Salon Beauty Kindle 10th Anniversary Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition $99.99. Limited-time offer. All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

• Us

Customer reviews

Us
Format: Paperback|Change

on April 22, 2015
Depressing and lovely at the same time. A story about a man losing his wife. It was touching to read how this man experienced the loss of his wife. Just so sad.
on January 20, 2016
Overly simple, sweet and purposely naive. It's a sad teddy bear.
on February 12, 2012
Kimball's Us is a moving novel, it's simple yet it amazes you. As a reader, it keeps you up all day all night to continue reading what is going on in this mind of a loving husband.
on January 23, 2016
Get ready to cry.
on December 31, 2015
Although I found parts of this novella touching--particularly the dead and dying wife's voice-- it was just too sad. I've known deep loss and believe that with grief there can also be deep gratitude and remembrance of past joys. It all seemed flat to me. I suppose that was intentional but where were family and friends? Again, this great love likely excluded others according to Michael Kimball, but I felt there was an even greater attempt to emotionally manipulate the reader..
on October 30, 2015
So so sad
on February 16, 2016
Very disappointing. Poor character development. Limited story arch.
on March 5, 2013
The beginning of this book drew me in. It was very touching. As it continued, it didn't seem believable to me. Maybe I missed the point but can't say I would recommend this book.
VINE VOICEon September 6, 2011
I was not totally prepared for the intensity of this little book. It is written with acute precision...an elderly man is in the breathtakingly sad process of losing his beloved wife of probably 50 plus years. It is almost childlike in it's slow movement and plain, but heartbreaking, description of his excruciating journey. It is lovely...but for me, almost unbearably painful.
I have lost both of my parents in the last 5 years...in circumstances almost identical to this one...so I spent absolutely every minute with this book weeping profusely. Every page brought profound sadness. I am not one to normally be so vulnerable. I have no choice but to give the book 5 stars. It is indeed a little masterpiece. But it evoked such severe pain that I felt like I had removed my hand from being stuck in a car door when I finished.
This a a short, but extremely powerful book. Although I think it is wonderful,and perhaps should be required reading for young people and those in the caregiving profession...I must warn readers to be prepared to be devestated.
on January 12, 2012
I will keep my review sweat and short: this book is simply amazing. There much passion and pain that one is never really ready to endure, but must.