- File Size: 185 KB
- Print Length: 102 pages
- Publisher: Outskirts Press, Inc. (April 30, 2012)
- Publication Date: April 30, 2012
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B007ZU6C6E
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Not Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #3,932,427 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$17.95|
Save $7.96 (44%)
Urban Eloquence: Da Eclectic Poetry of Demetrius Fitzgerald Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
This month's Book With Buzz: "Little Fires Everywhere" by Celeste Ng
From the bestselling author of Everything I Never Told You, a riveting novel that traces the intertwined fates of the picture - perfect Richardson family and the enigmatic mother and daughter who upend their lives. See more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
The writer takes familiar songs, old and new and basically creates a story beyond the actual song. Each title is given, followed by a song and it’s artist. Once you begin reading, you suddenly hear the familiar music playing in your head along with the writer words. It’s fantastic!
From the visual of the description of the many situations of each poem, to the simple smile I had with each flip of the page. I love the word choice the writer used. It was an easy read, but not elementary.
The rhythm of my body as I read totally took me elsewhere. When I finish this book, I found myself looking for the music the writer used in my library. The author gives a certain utopia feel of love, lust, and attraction between the opposite sex.
This book is sexy, real, and straight to the point. If you aren't into poetry, this book will for sure convert you over to the rhythm of ones poetry, especially this book.
You will experience some very entertaining and thought-provoking moments in the pages of these words. It has been a long time since I have had a chance to enjoy good urban poetry. If you are a big fan, then you will like Urban Eloquence. I highly recommend this for anyone who has a passion for poetry.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Arts & Photography > History & Criticism > Criticism
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Poetry > Regional & Cultural > United States > African American
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Arts & Photography > Art > Art History > Regional > African American
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Poetry > American > African American