BCA Month Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now HTL17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 15 reviews(4 star). See all 63 reviews
on February 15, 2017
The trick about using a sliced potatoe for preventing windshield fogging is one of my favorites. Overall the book seems to have been written for a more female audience (not too many dudes will fix their lipstick using an air dryer) but still it is a fun and sometimes instructive read. I wish it would feature more anecdotes on the Japanese culture though.
on May 2, 2016
Excellent reading for anyone who is interested in saving time and money! Well written and easy to understand, will use these tips often.
on June 4, 2012
I really, really, REALLY love books like this- jam-packed with tidbits that you can read in a minute, or sit down and read several in a row. I further love the illustration style and usefulness of the ideas.

However, I really cannot say that I actually DO very many of them.

Nonetheless I am happy to have this in my library.
on December 6, 2010
To be honest, I have not tried any of the tricks mentioned in the book, but I do like the part where she describes how or why the trick works. I tend to be skeptical about "ancient" tips and tricks. As long as there's a scientific explanation, I'm okay with it. One thing I don't like about this book is that it has horrible illustration. Especially the hand illustrations. It looks like the hands don't have opposable thumbs. Kinda creepy. Seriously, with all the manga artists living in Japan, they couldn't get a better illustrator?
on October 17, 2015
Quick and easy read. Many good fixes for common problems. Reason these things work is explained so everyone can understand. Good book for everyone.
on October 28, 2016
It was great, filled with very good suggestions
on December 25, 2016
A
on September 4, 2012
Pretty good. Not too long. Knew most of them. Wish it had more entries.Good little book for short reading.Glad it didn't cost much more than I paid.
on December 4, 2015
Fun and interesting read, lots of things you can apply in your daily life!
on July 3, 2008
This book is like a fun version of Hints from Heloise...little tricks that you're surprised work, that make your every day life a little smoother. I like skimming the book, and I've gotten some good ideas from it already. Another nice thing is the explanation of why each tip works...I picked up some lite science while reading. That said, the book is a little layout heavy, with only one tip per page. If it was more packed, I think I would've given it 5 stars. Even so, it's a fun book to have around when you just wanna thumb through.