Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno
asked by M. Croft on October 18, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 answers
A
Were you able to charge it from the wall in Israel? It looks to me that the only thing to do is find a plug with the prongs like they plug in Israel (cheap and easy to find there in any hardware store), and the AC adaptor that comes with the Kindle should do the trick. It is a 100-240 , 50/60 cycles adaptor, afterall. If somebody has an answer, please write.
A. S. Levine answered on November 27, 2011
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Is this only an adapter plug or is it also a power converter to change European 240V to US 120V? That is, if you plug it directly into a European wall socket to charge the Kindle, will the higher voltage "fry its brains"? Do you have to use a voltage converter between this plug adapter and the wall socket?

Thanks.
Becky Bear answered on December 6, 2011
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
btworld answered on February 1, 2012
Comment | 2 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Can I use my Blackberry charger to charge my Kindle? It fits, and shows it's charging - just scared I may damage the Kindle?
A. E. Kenny answered on December 6, 2011
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Thanks! This is exactly what I wanted to know. It's good to learn that while I'm in Europe, I can use the EU adapter by itself without using a converter. It makes life much simpler.

Cheers!

Becky
Becky Bear answered on February 8, 2012

A
I am looking for a power adapter suitable for use in South Africa. Several stores have 3rd-party manufactured adapters but they all have varying output ratings from 700 milliAmps to 1 Amp. I have been told Kindle requires 2 Amps and will not charge with these lower-output chargers. Is this true?
M. Boniaszczuk answered on February 15, 2012

A
can I charge my kindle and leave it plugged in?
Nicholas Petroulias answered on August 3, 2015

A
[Deleted by Amazon on Jul 10, 2017, 4:27:43 AM PDT]

A
[Deleted by Amazon on Jul 10, 2017, 4:27:31 AM PDT]
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product