Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "V-MODA Crossfade LP2 Vocal Limited Edition Over-Ea..." and save 47% off the $199.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
4-Year Home AV Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
V-MODA Crossfade LP2 Vocal Limited Edition Over-Ear Noise-Isolating Metal Headphone (Matte Black)
- 50mm Dual-Diaphragm Drivers - inner & outer rings deliver vibrant bass, vivid mids & vivacious highs without overlap.Connectivity Technology: Wired
- Passive Noise Isolation - cuts out noise
- No Batteries or Processing - powerful clarity without two extra digital-to-analog conversions - toxins that pollute your music
- Obsessive Quality Control - <2dB variance for strict sound consistency compared to most brands
- Kevlar-reinforced Cable - 1+ million bends for cables & 45 degree strain relief (100x industry standard)
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Finest Sound Developed by Musicians and Travelers.
Over-Ear. Personaliz3D Headphones.
"The finest set of over-ear headphones I’ve tested at this point for the price point." - Slashgear
Headphones are essential tools for mobile producers and musicians who require unparalleled performance delivered reliably, night in and night out.
Crossfade LP2 have been designed to deliver professional sound yet withstand even the rigorous needs of globetrotting travelers.
Why Crossfade LP2?
- Trusted Sound
- Unrivaled Durability
- Comfort, Customization & Style
- Detachable Microphone & Audio Cables
1) 50mm Dual-Diaphragm Drivers — Inner & outer rings deliver vibrant bass, vivid mids & vivacious highs without overlap.
Passive Noise Isolation — cuts out noise.
2) No Batteries or Processing — Powerful clarity without two extra digital-to-analog conversions - toxins that pollute your music.
3) Obsessive Quality Control — <2dB variance for strict sound consistency compared to most brands.
Supreme Comfort + Convenience
1) 4+ Years of Ergonomic R&D —Resulted in an ergonomic headband and hexagon shape that minimizes the force on your head and ears.
2) Supple BLISS Memory Foam Cushions — Naturally forms to your ears to provide ergonomic comfort and noise isolation.
3) Form-Fitting Case — Store your headphones and gear in the included hard-shell case.
4) Exoskeleton V-STRAP — Organize included cables and 1/4" adapter via the V-STRAP system inside the exoskeleton case, with extra room left over for your USB Flash Drive & Faders earplugs.
Tested for durability using military-level MIL-STD-810 quality standards.
1) Ultra-reinforced Cable — 1+ million bends for cables & 45 degree strain relief (100x industry standard).
2) Concrete Drop — up to 60 drops from 1.5m onto concrete.
3) SteelFlex Headband — up to 10 flat bends.
4) Environmental Weather — survives severe high/low temperatures, humidity, salt spray & UV rays.
Style + Versatility
Strut in stealth mode, match your outfit or stand out from the crowd. Endorse yourself.
1) Optional Custom Shield Kits — 3D print or laser engrave your logo, change your shield material and color.
2) SpeakEasy 1-Button Mic Cable — Specially tuned for voice recognition and calls in the noisiest environments, the button control universally works with all 3.5mm smartphones and tablets including Apple, Android, Windows, Kindle and Blackberry.
Premier Warranty & Press Reviews
- Crossfade LP2
- Gunmetal shield kit with extra screws & screwdriver
- Exoskeleton case
- Carabiner clip
- Durable reinforced SpeakEasy 1-Button microphone cable
- Durable reinforced extended audio cable
- 1/4" adapter
- Six-Star Service
Type: Over-Ear Circumaural.
Frequency Response: 5 - 30,000 Hz.
Sensitivity: 105 dB @ 1kHz 1mW.
Microphone Sensitivity: -42dB @ 1kHz.
Impedance: 32 Ω.
Premier 2-Year Warranty + Immortal Life Program
Each Crossfade LP2 purchased from a Verified Reseller is backed by a 2-Year V-MODA Premier Warranty.
The unique V-MODA Immortal Life Program gives you 50% off a replacement product for a lifetime.
"The finest set of over-ear headphones I’ve tested at this point for the price point." - Slashgear.
"Ultimate versatile and multipurpose headphone, Crossfade LP2 is made for people on the move at the gym or on the stage."- E!
