- Age Range: 11 - 14 years
- Grade Level: 6 - 9
- Series: Usagi Yojimbo
- Paperback: 208 pages
- Publisher: Dark Horse Books (July 26, 2016)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1506700489
- ISBN-13: 978-1506700489
- Product Dimensions: 6 x 0.4 x 9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 8.8 ounces
- Average Customer Review: 10 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #119,568 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Paperback – July 26, 2016
Try the Kindle edition and experience these great reading features:
Showing 1-8 of 10 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. Out of the 4 stories in the book, 2 involved psychopaths (not the type that fit into the story like Jei or Inazumi) - a Spanish emissary and a duelist who cuts off the hands of his defeated opponents. Both end up dying, but not after we see how evil they are, the Spaniard makes a tea master commit seppuku and we see the duelist cut off a hand and add it to his necklace made of finger bones. Just not very feel good stories.
2. The book just felt short. I understand how long it takes to draw these books, but I hate waiting a year for a new edition and reading it in 30 minutes. Maybe I'm just getting older cause these books used to take me longer:(
3. There feels like there is little connection between the stories, all 4 seem to take place at very different times and feel like individual stories (like in some of Stan's previous books, but most of those have some transition between the tales).
Overall, I enjoyed the book and always do, and appreciate that Stan is still making these (I don't know what I'll do when he stops!), but this was not one of my favorites in the series.