Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Vocal On-Ear Noise-Isolating..." and save 67% off the $230.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
4-Year Home AV Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Vocal On-Ear Noise-Isolating Metal Headphone, White Silver
- 40mm Dual-Diaphragm drivers (biggest in class, patent-pending). Connectivity Technology: Wired
- Compact on-ear, lightweight, steel construction
- Vibrant bass, vivid midst, vivacious highs
- BLISS noise isolation
- Exoskeleton hard case
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
V-MODA XS On-Ear Folding Design Noise-Isolating Metal Headphone (Matte Black Metal)
Monster iSport Freedom Wireless Bluetooth On-Ear Headphones - Green
V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Vocal On-Ear Noise-Isolating Metal Headphone (Shadow)
Sennheiser Momentum On-Ear Headphone - Black
Urbanears Hellas On-Ear Active Wireless Bluetooth Headphones, Trail (4091225)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Shop For Happy (Tax Free)||Amazon.com||TechConcepts||V-MODA Direct||MusicPark||Amazon.com|
|Color||White||Matte Black Metal||Green||Shadow||Black||Trail|
|Item Dimensions||3 x 7 x 9 in||3.5 x 5.5 x 6.5 in||3.75 x 6.75 x 10 in||3 x 7 x 9 in||8 x 3.25 x 9 in||5.91 x 3.03 x 5.87 in|
|Item Weight||1.5 lbs||0.04 ounces||—||1.5 lbs||1.5 ounces||4.44 ounces|
|Additional Features||lightweight, volume-control||foldable||volume-control||lightweight, volume-control||ios-phone-control, volume-control||Made for sports, Wireless|
Why M-80 Vocal?
- Trusted sound
- Military-level durability
- Ultra compact design
- Custom color & laser engraving
- Six star service
Tuned and trusted by V-MODA's golden ears, editors, audiophiles, producers, and DJs on the forums and around the globe. Our M-Class series has won a record number of awards and is used by the world's top DJs.
M-Class 40mm Dual-Diaphragm Drivers &ndash inner & outer rings deliver vibrant bass, vivid mids & vivacious highs without overlap
Passive Noise Isolation – cuts out noise
No Batteries or Processing – powerful clarity without two extra digital-to-analog conversions – toxins that pollute your music
Obsessive Quality Control – <2dB variance for strict sound consistency compared to most brands
Tested for durability using military-level MIL-STD-810 quality standards
- Kevlar-reinforced cable – 1+ million bends for cables & degree strain relief (100x industry standard)
- Concrete Drop – up to 60 drops from 1.5m onto concrete
- SteelFlex Headband – up to 10 flat bends
- Environmental Weather – survives severe high/low temperatures, humidity, salt spray & UV rays
53% smaller than its over-ear siblings, small enough to make you think twice before grabbing your in-ears
- Exoskeleton Case – store your headphones and gear in the compact hard carry case
- Carabiner – clips inside or outside your bag
- Hear, There, Everywear – perfect for commuting, travel, gym, office, or mobile music production
- V-STRAP System – easy to organize your cables, USB Flash Drive and Faders VIP tuned earplugs
Custom Color & Laser-Engraving (option)
Strut in stealth-mode, match your outfit, or stand out from the crowd. Endorse yourself.
- Metal Shields – 10+ colors to remix your style
- Laser-Engraver – choose a design or your own logo
Make the Call, Share the Music
- SpeakEasy Mic Cable – tuned for voice recognition & calls in noisy places; control works with all 3.5 mm smartphones & tables including Apple, Android, Kindle, Windows & Blackberry
- Optional BoomPro – a professional grade boom mic for gaming/Skype/Voice
Six Star Service
Our Six Star concierge service goes above and beyond your expectations. V-MODA is founded upon customer quality, not quarterly earnings.
- 2-Year Premier Warranty – more than double industry average
- Immortal Life Program – have no fear to use your headphones anywhere, with the V-MODA Immortal Life Program you get 50% off a replacement even if they are run over by a tank
- 60 Day Test Drive – V-MODA is so confident the M-80 Vocal is a superior headphone, you have an unrivaled 60 day test drive guaranteed
- Type – on-ear supra-aural
- Driver – 40mm Dual-Diaphragm High-Fidelity (patent pending)
- Frequency Response – 5 - 30 kHz
- Sensitivity – 105dB @ 1kHz 1mW
- Microphone Sensitivity – - -42dB @ 1kHz
- Impedance – 28.5Q
- Weight – 195g (headphone only)
- Plug – 24k gold-plated 3.5 mm (1/8") stereo, 45 degree strain relief
- M-80 Vocal headphones
- M-80 Vocal Exoskeleton hard carry case
- Kevlar reinforced SpeakEasy Microphone control cable
- V-MODA's Six Star service
- V-MODA sticker
Which One is Right for You?
