Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Useless kindle sample

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 12, 2011, 8:08:16 PM PST
I downloaded the sample for the kindle and it contains the introduction, a foreword and stops right before the text.
Those things are informative but in no way helpful to get the feel of the book.

Posted on Jan 24, 2012, 1:27:41 PM PST
I agree. I recently downloaded a sample that contained nothing but the title, publisher and author info pages. How is that helpful to me in deciding if I'm interested in the content? Samples should contain at least a portion of the first chapter if not the whole thing.

Posted on Sep 30, 2013, 11:56:28 AM PDT
Swyftstar says:
It is the same on Google Play and Barnes and Noble nook. I have also found this is the case for a few other books as well. There needs to be some more diligence in making a good sample other than just giving us the first 40 or 50 or so pages in the book.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Jan 12, 2011
Latest post:  Sep 30, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

This discussion is about
The Gunslinger (The Dark Tower, Book 1)
The Gunslinger (The Dark Tower, Book 1) by Stephen King (Audio Cassette - May 1, 1998)
4.2 out of 5 stars (2,221)