"The V-MODA Crossfade LP2 headphones are stylish and solidly built." -Best Products.
"Championed by DJs and general music devotees the Crossfade LP2 sound delightful across the whole frequency range, the bass is full and punchy, tight mids and crisp top end make for a phone that sounds amazing." -DJ Mag.
Crossfade 2 Wireless
|Type||Over-Ear||On-Ear||Over-Ear||Over-Ear Bluetooth||Over-Ear Bluetooth|
|Driver||LP2 Dual Diaphragm 50mm||M-Class Dual Diaphragm 40mm||M-100 Dual Diaphragm 50mm||Refined M-100 Dual Diaphragm 50mm||Crossfade 2 Dual Diaphragm 50mm ft. CCAW Japanese coil|
|Durable & Reinforced Cables||1-Button SpeakEasy Mic cable + Extended Audio Cable||1-Button SpeakEasy Mic cable||1-Button SpeakEasy Mic cable + SharePlay Audio Cable||1-Button SpeakEasy Mic cable||1-Button SpeakEasy Mic cable|
|3D Printed & Laser-Engraved Shields||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Warranty||2-Year + Immortal Life Program||2-Year + Immortal Life Program||2-Year + Immortal Life Program||1-Year + Immortal Life Program||1-Year + Immortal Life Program|
Compare with similar items
V-MODA Crossfade Wireless Over-Ear Headphone - Gunmetal Black
V-MODA Crossfade LP2 Limited Edition Over-Ear Noise-Isolating Metal Headphone (Matte Black) (OLD MODEL) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
V-MODA Crossfade M-100 Over-Ear Noise-Isolating Metal Headphone (Matte Black Metal)
Sony Mdr-xb950/b Extra Bass Headphone (Black)
V-MODA Crossfade LP Over-Ear Noise-Isolating Metal Headphone (White Pearl)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Discount Techie (No Tax in USA Except WA)||Kaleidoscope Electronics||Amazon.com||World Link Japan||sunnytechsale|
|Color||Matte Black||Gunmetal Black||Black||Matte Black Metal||Black||Pearl White|
|Item Dimensions||4.4 x 7.1 x 9.4 in||11 x 8.5 x 3 in||4.4 x 7.13 x 9.45 in||7.04 x 4.5 x 9.5 in||—||9.45 x 7.13 x 4.4 in|
|Item Weight||1.8 ounces||0.65 lb||—||0.62 lb||0.54 lb||1.8 lbs|
|Additional Features||volume-control||wireless, noise-isolation||universal-phone-control||foldable||tangle-free-cord||lightweight|
Why LP2 Vocal?
- Trusted Sound
- Military-Level Quality
- Custom Color & Laser Engraving
- Portable Exoskeleton Case
- Six Star Service
The Crossfade series was master crafted by the people — over 200 audiophiles, editors, artists, DJs and Grammy-winning musicians collaborated for years on the tuning and features of the line.
- 50mm Dual-Diaphragm Drivers — inner & outer rings deliver vibrant bass, vivid mids & vivacious highs without overlap
- Passive Noise Isolation — cuts out noise
- No Batteries or Processing — powerful clarity without two extra digital-to-analog conversions - toxins that pollute your music
- Obsessive Quality Control — <2dB variance for strict sound consistency compared to most brands
Tested for durability using military-level MIL-STD-810 quality standards.
- Kevlar-reinforced Cable — 1+ million bends for cables & 45 degree strain relief (100x industry standard)
- Concrete Drop — up to 60 drops from 1.5m onto concrete
- SteelFlex Headband — up to 10 flat bends
- Environmental Weather — survives severe high/low temperatures, humidity, saltspray & UV rays
Custom Color & Laser-Engraving (Optional)
Strut in stealthmode, match your outfit or stand out from the crowd.Endorse yourself.
