Industrial Deals Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New album by morrisey STEM Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

Puro Caff, 20oz

on October 16, 2010
My mother doesn't understand good coffee. She never cleans her drip maker, and she makes the worst coffee you can imagine because of it. I decided that I'd do her a favor and clean it for her. This turned out to be impossible, no matter how many cycles of vinegar, soap, cleaners, and good old fashioned elbow grease I used on it. The urn remained stubbornly brown with a black cake on the bottom. I thought ages of coffee sludge was going to be stuck on there forever and it was ruined. I'd figure I'd have to buy my mom a new maker for Christmas and try to get her to practice some better coffee hygiene habits (fat chance).

I told a friend of mine about my failed efforts, and she directed me to pick up this stuff instead. I was skeptical, given how bad off the maker was. She was just so enthusiastic about it that I finally gave in and ordered some. Low and behold --Two cycles and my mom's drip maker literally looked like it just came out of the box! Not a single speck of cooked on oil caked on anywhere! No scrubbing! I thought I heard the Hallelujah Chorus start up when I rinsed it out the second time. My mother and I were both pleased and I was finally able to enjoy a cup of coffee at her house for the first time in years.

When I went home and ran some through my own maker that I've been using the vinegar method on for years. I even tasted a difference in my own coffee, and I've been religious about keeping my drip maker clean! Or so I thought.

Color me impressed, and that's why I'm writing this review. You can't go wrong with this stuff, even on seriously tough cleaning jobs.
21 helpful votes
22 helpful votes
on May 25, 2013
My son first told me about this product after he flew home on a recent trip. He'd stopped for coffee at an airport and the barista took one look at his coffee thermos and said, "You need to get this product." The barista then told him about Puro. My son bought a canister from Amazon and tried it out and couldn't wait to tell me about it. I ordered it myself the next day and tried it out as soon as it arrived. My travel mug had been so stained by coffee and the mouth of it was just narrow enough that I couldn't get my hand inside it to really scrub the stains. I put in 1 teaspoon of the Puro, added boiling water and let it sit for a half hour. Then I just poured it out and my travel mug was spotless inside. I just couldn't believe it. Check out my picture posted on the product page. It truly is like magic and effortless, to boot. Best money spent in ages.
8 helpful votes
9 helpful votes
on August 21, 2015
I have a stainless (ha!) cup that I was convinced was destined for the trash. I had tried bleach, steel wool, vinegar, and essentially everything short of fire to clean this thing. It was a gross, scratched brown color all over. After reading the reviews of this product I decided that it was worth a shot for just a few bucks.

Honestly, I wish I had taken before and after pictures because there's no way you'll believe what I'm telling you. My cup is now sparkling clean and looks absolutely brand new. I also used it to clean my set of Joulies at the same time and those are also completely brand new looking.

If you think your cup or coffee pot or espresso machine is hopeless you should do yourself a favor and try this. At worst you'll lose a few bucks and get to watch an angry blob of froth attack your cup, at best you'll save yourself a ton of money.
on January 29, 2016
I was amazed (and dismayed) at the amount of coffee residue the product was able to clean from our coffee maker. A poll of all of the coffee drinkers in our home revealed that everyone noticed an immediate and striking improvement in the taste of the coffee.

First, I need to be clear that I have used thes product for one of the alternative suggested uses on my Bonavita 1800 coffee maker rather than with an espresso machine and the results were excellent.

All of the stains which I have been (unsuccessfully) trying to clean with scouring pads from the stainless steel thermal carafe as well as the bronze coffee basket have been completely removed and the parts of the coffee maker which come in contact with the coffee or coffee grounds look as if it is a brand new coffee maker.

I did use 3 separate doses of the product through the coffee maker to remove all traces of oil and stain residue but, the last dose was not necessary as it turned out.

I highly recommend the product and any serious coffee drinker looking to provide a consistent and great cup of coffee should use it on a regular basis.
on March 27, 2017
This stuff is great. The first time you use it, you won't believe how much gunk comes out of your coffee maker, even if you have been using a cleaner like Dipit.
on November 16, 2015
WOW! Great cleaning product and so inexpensive compared to the descaling tablets. I own a Breville Espresso machine and they charge an arm and a leg for the little cleaning tablets. The woman at my local coffee shop told me they use Puro Caff on their machine and that I should buy that instead. Wow was she right. It works so much better and its the exact same thing as those expensive Breville tablets. You also get such a nice quantity of the cleaning powder that you can clean it more often which helps make the machine last longer. I really recommend getting this stuff for cleaning any kind of coffee machine or espresso maker.
on September 25, 2017
Works extremely well cleaning the gunk out of a mug or thermos. Probably gives cancer, but doesn't leave an aftertaste after being rinsed thoroughly.
on April 25, 2013
I've tried Comet, Ajax, Bar-keepers Friend, Bon-Ami, dishwashing soap. When cleaning out old coffee from coffee equipment, this can't be beat. It's a one-trick pony so far (there's probably more it can do) but it's a great trick!

I use it to clean carafes, thermoses (plural for thermos???), and other coffee equipment. It's not meant for cleaning mineral problems, that's what vinegar is for. This is just for cleaning out those stubborn coffee stains.

And it rocks.
3 helpful votes
4 helpful votes
on September 6, 2016
Cleans coffee and tea stains with little effort. Simply put warm to hot water in the coffee stained mug or pot. Put a teaspoon or so of Puro in the water and agitate. Then just leave the solution for a few hours or over night. You will notice the coffee residue has lifted and can easily be washed off. One bottle of Puro will probably last a year or two for a small household.
on September 23, 2016
Product arrived on time. It was a larger amount than i expected even reading the description. Used to try and clean a commercial espresso machine that had sat unused for about a year. Did not seem to get some of the deeper stains and oils out of the group heads. Might work to keep a unit clean as a regular maintenance item but not for a deep cleaning use.