Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 204 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 298 reviews
This 3-DVD set captures the 1984 miniseries which was the sequel to the original V miniseries. Although I was a high school student during that time, I never watched the show during its first release. However, when my husband and I recently began following the V remake on network TV, he started reminiscing about the original show, so I purchased these DVD sets for him as a Christmas gift.

V - The Final Battle picks right up where the first miniseries left off. The Resistance is now in full swing, led by Mike (Marc Singer) and Julie (Faye Grant). In the second episode, they are joined by Tyler (Michael Ironside), Mike's former nemesis whom he must now trust. Together they believe that they might be able to find a weakness in the Visitors and possibly plan an attack that will save the Earth. While this is going on, there is also plenty of action amongst the Visitors themselves, with political intrigue and dissent amongst the ranks (something, incidentally, that is completely missing from the remake).

Given that this movie was made in the mid-80s and is now 25 years old, a bit of cheesiness is to be expected. However, I thought that the acting was weaker and the plot thinner than in the debut miniseries. Still, The Final Battle is an entertaining work that holds up surprisingly well over the year, and fans of the original series are unlikely to be disappointed.
on November 29, 2016
I saw this show when El Rey aired it last year or so and I told myself I would one day own it, dont be fooled by the crummy remake ABC (I think it was) turned out, the original is the best!!!

the only reason this isnt 5 stars is because the way the DVD's were done (two sided) could have been better.
on May 4, 2016
This gem of series came out in the early 80's but that doesn't detract from how great this show was for that time period.
It is a story about the human spirit and surviving under a terrible threat, this set is the finale of the movie min-series then continues in the T.V. series which is about 20 episodes long, its special effects are good for that time period and the story and acting for most part is better than the 2000's remake which could have been called anything else and would have been all right. the remake just had better effects but they lost the great story line and destroyed what the series was about. I believe they even made a Comic book series off this series, I could be wrong though.

So I highly recommend the entire series from beginning to end is worth the watching. I also recommend Alien Nation movie, Alien Nation T.V. series and Alien Nation T.V. movies
on May 25, 2012
"V - The Final Battle" or VTFB as it is otherwise known, is a three episode sequel to "V-The Original Series - Mankind's Last Stand" and VTFB wraps up a 5 episode run of the 1983 / 1984 production. There are subsequent TV mini-series that came after, but these two mentioned DVD sets are the culture phenomenon that is known by fans as "V" and still has a following of faithful viewers even three decades later.
This set has 2 DVD's, one DVD has an episode on each side, the other DVD in the "VTFB" set has only one episode (if you put it in your player upside down, nothing will load). This DVD set offers subtitles in English, François, Española, Portuguese, Chinese, Bahasa, Thai, & Korean. The first set has two episodes on alternate sides of one DVD, and this "Final Battle" set only uses three of the four available sides.
Of course the "V" original series DVD sets (3 ttl DVD's, 5 ttl episodes) leave the story open ended, but without spoiling the entire viewing experience here, I'll just say, that is how nearly ALL of the Sci-Fi genre stuff is released these days.
Interesting how many familiar faces are in this, since it is almost thirty years in the past. The "V" original series production (all 5 episodes) is pretty tame by today's standard, but was at first considered "too cerebral" by regular broadcasting TV studios. Still, it became a culture icon and is referred to in several subsequent films, literature, prime time TV shows, and small talk around the water cooler in today's workplace.
on June 22, 2017
I love this series but over half of the DVDs were damaged when I received it and I couldn't watch them. Disappointed about that. But the series is amazing!
on March 21, 2017
A classic Sci-Fi movie for any collection!!!
on May 26, 2011
Okay, yes. The original mini-series is sacred; it was brilliant. But Final Battle, though the writing and depth was not quite as refined as that of the original, was undeniably entertaining. Firstly, we get a continuation of Willie's (Englund) story, which, I admit, was the initial reason I started by now expansive V collection. The secondary story involving him and his girlfriend, Harmony, was endearing and a nice break from the other dramas and action-packed sequences.
Then we meet Ham Tyler, who looks and acts like the bastard child of Jack Nicholson and Hugo Weaving. I was completely in awe of this guy, and he was almost instantly by second favourite character, only a hairs-breadth below Willie.
As far as Sci-Fi goes, it's a great, entertaining series that I recommend with a passion. It's among the greats, like the first three Star Trek series, the original Dr. Who's, Space:1999, and the like.

Definitely check this series out, it's a must have for any Sci-Fi fan!
on March 21, 2017
I have been a fan of this show since i was a kid Saw the show on Tv now I own it.
on March 13, 2011
When I first saw the advertisements on bus stops, train stations, etc, I knew "V" would be a major event. At the time, I was too young to fully appreciate the meaning of it, but when it was put into syndication, I watched "V The Original Miniseries" and "V The Final Battle" over an entire week. I grew to appreciate both more and more. While Kenneth Johnson did not participate in "The Final Battle" the deep, intricate, and detailed characters were seemlessly weaved into the miniseries. The "V" miniseries was unusual because it has an unusually large cast of characters with speaking parts and important roles. You couldn't help but empathize with the "Fifth Column" and Julie and Donovan. Even though Johnson wasn't involved, "The Final Battle" held your attention and the climax was simply brilliant, along (in my opinion) with Dennis McCarthy's music simply captured the joy, even if the character of Elizabeth ("the Star Child") was a bit of a Deus ex Machina. 9/10 Stars.
on April 29, 2017