Lyft Industrial Deals Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Ricky Martin All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

V-MODA Crossfade Over-Ear Headphone Metal Shield Kit (Gold)
Color: Gold|Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Change

on February 7, 2017
Customization is a big part of the V-moda experience. They know it. It's one of their biggest selling points. So they sell these custom plates to help you change the look of your headphones. So I bought them with the hope of changing the look of my own M100s. They arrived, I pull them out and one of them is covered in a protective plastic wrap, but the other isn't. OK. Bag of screws is woefully inadequate - only includes 4 screws. So I assume they want you to keep the ones that came with the headphones. Fine. I then go through my toolbox looking for a hex tool that fits their screws. I have a ton of them, but none fit. Oh well, I think, I'll just use the tiny little uncomfortable hex tool they included. It fits. But guess what? Whatever machine was used to screw the original plates in did so at an angle on a few of the screws and no amount of turning the included tool will budge them. Instead the tool strips the screws rendering the entire process a disaster. V-moda, if you make one of the biggest selling points about your headphones the customization, MAKE DAMN SURE YOUR CUSTOMERS CAN EASILY CUSTOMIZE THEM!

And here's the best(lol worst) thing - they sell you these by showing you the wings and the plates, but then you get them and the back of the box mocks you by basically saying if you have the M100s, you're screwed, but hey you can use the wings as guitar picks. Yep, half of the mod is useless to the audience of consumers that bought V-Moda's most popular headphones. I couldnt box this up fast enough and return it for a full refund to Amazon. And the more I thought about the whole situation, the madder I got. So mad that I also decided I'm done with V-moda altogether and I returned my M100s for a full refund as well.
but they are gorgeous! I splurged on a pair of the Limited Edition Crossfades in Phantom Chrome. I practically live with them on my head. Thing is, the chrome shields become fingerprint central, as chrome tends too. Drives me bonkers. So, I bought these in the midnight blue thinking that they'd be matte because that's what the picture looks like, to me at least. However, they aren't. They are a shiny blue CHROME. At first I just set them aside, thinking if I ever scratched up the silver chrome shields, I'd swap them out. Then...I decided to put them on, just to see how it looks. GORGEOUS!! Love it! So now I keep the silver phantom chrome shields in the little bag these came in, and will swap them out should I be stupid enough to scratch up these blue beauties.
So if you're looking for the matte ones, be sure to scroll the color choices all the way down to the right ones. If you want deep, dark but shiny, rich blue shields, you'll love these as I do.
on March 25, 2015
Looks great. Easy to install.

Does NOT come with color matching screws. Only comes with 4 screws (2 silver, 2 black)

NOTE: The little wing plates that come with this are not for the M100 model headphones. The M100 do not use the smaller headband plates, the other models do.
on March 11, 2017
Came with defects all over the metal. Looks horrible. Also ruined all my black screws. And their tool they sent worked on one of the screws.
on May 15, 2016
So these came in and were given as a gift. Unfortunately they were bought for the crossfade M-100 and although the shields fit the smaller shields that go on over the shield do not work for those headphones which was a drag. so my husband had to keep the red stock shield on and they looked ridiculous with the new blue shields so we just took them off. The product wasn't bad but the fact that they really don't work with my husbands type I am giving them 2 stars. Would have been great to know that ahead of time, then i would not have ordered that color in the first place.
on February 10, 2016
The shields look great but the V shaped wings do not fit. My phones are definitely M-100's, but where the wings SHOULD attach there are only attachment screws on the back side and even then the holes don't line up. The wings look like they may fit LP-2. It should state as much in the description...
on May 30, 2015
This was a bit pricy, but I loved the look of my headphones now. The headphones originally came with a ugly silver shield. My friends and girlfriend liked how it looked, but I definitely preferred a low-profile matte color. In hindsight, I could have easily painted the shield myself. Yet, with my busy schedule and lack of patience, I'd much rather pay the premium for a well-done piece. It did take some time to unscrew the old shield and screw the new one it, but that's simple work that any one could do. They provide everything you need.
on October 14, 2017
Great plates and exact color as shown.

My issue is that the smaller plates do not fix on the M-100 like it says it does.
on October 7, 2017
These fit great, and I love how the box said to use the extra pieces with the three screws as guitar picks. Those "picks" Do work, as I am a guitarist. Shields fit perfect.
on January 25, 2014
(Sun Orange Color) The pieces arrived on time and are the color shown in the picture. I didn't have any of the problems with scratched pieces as other people have, but I did have the odd problem that 3 of the screws on my headset were slightly bigger than the rest. Not really a problem with the shields, but i didn't realize the problem until I was nearly done changing my stock ones for my orange covers. After about 30 min of messing with it, I went through 4 of the same size wrenches until one was slightly bigger (but still marked the same size) that worked. If you don't have weird screws like me, these should only take about 10 minutes to install, but if you do, it's going to be a pain.