Uspeed PCI-E to USB 3.0 Internal Combo/ 3-Ports USB 3.0 Hub & USB 3.0 6-Solts All-in-1 Card Reader, Can Read SD, SDHC, SDXC, Mini SD, MMC, RS-MMC, Micro SD, MS, CF, MD Card
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Plug and play; Easy and practical to use; Upgrade PC to SupperSpeed USB 3.0 (speed up to 5.0Gb/s)
- Standard 3.5" floppy size, 3 ports USB 3.0 and 6 slots card reader, supper SD, Micro SD, XD, MS, M2, CF
- Build-in over current protection, DC big 4-Pin socket supply power to make sure high current consumption USB devices working stably
- Package Includes: 1 USB 3.0 Internal Combo (Cable, 0.6M), 1 User's Manual, 1 CD
- Ship next business day, 24 * 7 email support, Free lifetime technical support and 18 months manufacturer warranty
Customers also shopped for
The PCI-E to USB 3.0 Internal Combo is the final solution for upgrading PC to SuperSpeed USB 3.0. Only several simple steps, 6 USB 3.0 all-in-one reader can meet your daily demand of writing and reading all kinds of digital memory card.
- Big power supply: DC big 4-Pin socket supply power to each USB 3.0 connector up to 900mA MAX, to ensure high current consumption USB devices working stably.
- Easy to install: Built-in PCI-E 3.0 allows you to quickly add a 3-Port USB 3.0 Hub to your computer. Standard 3.5" floppy size.
- Multiple card slots for all kinds of digital memory card: Can Reader SD, SDHC, SDXC, Mini SD, MMC, RS-MMC, Micro SD, MS, CF, MD Card (Can only reader 5 cards at a time)
- Built-in over current protection: It can protect the devices and Hub effectively.
- Metal case: This product avoids scratches, dents and corrosion. Resistant to pressure, heat and moisture.
- PCI-E port: Can only support PCI-E X1/X16 slot.
- System Requirements: Windows 2000 / ME/ XP / Vista / 7 (NOT COMPATIBLE WITH WIN 8)
* 2.4Ghz wireless devices, such as wireless keyboard and mouse adapters, may not work in close proximity to USB 3.0 devices or hubs. Connecting to a USB 2.0 port is recommended.
* Please read the User Manual carefully before use. Make sure that connect the product in the computer-off state.
* This drive only has screw holes on the side. If your case only has the screw holes for the bottom of the drive, this drive will not be screwed in.
* This Combo is powered by a 5V 4 pin power connector. Please confirm that your computer motherboard is equipped with a 4 pin power connector socket before purchasing.
* To properly insert a CF card, please ensure proper orientation by confirming that the side grooves are facing / aligned with the dock ridges. Then, gently push the card straight in toward the pins until the card is fully seated.
Top customer reviews
Here are some cautions. You need an extra older style 4 prong power supply cable from your power supply to plug into the device. It does not come with a splitter or adapter for this purpose, but they can be found for a couple of dollars. I downloaded the latest drivers from their web site and never used the supplied CD. I "ALWAYS "do this with every new device I install. Last, I always backup my entire drive with a Norton Ghost like program before doing any major changes such as this. In this case it was an unnecessary precaution because everything worked.
I had two minor issues. My old ECS mother board would not go past the POST boot screen after the original hardware installation. I have seen this happen before with new add on cards. I rebooted and then got to windows, but this time the PS2 keybord and mouse were unresponsive. I rebooted again and everything worked. I installed the drivers and presto! I now have USB 3.0, a multi card reader and my old USB 2.0 capability back. The issues I had could be flukes, but that is why I backup everything before making changes to my system.
This device breathed new life into a aging system so I could not be happier. I did not find any of the quality issues others have talked about and the PCI card fit perfectly.
