From the Back Cover
A complete digital video introduction to networking and the Internet.
Whatever your role in the technology industry, you need a clear understanding of the fundamentals of networking and the Internet. In this digital seminar, legendary author and consultant Uyless Black becomes your personal networking instructor, presenting 4 1/2 hours of outstanding digital video instruction that covers everything from the basics of digital data networks to sophisticated Internet addressing, routing, and name resolution. Based on Black's popular live seminar, this course brings together expert lectures, interactive Q&As, Web resources, and a complete companion workbook - all designed to help you master networking quickly and painlessly! Ideal for the busy professional who needs to come up to speed quickly on networking fundamentals.
A complete digital seminar: learn how networks and the Internet work!
Master key networking and Internet concepts through 4 1/2 hours of digital video lectures by top telecom consultant Uyless Black!
Test your knowledge with challenging assessment questions, all backed with straight-to-the-point answers and explanations!
Includes a Companion Web Site with even more practice questions and instant feedback!
Includes comprehensive Networking 101 workbook!
Bonus Workbook! These printed course materials come straight from Uyless Black's renowned live seminar! You'll find every course visual, additional Q&As, and extensive supplementary resources that provide in-depth insight into today's most important internetworking problems and solutions.
20 lectures cover the key building blocks of networks and the Internet!
- The Basics
- Machine and Human Communications
- Sending User Traffic on the Link
- The Modem and the Telephone Network
- Digital Networks
- Bit Rates and Broadband Systems
- Voice and Data: Why They Are Different
- Network Identifiers: Addresses
- Network Identifiers: Names
- Connecting to the Data Network
- Routing Traffic through the Network
- Backup and Route Discovery: Creating the Road Map
- The Internet and Internet Service Providers
- Network Identifiers: Domain Names
- Putting It Together
- Dialing into a Data Network (the Internet)
- The Web
- The Key Protocols
Raves for Uyless Black's live courses!
"Well worth the money, an excellent investment of time"
"Excellent structure, workbook, and summary"
"Exactly what I was looking for, a condensed overview of technologies and protocols"
This product is for:
- All nonengineer IT professionals: product managers, marketing specialists, sales representatives, help desk specialists, and many more
- Business decision makers who need to understand the fundamentals of networking and the Internet
- Entry-level professionals and students who want to jumpstart their careers in telecommunications or networking
Total Running Time:
- Over 4 1/2 Hours
About the Author
Uyless Black is a respected consultant and lecturer on networking, and author of all books in his Prentice Hall Series in Advanced Communications Technologies, including Voice Over IP, IP Routing Protocols, ATM: Foundations for Broadband Networks, and Emerging Communications Technologies. His previous video courses include IP Routing Protocols - The Complete Video Course, Internet Architecture and Protocols - The Complete Video Course, and IP Telephony Complete Video Course.