- Metal Shields — 10+ colors to remix your style
- LaserEngraving — choose a design or your own logo
Portable Exoskeleton Case
- Exoskeleton Case — store your headphones and gear in the compact hard carry case
- Carabiner — clips inside or outside your bag
- Hear, There, Everywear — versatility perfect for commuting, travel, gym, gaming, office, DJ booth or virtually anywhere
- VSTRAP System — easy to organize your cables, 1/4" adapter, USB Flash Drive and Faders VIP tuned earplugs
Make the Call, Share the Music
- SpeakEasy Mic Cable — tuned for voice recognition & calls in noisy places; control works with all 3.5mm smartphones & tablets including Apple, Android, Kindle, Windows & Blackberry
- Universal Audio Cable — extended length audio-only cable and 1/4" adapter are universally compatible with all audio devices and professional equipment
- Optional BoomPro — a professional-grade boom mic for gaming/Skype/Voice
Six Star Service
Our Six Star concierge service goes above and beyond your expectations. V-MODA is founded upon customer quality, not quarterly earnings.
- 2-Year Premier Warranty — more than double industry average
- Immortal Life Program — have no fear to use your headphones anywhere, with the V-MODA Immortal Life Program you get 50% off a replacement even if they are run over by a tank
- 60 Day Test Drive — V-MODA is so confident the LP2 Vocal is a superior headphone, you have an unrivaled 60 day test drive guarantee
- Type — over-ear circum-aural
- Drivers — 50mm Dual-Diaphragm High-Fidelity
- Frequency Response — 5 - 30 kHz
- Sensitivity — 105dB @ 1kHz 1mW
- Microphone Sensitivity — 42dB @ 1kHz
- Impedance — 32Q
- Weight — 260g (headphone only)
- Plug — 24k gold-plated 3.5mm (1/8") stereo, 45 degree strain relief, 1/4" gold-plated adapter
- LP2 Vocal headphones
- LP2 Vocal exoskeleton hard carry case
- Gunmetal shield kit
- Kevlar reinforced SpeakEasy microphone control cable
- Kevlar reinforced extended audio cable
- 1/4" adapter
- V-MODA's Six Star service
- VMODA Sticker
Which One Is for You?
|Headphones||XS||M-80 Vocal||Crossfade M-100||Crossfade LP2||Crossfade LP|
|Available colors||White Silver |
|White Silver |
|Matte Black||Nero |
|Sound Signature||M-Class "Modern Audiophile"||M-Class "Modern Audiophile"||M-Class "Modern Audiophile"||LP-Class "Live Play"||LP-Class "Live Play"|
|Character||balanced, precision bass, vivid mids, crystal clear ultra wide highs, 3D sound stage||balanced, precision bass, vivid mids, crystal clear highs, 3D sound stage||audiophile balanced, precision bass, vivid mids, crystal clear ultra wide highs, 3D sound stage||refined vibrant bass, vivid mids, vivacious highs, 3D sound stage||vibrant bass, vivid mids, vivacious highs, 3D sound stage|
|Driver||M-Class Dual-Diaphragm 40mm||M-Class Dual-Diaphragm 40mm||M-100 Dual-Diaphragm 50mm||LP2 Dual-Diaphragm 50mm||LP Dual Diaphragm 50mm|
|Passive Noise Isolation||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|CoilPro Compatible (Not Included)||✓|
|BoomPro Compatible (Not Included)||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Kevlar Reinforced Cables||1-Button SpeakEasy mic cable||1-Button SpeakEasy mic cable||1-Button SpeakEasy mic cable |
SharePlay audio cable
|3-Button mic cable |
Extended Audio cable
|3-Button mic cable |
Audio only cable
|Customization||reveal shield kit||reveal shield kit||reveal shield kit||Gunmetal shields included |
reveal shield kit
|reveal shield kit|
|Custom Shields||BoomPro Microphone||Vamp Verza|
|Black||Matte Black |
|Features||laser engrave your logo or change your shield color||SteelFlex boom mic for gaming, communication, Skype & podcast recording||Headphone amp - DAC - Battery pack|
- Universal 1-button remote works with all Android, Apple, Windows and high-fidelity sources
- SpeakEasy microphone for enhanced voice clarity and reduced "microphonics" cable noise
- Lower controls for accessibility
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I am not a highly respected audio engineer, conversely I am merely a simple man that has spent 25+ years in an exhaustively expensive quest for great sound. For starters let me share some of my favorite bands that I used to evaluate these cans. I frequently listen to hard-rock bands such as Judas Priest, Godsmack, and Dream Theater to the more subdued Mark Knopfler, Adele and David Gilmore to electronica/techo of Depeche Mode, Madonna and Christina Aguilera. If you like this type of music, like it loud with bass, then...read on and buy these headphones.
