Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 24 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 30 reviews
on September 14, 2014
A huge and quite heavy book due to the high class of paper used - it contains a lot of useful information and a lot of wonderful, inspiring and educating photos and illustrations. It covers all that natural builder should know about natural plasters. Personally, I've attended a workshop where I've learned how to make natural plasters and stick them to walls - the skill itself is very, very easy. After looking at the illustrations provided by the book, I belive that the book itself can actually teach the skill - just grab some test wall and practice a bit, and you should have no problems :).

Once you learn the skill of plastering, either yourself or with the help of workshop/teacher, this book will become your friendly companion. It has a lot of information, provided to readers in a simple, easy-to-understand way.

And for those who are afraid of learning to plaster by themselves, this book will inspire to at least seek a workshop near your place - if not with the pros of natural plasters written down, then at least it will inspire with the beautiful photos that show wonderful creations that can be made with natural finishes.
on January 26, 2011
This is a beautiful book. Very detailed and instructive. I bought this book because I was looking for alternatives to tile in a bathroom. However, this book is geared more for the professional or someone who wants to learn this technique because they have many rooms they want to paint, or they want to become a professional. There is to much involved for me to learn to do it for the two rooms in my home. But the education and the information is very extensive and will be useful to those who want to learn this process. It helped me to understand why the cost of this process is high, but for me the environmental benefits outweigh the cost. I think the process is fabulous and I will use it in my bathrooms as it provides a great moisture barrier which means I don't have to tile the entire room.
on June 26, 2013
It is kinda difficult to follow sometimes, due to the terminology that is used in the UK. However, dirt is dirt & clay is clay, so the recipes & mixes are very helpful. Our CEB (stabilized) house should be starting in about 3-4 weeks. The foundation & slab are to be poured just after the July 4th holiday. We are SOOOO looking forward to this. 14" walls, just like living in a cave! So many benefits to using clay mixes for the blocks!

I recommend the book!
on July 16, 2014
The way the book is organized is a little difficult. And to exclude lime that comes dry in the bag, excludes anyone who can't get anything else. I'm using hydrated lime in the bag and it's working out. And there are ways to make sure it's okay.
on April 18, 2013
I wanted to install clay finishes in a house I'm building but the pre packaged products available were a little pricey. This book provided all the guidance needed to work with raw natural materials and the results were amazing! I will refer back to this book for many years to come.
on May 9, 2013
I have two of Weismanns books and I have to say that the books are extremely interesting and informative. They are somewhat elite and stringent on the manner in which they come across pertaining to natural finishes though. I love the colorful detailed pictures and the easy read of it all. I will apply at least a couple of the ideas found so all is not lost. But it is very thorough so not a deal breaker for sure.
on January 11, 2013
By far the best plastering book I've come across. Plenty of pictures to go with the text, and very good explanations of what works and what doesn't. A very comprehensive book and very much worth buying for anyone looking to do some natural finish work. Honestly think I'd be a little lost without it,
on February 20, 2014
Full of in depth details on lime and clay finishes. Packed with clear explanations of the mechanics of the materials and application. I would recommend this to anyone wanting to get into natural finishes. Beautifully illustrated with photos and drawings.
on July 17, 2008
This beautiful, practical book, filled with inspiring pictures and helpful instructions, encourages all of us to reclaim building practices that have been sustainable across many cultures for millennia. In first "Building with Cob" and now this book--both tributes to those who have gone before them perfecting natural building and finishing--Adam Weismann and Katy Bryce draw ancient wisdom into the 21st century, making it accessible for us all.
on March 2, 2015
It's a great, but I bought it in order to get more instructional information about Tadelakt and it was really more of an overview. Some good info though.