|Print List Price:||$16.00|
Save $3.01 (19%)
Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price set by seller.
Users, Not Customers: Who Really Determines the Success of Your Business Kindle Edition
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
I remember when Windows first came out and so many said it would never be allowed in their enterprise. It was wasteful with resources and the features weren't needed. The same people were saying that Local Area Networks were not needed as long as a floppy was available and a printer was close by. Then the internet came onto the scene and others like them could not see the value of email, or see what could justify the cost of getting good bandwidth (ISDN at the time) into their offices. Smartphone's were similarly dismissed as a young adult toy. I actually had a highly respected peer tell me after I purchased one of the very first Androids that the Google Android was a fluke and would die out soon. Now Android has taken over smartphone sales.
The sad thing about all of this is that many good people saw their careers fade into obscurity when they missed a technology curve. The pundits against windows were technologically obsolete when windows 3.1 came out and everyone adopted windows. A vast sea of top notch PC vendors who specialized in local support were relegated to commodity level vendors when Local Area Network houses started moving in and taking the high spot for local office technology support. Most of the executives that dismissed email and the Internet were no longer leading anything just a few years later. And smartphones, well that story tells itself.Read more ›
And then someone pointed out that the point of advertising wasn’t just to get people to view or listen to anything really. The point was to get them to buy something. So we started referring to them as customers.
But then someone realized that “customer” was too limiting a term. Because “customer” only referred to the transaction: they’re the customer, you’re the seller. And people don’t buy just because they want to buy (unless their name ends in “ardashian” I suppose). They buy because they have some sort of hunger that will only be met by your product.
That’s why words matter. Because they betray deeper meaning. And that’s why Aaron Shapiro’s book, “Users not Customers” is so interesting and important.
Shapiro’s shift (to read the rest of this review, please visit [...]
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Easily digestible and pertinent to the digital age where companies live and die by their physical and digital customer experiencesPublished 16 months ago by Matt W.
Almost entirely focused on business to consumer, hence little relevance for b-2-b; there is little room for emotion in a world based on SAP or oracle. Read morePublished on October 2, 2013 by Mikkel Lund
For those who are looking for new vision and guidance in the role of digital in their organization, the first chapters of this book are for you. Read morePublished on February 26, 2013 by Stephen Dill
A unique point-of-view that I found to be quite refreshing. Turning the perspective toward the user experience really hit home. Read morePublished on September 28, 2012 by Jamie Gianna
Users: Not Consumers Aaron Shapiro Users: Not Consumers is designed as a manual for entrepreneurs and small business owners who are interested in establishing an online presence to... Read morePublished on March 5, 2012 by Kindle Customer
Nice reading, quite practical. Great book for newcomers on digital marketing, it presents some up to date cases and a good approach to enhance any business initiative to be made.Published on December 14, 2011 by dtartaro
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Business & Money > Management & Leadership > Management
- Books > Business & Money > Management & Leadership > Strategy & Competition
- Books > Business & Money > Management & Leadership > Systems & Planning
- Books > Business & Money > Marketing & Sales > Marketing
- Books > Business & Money > Processes & Infrastructure > Customer Relations
- Books > Business & Money > Processes & Infrastructure > E-Commerce
- Books > Business & Money > Processes & Infrastructure > Strategic Planning
- Books > Computers & Technology > Business Technology > Web Marketing
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Industries > Customer Relations
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Industries > E-commerce
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Management & Leadership > Management > Strategic Management
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Management & Leadership > Systems & Planning
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Marketing & Sales > Marketing
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Computers & Technology > Web Marketing