|XS||M-80 Vocal||Crossfade M-100||Crossfade LP2||Crossfade LP|
|Available colors||White Silver |
|White Silver |
|Matte Black||Nero |
|Sound Signature||M-Class "Modern Audiophile"||M-Class "Modern Audiophile"||M-Class "Modern Audiophile"||LP-Class "Live Play"||LP-Class "Live Play"|
|Character||balanced, precision bass, vivid mids, crystal clear ultra wide highs, 3D sound stage||balanced, precision bass, vivid mids, crystal clear highs, 3D sound stage||audiophile balanced, precision bass, vivid mids, crystal clear ultra wide highs, 3D sound stage||refined vibrant bass, vivid mids, vivacious highs, 3D sound stage||vibrant bass, vivid mids, vivacious highs, 3D sound stage|
|Driver||M-Class Dual-Diaphragm 40mm||M-Class Dual-Diaphragm 40mm||M-100 Dual-Diaphragm 50mm||LP2 Dual-Diaphragm 50mm||LP Dual Diaphragm 50mm|
|Passive Noise Isolation||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|CoilPro Compatible (Not Included)||✓|
|BoomPro Compatible (Not Included)||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Kevlar Reinforced Cables||1-Button SpeakEasy mic cable||1-Button SpeakEasy mic cable||1-Button SpeakEasy mic cable |
SharePlay audio cable
|3-Button mic cable |
Extended Audio cable
|3-Button mic cable |
Audio only cable
|Customization||reveal shield kit||reveal shield kit||reveal shield kit||Gunmetal shields included |
reveal shield kit
|reveal shield kit|
|Custom Shields||BoomPro Microphone||Vamp Verza|
|Black||Matte Black |
|Features||laser engrave your logo or change your shield color||SteelFlex boom mic for gaming, communication, Skype & podcast recording||Headphone amp - DAC - Battery pack|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. The LP2s have a better sound stage. When I close my eyes I can see where everyone was standing as if it was a live performance and I had center stage seats. The piano, triangle and bells in one song were clearly to the right of center. The drums that were being played by hand were too the left as was the base guitar. The main percussion, lead singer and other guitars were more to the middle. You could get this definition on the smaller ones but not as clearly.
2. The high sounds were crisper and more clearly defined on the larger LP2s. The overall sound was more round or full. All the sounds are a bit muddy on the smaller M80s. I am not an audiophile, the best way I can describe it was like when you had an old 8 track that had been playing so much that the tape was stretched and the sounds were blurred.
3. The LP2s have a great build as do the M80s. Just by virtue of the larger size the LP2s felt like they would handle a bit more abuse. Both have great hard cases, two separate cords, one of which has an in line microphone with the ability to pause, start, forward and reverse the track. I particularly like that they detach from the headphones and can be replaced as I have found this is the part I wreck on cheap ones first, they get loose after a while of pulling them out of the device. Or in my case cut apart while pruning the roses!
4. The LP2s are comfortable, but for heat after awhile if you are active while wearing. With them you can purchase memory foam pads for around 20.00 if you want, but memory foam pads are not made for the smaller on ear M80s. I have a big head. If you measure around my head at the top of my ears and over my eye brows, the circumference is 22.5 inches. I have had the smaller over ear set on for only a few hours straight so far and while they are maybe a bit tighter, they are still comfortable. The top of the headbands are roughly the same until you get close to where the earpieces attach. The on ear go in further but I would think they have to do so in order to stay on well. The smaller ones also got hot when walking my dogs briskly, but not as much as the over ear set. If you find your headphones are too tight I think measuring around your head on the eye brows and over the ears would be easier to understand if you do a review. I don't know my hat size so I couldn't get a comparison from the reviewers who provided that information. I expect ear sensitivity plays a part hear also.
5. The LP2s come with a set of extra shields and the M80s don't. Both have different colored shields available for purchase.
6. If you put your headphones around your neck when not in use, you have to be part swan to do that comfortably with the bigger ones. The smaller ones are still bigger than what most people would think are portable so I wouldn't want them around my neck all the time.
7. Both pairs have excellent 2 year warranties and the promise to give you 50 percent off a new set if you are the cause of the damage.
8. If sound is most important than the LP2s win, if portability is most important than the M80s are for you. I still don't know which set to pick and I really appreciate the manufacturer giving me 60 days to decide, although I expect to wait a week to compare. In truth I would like to keep both. I purchased the smaller on ear ones in white which will be way cooler to wear in the summer but l like the sound on the over ear ones better.
9. Neither set artificially emphasize the bass, thank heavens!
I will edit the review as I listen to both sets more.
10. If you are really using these while you exercise and you jerk your head the M80s will shift and may come off. At the minimum you will have to fiddle with them to get them in the best place on the ear. That didn't happen with the bigger ones (but than you have hotter ears to contend with). I am wondering if I can't make a terrycloth cover, something like a headband, to collect sweat while working out. With a few on hand, I could change them out when they get too damp just like I do with the headband. With some thin elastic and an old towel, I think it could be done cheaply.