Merriam-Webster defines Discriminate as: to notice and understand that one thing is different from another thing: to recognize a difference between things.
It bothers me when people do not discriminate especially when it comes to something as important as music. Unfortunately, in the past I too have failed to discriminate when selecting/purchasing audio gear. I have fallen victim to ostentatious product reviews and have allowed myself to be persuaded into believing that some products are perfect for all music. The old adage, you get what you pay for, is mostly true but the notion that a high price tag equals good sound quality can vary greatly with headphones and speakers, simply because musical taste varies greatly and headphone manufacturers cannot design a product for all tastes. I have owned at least a dozen pair of headphones over the years to include all the big label brands such as Sennheiser, Grado, AKG, Bose, Koss and Beyerdynamic. They were all great headphones, but they just did not perform to my tastes.
“V-MODA Crossfade LP2’s recreates the front row rock concert experience with deafening power and low end frequency response”
The standard goal of any speaker or headphone is to produce a flat frequency response, V-MODA’s produce a standard loudness contour which is something I try to replicate via tone controls or equalizer settings on my home audio equipment. These are not headphones for studio recording/mixing, instead the frequency response favors a very human-centric appeal. That said these cans will provide a new level of enjoyment and appreciation for your music collection. I typically do not play music at excessive levels but as a test I really pushed these headphones with my Denon home audio pre-amp and then amplified through a FiiO A-3 headphone amp (great addition-more on that later). These headphones cannot be overwhelmed when played through a clean source. I have worn these headphones while physically mowing the lawn and been magically transported to the front row of a Volbeat concert. V-MODA Crossfade LP2’s recreates the front row rock concert experience with deafening power and low end frequency response.
“The isolation is so complete and sound quality so amazing you will lose yourself in an another dimension”
Isolation is the key to great sounding audio and something the engineers at V-MODA have accomplished. V-MODA’s have a closed ear design which eliminates most external noise and distractions, in fact the isolation is so complete and sound quality so amazing you will lose yourself in an another dimension and become enveloped in the music. My family doesn’t share the same love for rock music as I do and rarely allows me to play my speakers to the level I enjoy which was why I have been on a quest to find headphones that can produce high volume levels, excellent sound quality and not wake the neighbors with my late night music sessions. The V-MODA’s come about as close to inner ear bud sound quality as it gets but with the ability to produce an incredible amount of distortion-less low end that can be felt.
I will also provide a brief warning that should be heeded when listening to these headphones; I have enjoyed these headphones early in the morning while reading email and have been quite startled when my wife taps me on the shoulder. Additionally, I would encourage new users to break-in your headphones. Headphones and speakers all benefit from “burn-in” where music is played continuously for >20 hours. With headphones this is easy to achieve, simply plug them into a source and continuously play music at a moderate level. You will find the bass extension and sound quality smoother and more responsive.
One complaint I have had with other high-end headphones is the deceptive appearance of quality manufacturing concealed in flimsy plastic construction or cheap construction concealed by the addition of external fashion accoutrements. I have the simplistic expectation that headphones costing >$100 should be well engineered, comfortable, durable and faithfully reproduce music. I understand the need to make headphones light and comfortable but it should not be purely with the goal of weigh savings thereby sacrificing durability. V-MODA has produced an incredibly well designed headphone with an aluminum padded headband, solid swivels and leather coverings.
Even with the noticeable mass of these headphones they do not feel heavy. The aluminum headband keeps the headphones in place with a gentle snug fit. Typically closed ear headphones can be hot and exhausting especially after extended wear. At no time did I find these headphones uncomfortable even after 3+ hours of listening. That said I did opt for the XL ear pads which provides more room for your ears to fit inside the headphone without being compressed which may have something to do with the comfort I have experienced. Then again there are definitely gym headphones.