Intel Core Duo 2.2 GHz
Mother Board - ECS 945GCT-M V3
BIOS 080012, 2/18/2008
Windows XP SP3
When I Booted up the Uspeed's Red Light came on. I then inserted a 4GB Class 4 SD Card- the Uspeed's Green Light came on; then, after it was recognized, a Phillips Vibe MP3 Player- til it was recognized; then my ATT USB Wireless Aircard- it too was recognized. AS YOU CAN SEE IN THE PHOTOS All three Devices were recognized together at the same time. Moreover, I could unplug/re-plug in any one device without affecting the others (Hot Swapping).
USB 3.0 performance is good too, so far I'm quite impressed! The build quality of this unit is excellent. It is heavy and all parts seem precision made. As such, if the Uspeed USB 3.0 Card Reader performs well with USB 3.0, I will be using it in many future builds. The Uspeed allows one to utilize less expensive Motherboards in one's Systems and still have USB 3.0 too; especially where it's needed- up front!- not in back where you can't get to it. SEE PHOTOS ABOVE, Cheers!
My system is an HP XW4400 with Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1. I have a Corsair 60 GB SSD OS drive and a WD 500 GB AV DATA drive. In addition, I have a QX6800 processor with 8 GB of RAM. I also have a Syba SD-PEX20122 2 Port USB 3.0 with 19 Pin Header PCI-E x1 Card, mounted in the PCI-E 1X slot. This device is mounted in a PCI-E 16X (4) slot. It shipped with a molex to SATA power cable which was a nice plus meaning I didn't need an additional power cable (although I ordered one in advance...Amazon, you should update your description). Kudos to the manufacturer for providing this cable. If you have molex only, you'll need a Y or separate molex power cable to power this unit. Make sure you get one long enough as this device sits pretty far forward in the floppy drive slot.
Mounting in the unused floppy drive slot on my tool less case was a complete PIA. Not because of the device, but because of HP's engineering of the front bezel. It finally dawned on me to remove the upper part of the Uspeed case (careful, the edges are SHARP!), which allowed me to flush mount the device by pushing it through the front of the bezel. Nice clean professional install and OEM look. And a nice tight fit. Inserting/removing USB flash drives doesn't move the device 1 mm.
Windows 7 found the drivers automatically but I got a BSOD when trying to connect my Buffalo USB 3.0 500 GB drive. I recommend downloading and installing the drivers for this device by going to:
ianker dot com/anker-uspeed-usb-3.0-hub-card-reader/product/68UPCOMBO-S3P6SU
That resolved my BSOD problem. Unfortunately, I didn't see any Windows 8 drivers, but other reviewers have stated that Windows 8 automatically installs the necessary drivers.
With the device and drivers installed, I decided to run CrystalDiskMark 3.0.2 using my Buffalo drive to compare read/write speeds between my Syba card and this device. The Buffalo drive is native USB 3.0 (including the cable). This is what blew me away. The read/write speeds using this device were HIGHER than the Syba card! (I'll upload my results as customer images).
The ONLY reason I don't give this item 5 stars is one very weird thing. When I plug my smartphone into the USB ports (a Milestone X by the way), it only gives me access to the contents of the phone using the CENTER USB port. When I plug any number of USB flash drives into any of the ports, I get access to the contents of the drives without fail. Weird, but acceptable and certainly not a deal breaker. I generally use the USB 2.0 ports on the front of my case for the smartphone anyway.
I have an older Nikon digital camera (D100) which uses CF cards. Yes, the CF slot is shallow but really folks, it works just fine. I recommend test fitting the card BEFORE you install into your case so you get a feel for how to properly mount. The CF card mounts upside down by the way. If you're bending the pins or otherwise damaging the device by inserting the card, I can't imagine how your wife/husband/girlfriend/boyfriend endures your touch. Be gentle folks. They'll appreciate it. So will this device.
My background: more than 20 years in the IT industry, small business owner, IT and imaging and printing technologies specialist. I can't speak for the device's longevity as I've only installed it this date. But for the price and functionality, this is a no brainer. Everything you need to give you multiple high speed media ports on the front of your case, 3 TRUE high speed USB 3.0 ports with power, at a very reasonable price, is included in the package. No, I don't work for the company, I just like this item. I think you will too.
If I find a problem at time progresses, I will report it and update this review.
Most recent customer reviews
1. the power socket's pins can get very loose.Read more