11. I can tell no difference between the quality of sound when listening to audio books.
TL;DR I am absolutely thrilled with this purchase, I would recommend it for anyone looking for a pair of headphones that is small and portable, comes with a replaceable cord, and that actually cares about the sound quality of their music.
Weight/quality of build
Must be full retracted to fit in supplied hard case
Won't get the best from a low quality output (hardly a con but something to think about)
May be too small for some people
These come beautifully packaged and with a hard carrying case that has some cord management for storing extra cables, and a carabiner clip that can be put through a loop on the case so you can attach the case to a backpack,etc.
These are a nice looking pair of headphones and have a surprising amount of heft to them compared to their relatively small size. I wouldn't say this is a bulky or uncomfortable weight when carrying or wearing them, it more just makes the build quality feel excellent. I'm confident dropping them once isn't going to snap these puppies. The size is honestly just what I was looking for in this particular pair. Something that fits around my neck easily, doesn't cover my ears or make me sweat. I can wear them for hours comfortably and forget they are there.
I am a bigger guy and when these are fully extended they are almost the perfect size for my ears. This does cause some concern that these probably aren't going to fit real great for someone with a larger head. As with any on or in ear I've experienced having a good fit is very important to sound quality. The only cons I have found on the design is that the headphones need to be fully retracted in order to properly fit in the supplied case.
Speaking of sound quality I am surprised that some of the Amazon reviewers are having negative things to say here. I'll admit that when first plugging them I was a little... underwhelmed but through trial and error I have found out a few things. The first thing I found out is that if you can get them a source with enough power these headphones sound as good or better than anything I've put on my ears. I've never had headphones of a high enough quality to hear this distinction so clearly before. My initial thoughts on the headphones were blown away when plugging them into higher quality output sources.
I am going to say this again because it is very important...WHAT THEY ARE PLUGGED INTO MATTERS. I am by no means an audiophile but listening to good sounding music is one of my favorite things to do... with that in mind I first plugged them into my LG G3 phone first and I was underwhelmed. Come to find out this wasn't an uncommon problem, while the DAC on the G3 is good the amp has a problem pushing out high volume to high end headphones if you are used to listening to hard hitting music loudly. I plugged them into my old iPod touch and listened to the same songs and I could immediately tell a difference. It was louder, clearer, the bass hit harder, the vocals were clearer. I decided to step it up a notch and try them out with the headphone jack of my Sony home theater system and crank up some music videos from youtube on my Roku... and I was blown away. Through this output the bass, mids, and highs were all extremely clear, loud and well defined. Some subtle tweaking with the EQ levels and I could close my eyes and imagine I was rocking out in my top of the line car sound system.
When it comes to headphones I would say the most difficult thing to do is find a pair that the low end is loud, defined, and hard hitting without going over into that muddy zone that just sounds awful. Out of the box these do it extremely well. My musical tastes are quite odd and I listen to everything from Heavy Metal to Pop to Rap to Classical. I have been putting these phones through their paces with my iPod and I have been trying very hard to find a sound quality fault with them. I just can't find it. The vocals are clear and the bass is loud and hard hitting without overpowering the mids whether it be Classical piano, the loud bass-y electrical beats of pop and rap, or the hard hitting bass drum/bass guitar on heavy metal songs. I hear the bass loudly and clearly but I don't feel that it is overpowering any other sounds. It doesn't get muddy and I can hear every thumping beat of the bass drum on those hard running double foot pedal songs. Nothing gets lost.
The mids don't necessarily shine, then again in my audio systems I never really tweak them to. When it comes to mids I like them to be right there in the background without getting overpowered by the highs and lows and getting lost. These headphones do an excellent job of that I can hear every beat but the lows and highs really stand out over your mids without letting the mids get lost in the backround.
The highs are very clear, although this isn't really a rare thing for headphones. This is most obvious for me when listening to classical piano and you can really define and hear the distinct difference between all the high, mid, and low notes. The highs are very clear and sharp. High vocals sound great and again I really close my eyes and just have had a hard time trying to find a fault or a note that sounds bad with these cans.
I also made the decision to put in an order for a portable battery powered DAC/Headphone Amplifier combo here on amazon to pair with my phone and see what difference it makes in sound quality. I will update this review when it arrives and I can put them through their paces as well as updating on whether or not the 6 foot cord I ordered makes any difference in sound quality.
Audio: these sound as good as cans that run twice their price or better. Isolation is good, highs are there but not shrill, mids are clear, and lows are surprisingly robust for a relatively cheap pair of on-ear headphones.
Quality: these are very well built, come with a great case, have a replaceable cord, and, after three months of daily use, look new.
Appearance: look at them - they're beautiful.
Comfort: they can be a bit tight on large heads like mine, but not uncomfortable, and the pads are excellent.
Overall: I don't think headphones that are better overall than these can be found in this price range, barring one-day sales and the like, which might get some good ones down to within $20 or so of the daily price of these.