Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 STEM March Birthstone Book House Cleaning _fab _fab _fab  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Shop Now STEM

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 23, 2011, 1:26:41 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 23, 2011, 1:28:33 PM PDT
Exbeliever says:
I have just ordered this book and cannot wait to read it so I can discuss it here. Hope there will be others here who will be open to discussion too. All my life I've been programmed with 'religion' and it's taken years to extricate myself from all the lies, myths and fairy tales I've been steeped in and actually use my brain to ration things out. More later!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2011, 8:59:20 AM PDT
1 says:
Sorry to hear that. I just hope you can overcome your pathological fear enough to get you to stop posting random snippets of self-affirming delusion to console yourself.

Later.

Posted on Aug 1, 2011, 9:03:58 AM PDT
1 says:
PS. Whatever extent to which you think you are "rational" and more well-grounded in your belief (that's right, you 'believe' there is no God, as does the author; hence his own confirmation bias, cognitive dissonance, etc.), those with faith can claim with much more resolve, such greater peace of mind, and a more highly developed intellect deeply based in reality that they have found the truth.

Get over it.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Jun 23, 2011
Latest post:  Aug 1, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer