Industrial Deals HPC Rebound Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon howardsend howardsend howardsend  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now TG18PP_gno

on October 10, 2002
Get this book and replace paranoia with common sense!--Todd Stauffer explains which troubleshooting, upgrades, and repairs the average user can make on the Macintosh (most of them--they're easy), and which are best left to professionals (a few). There are also handy tables showing which Macs take what equipment (drives, peripherals, etc.), so you'll know what to get when you shop for that external hard drive or RAM chip. Go ahead, get this book, and save a bundle on computer work.
on September 29, 2000
I really learned how my Mac works, RAM, Video, upgrading processors, USB, installing new Hard Drives and the like. In less than two weeks after buying this book, I installed two new Hard Drive in my Power Mac 7500, upgraded the processor to G3 300 MHz processor speed, installed a new Video Card. My old "vintage" Mac from 1996 is now up there with many of the latest. Best of all, I get to keep using ALL my SCSI peripherals (printers, scanners, etc.! ). Also, I don't. need to buy a new computer for 2-3 more years! This book is a real education and very engagingly and entertaininly written! This book saved way over a $1000.00 that I would have spent buying a new Mac. My upgraded 7500 is now a decent Photoshop, Office 98 and basic game machine. Kudos to the author! Now I'm going to graduate up to his more advanced book ... start with this one though! Thanks Todd!
on September 22, 2007
These reviews are useless. They are over 5 years old and no telling how old the book itself is. Beware of the book and the reviews both.
Glad to help.