Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Enlightenment Now Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18_gno

This was the first time I have read horror. I normally write and consume humour. But I wanted to read something different on my new Kindle. Lee has opened my eyes to a whole new world of fiction, previously unexplored. The detail is grizzly and brilliantly crafted. Absolutely a five star read.
on December 31, 2011
I found myself saying "That's it? Really?" at the end of every story. These "short stories" read more like scenes from a story that you may or may not want to read more of, depending on which one you read, but none of them really managed to sustain any good tension or conflict on their own. All of them needed more development, in my opinion, and a few of them should have just stayed in the desk drawer.
on October 6, 2012
For those looking for good horror anthologies, please include this in your purchases. Being American, I usually enjoy American horror authors better than our British counterparts. However, in the case of this collection, the author kept my interest from story to story. It definitely was not my favorite horror collection, but it is well worth the price of purchase.
on November 25, 2011
When there are less than 10 reviews and all good, it's usually reviews from their mother, father, brothers, sisters, wives, husbands and children?

I've only read one story so far (Conspiracy of Silence) simply because I was considering blowing my head off while reading that one and I fear what I might do to myself should I read further. Way too much dragging on and on trying to describe a character of a very short story. We are not with this character long enough to really care. Three quarters into the story and he's still trying to explain this stupid character.

Overall it was just a very frustrating read and my advice is to wait till there are at least 50 reviews before you purchase so you can get to the truth. Should I decide to torture myself and read more, I'll update my review.
on February 19, 2012
This book was NOT horror and NOT well written. This is not the first book that I purchased that had a 5 star rating, I'm beginning to think the reviewers are not being quite honest!
on January 18, 2016
If you're looking for a collection of gratuitous stories that focus on graphic sex and gore, you're going to want to skip this; if you're in the mood for something that's far classier in its execution, this one is for you. It's not that Frazer Lee is afraid to give you the gory details -- quite the contrary, your brain is left to fill in what makes you afraid, which makes the stories in this collection that much more frightening. What's most refreshing about Lee's collection of short stories stems from his writing style: these stories are vivid without being obnoxious, and carry a tone that's perfect for reading aloud by a fire. Each stems from an everyday situation that manages to go horribly wrong, from a night out with a date ("Urbane") to a child excited for Christmas (the completely terrifying "Tinsel") to a nasty hangover ("Hair of the Dog"). If pressed to pick a favorite, it's a toss up between "Ill Met By Moonlight," which showcases an ability to create a Lovecraftian-style take on marriage, and " Conspiracy of Silence," which gets darker with each passing word. By the time you reach the end, you're curious as to what else Lee is capable of accomplishing. I often gauge a writer's talent by how well a short story can be accomplished, as it takes skill to scare someone in a short amount of time. I'm happy to report that Lee has the ability in spades. An excellent, imaginative read for a dark night.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 28, 2009
This volume contains all of the old favorites, as well as a couple of new favorites, one of which is Tinsel, a classic Christmas story... well, not quite. If I had read this as a child, then I'm fairly sure that I would not have slept for a week. When a story can provoke a chilly, squirmy reaction in broad daylight in a safe environment, then there's something good happening. With a few well-chosen words, Mr. Lee effectively creates both character and atmosphere, and let's not forget about the "euuwww" factor. Many of these tales demonstrate the most engaging use of bodily fluids and innards. Each tale is original and distinctive, a most entertaining array of Mr. Lee's work. The screenplays prove their power on the page, and provide a fascinating comparison to the films that have already been realized visually. It makes me yearn to see more of his words put into motion. He graces many of his stories with a slight supernatural twist that takes you by the hand and personally leads you into the darkness.
on September 14, 2009
It's not often that I come across a book that really makes me lose track of time but Frazer Lee's Urbane held me spellbound in a page turning world of creepy, blood thirsty, jump-out at you horror. The book contains six short stories in very diverse styles and set in modern day, olden times and lots in between with each tale weaving its own thread of gore and ghastliness. The second half of the book contains the complete scripts from six of Lee's films and are complete roller coaster rides in the dark depths of the darkness. A perfect bedtime book for a disturbed nights sleep. Loved it !