“You probably won’t see V-MODA headphones around the neck of your favorite basketball player…”
Another thing that has taken hold of the headphone market is this crazy notion that in order to be an amazing athlete you must have a pair of fashionable headphones around your neck, CRAZY! You probably won’t see V-MODA headphones around the neck of your favorite basketball player because you are not paying for the marketing, you are paying for quality. That being said V-MOTA’s are still highly customizable with interchangeable outer shells in a variety of colors.
I put the included gun metal plates on to see how they looked and chose to keep the subdued flat black covers on. I prefer the purposeful industrial look of this product as if V-MODA owes its design cues to the stealth aircraft industry. Furthermore, the V-MOTA’s are not overly large or distracting looking. Unlike some of headphones on the market that are insanely large with enormous pillows over each ear, if I saw someone wearing these at the airport I would not give them a second look.
The V-MODA Crossfade LP2’s includes an impressive hard shell case, two removable Kevlar wrapped cords; one 6’ cord, a 4’ cord with a microphone/mute controls and a 1/8”-1/4” adapter. You also get 2 extra gun metal outer shell covers.
I am not a fan of the included cords and opted for a shorter 3.5mm Auxiliary Audio Flat Cable with a 90 Degree Right Angle Compatible which works great for walking around with an iPod in your pocket. Additionally, I purchased a FiiO A-3 headphone amp and FiiO L9 L-Shaped Line Out Dock (LOD) Cable For iPod which makes a huge difference in the sound quality. The Crossfade LP2’s will play just fine through iPhones and iPods just not very loud. The amplifier increases the sound pressure and low end without having to push the solo iPod to the maximum limit which adds distortion and reduces battery life. The combination is a bit bulky but manageable. Clearly users of these headphones are not looking for super small portability and space savings, focusing more on sound quality I would hope?!
There are a lot of headphones to choose from on the market and while there are some excellent highly marketed brands out there I would caution would-be buyers from buying purely on name, price or personal recommendation from anyone that likes different music than you. The V-MODA Crossfade LP2’s are not what I would consider an overly expensive investment for the tremendous return in sound quality. It would be difficult to find headphones anywhere that offer the level of customizability or durability found in the V-MODA Crossfade LP2. These are headphones that are built for portable high-end audio and truly transform with the addition of a headphone amplifier. Last, if you are looking for a pair of cans to rediscover your hard rock, dance or electronica/techno collection, look no further. In my opinion the V-MODA Crossfade LP2 are the best headphones for the money on the market today. Strap them on and disappear into a color saturated realm of blissful musical reproduction.
First to give you some context, I have tested and listened to many, many different wired headphones such as: ATH-M50's, Bose, Beyerdynamic DT 990, Sennheiser HD 598, Sony MDR10R/MDR1R and so on. So I have a real good idea of what you generally get sound, comfort and feature wise at different price points.
For the money, these V-MODA's are an incredible value!
In my video review you'll see me talk about:
1. Sound Quality
3. Who these are best suited for
4. Durability & Build Quality
If you want to hear me go into more detail about the sound quality, see an unboxing and hear a live sound leak test then refer to my original YouTube video as I wasn't able to keep the full length here.
These are the perfect all-purpose pair of wired headphones, particularly for those who love bass. They have a distinctive, stylish look that you can customize. They're built like a tank so if they'll last forever even if your hard on headphones. They barely leak any sound so they're great for taking to the library or using around the office. And although they're not noise-cancelation headphones, they still do a great job of blocking out noise even to the point of being able to use these to block out airplane noise.
Unless you're looking to spend over $300, these are one of the best wired headphones you can get at or around this price point.
ENJOY the video!
PS - You should totally subscribe to my YouTube Channel youtu.be/lYQPrR0uDxM
The build can't be beat! These things seem indestructible. The grip is excellent. Strong. The headband is padded so well, you won't feel it at all. The ear cup padding is way more than adequate. They are incredibly comfortable to wear.
They came with an excellent hard storage case which is beautifully designed to fit the phones perfectly, plus a 3.5 cable. Higher priced models come with additional cable, but this was the only one I wanted anyway.
If you are a bass or vocal lover, these indestructible phones are for you. A larger soundstage and I would have given them a 5.