have a 16-70mm lens attached to the camera and there's a noticeable amount of flex when you touch the lens. I'm sure this is due to the rubber cushions on the bottom plate of the cage. I'm not worried about the integrity of the mount, but the actual movement of the camera. It's just not as solid as if it was mounted directly to an Arca plate.