Add to your order
from Asurion, LLC $44.99
- NO ADDITIONAL COST: You pay $0 for repairs – parts, labor and shipping included.
- COVERAGE: Plan starts on the date of purchase. Drops, spills and cracked screens due to normal use covered from day one. Malfunctions covered after the manufacturer's warranty.
- PRODUCT ELIGIBILITY: Plans cover products purchased in the last 30 days.
- EASY CLAIMS PROCESS: File a claim anytime online or by phone. Most claims approved within minutes. If we can’t repair it, we’ll send you an Amazon e-gift card for the purchase price of your covered product or replace it.
Other Sellers on Amazon
V-Moda Crossfade 2 Wireless Codex Edition with Qualcomm aptX and AAC - Matte White
|List Price:||$350.00 Details|
|Price:||& FREE Returns|
|You Save:||$50.02 (14%)|
|Special Feature||Noise Isolation, Volume-Control, Foldable, Microphone Feature, Universal Phone Control|
|Connectivity Technology||Wireless, Bluetooth|
|Wireless Communication Technology||Bluetooth|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- V-MODA Award-Winning signature sound (50+ editors' Choice Awards) both in wireless and wired mode
- Qualcomm apt audio CODEC for CD quality wireless audio playback + AAC and SBC Codecs for universal compatibility
- Lithium-ion battery provides up to 14+ hours of continuous music, entertainment and calls; 30mins fast charge = 4hrs playback; unlimited hours in wired mode
- Iconic cliqfold hinge enables ultimate mobility by folding into an impossibly small Exoskeleton case on-the-go
- Unparalleled durability meeting V-MODA strictest testing guidelines
Frequently bought together
Visible screen diagonal
0" / 0 cm
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Over-Ear. CliqFold. Wireless and Wired.
A sound signature meticulously sculpted for audiophiles, gamers and professional musicians alike
'The build quality of these headphones is superb' -TechCrunch
'Premium audio just got slicker'-T3
'Perfect for gaming and everything else.' -Games Radar
- Drivers - 50mm Dual-Diaphragm (patent pending)
- Frequency Response Wired - 5 - 40,000Hz
- Impedance - 32 Ω
- Battery Capacity - 430mAh (up to 14 hours music playback)
- Weight - 309g (with standard aluminum shields)
Trusted Sound with Wired & Wireless Versatility
1) Hybrid Wireless + Wired- Listen wireless for freedom or cabled when you run out of juice and demand zero latency, pure analog audio for gaming, videos, music/DJ performance or a Hi-Fi DAC/AMP
2) Hi-Res Audio in wired mode (HRA-0101-03)
3) Added Codec Technology- Qualcomm aptX for CD audio quality over Bluetooth, Advanced Audio Codec (AAC) for best sound performance on iOS and other devices
4) 50mm Dual-Diaphragm Driver- Inner and outer rings separate the bass from bleeding into the mids and highs
Advanced Bluetooth Features
1) Unlimited Hours- Up to 14 hours of wireless music, 30-minute quick charge for 3 hours and unlimited hours in analog wired mode featuring virtually indistinguishable sound
2) Go the Distance- Pair your Bluetooth device and enjoy your headphones up to 10 meters (33 feet) away
3) Simultaneous Device Pairing-Multitask and pair the headphones with two sources at a time
4) Optimized Antenna- For fewer music cutouts
Unparalleled Comfort & Style
1) Large Memory Foam Cushions -Supreme comfort perfected by testing 100s of prototypes
2) Passive Noise Isolation - Naturally cuts out noise without the pollution and pressure of Active Noise Canceling (ANC)
3) CliqFold Portability - Collapsible hinge folds headphones into the compact Exoskeleton case included
4) 'Mind the Gap' Design- Frames your natural lines and minimizes gap between the headband and the user
5) Optional Custom Shield Kits- Laser engrave your logo, change your shield material and color. #EndorseYourself.
1) Virtually Indestructible SteelFlex Headband- Vegan leather, adjustable clamping force and vastly superior strength to plastic headbands
2) Steel Frame- materials that matter
3) Exoskeleton Form-Fitting Case
4) 1 Million+ Cable/Plug Bends- ARAMID Fiber-reinforced cables and 45-degree plug can bend over 1 million times
5) Ready for the Elements- Resistant to high and low temperatures, humidity, salt spray and UV exposure
Music & Producing
1. Engineered in Japan- Hear the instruments the way both you and instrument engineers intended
2. Analog Noise Isolation- No distractions while recording + Immersive 3D sound
3. Memory Foam Cushions- Optimum comfort for long sessions
4. Gold Plated ¼” Adapter included- Professional grade compatibility
Music & Producing
Sports & Active Lifestyle
Travel & Portability
|Crossfade 2 Wireless Codex Edition||Crossfade 2 Wireless||Crossfade Wireless|
|Type||Over Ear||Over Ear||Over Ear|
|Driver||Crossfade 2 Dual Diaphragm 50mm ft. CCAW Japanese coil||Crossfade 2 Dual Diaphragm 50mm ft. CCAW Japanese coil||Refined M-100 Dual Diaphragm 50mm|
|Qualcomm aptX||✓||Rose Gold Only|
|Advanced Audio Codec||✓|
|Passive Noise Isolation||✓||✓||✓|
|Durable & Reinforced Cables||1-Button SpeakEasy Mic Cable||1-Button SpeakEasy Mic Cable||1-Button SpeakEasy Mic Cable|
Compare with similar items
V-MODA XL Black Memory Cushions
Sony WH-1000XM4 Wireless Industry Leading Noise Canceling Overhead Headphones with Mic for Phone-Call and Alexa Voice Control, Black
V-MODA Crossfade Wireless Over-Ear Headphone, White Silver
Soundcore by Anker Life Q30 Hybrid Active Noise Cancelling Headphones with Multiple Modes, Hi-Res Sound, Custom EQ via App, 40H Playtime, Comfortable Fit, Bluetooth Headphones, Connect to 2 Devices
V-MODA Crossfade 2 Wireless Over-Ear Headphones, Rose Gold
|Shipping||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping on orders over $25.00 shipped by Amazon or get Fast, Free Shipping with Amazon Prime||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||V-MODA Direct||AnkerDirect||Amazon.com|
|Color||White||Black||Black||White, Silver||Black||Rose Gold|
|Headphones Form Factor||Over Ear||Over Ear||Over Ear||Over Ear||Over Ear||Over Ear|
|Item Dimensions||3.3 x 5.8 x 7.7 inches||1.75 x 3.25 x 3.75 inches||7.27 x 3.03 x 9.94 inches||8.5 x 11 x 3 inches||7.68 x 7.09 x 3.07 inches||8.5 x 11 x 3 inches|
|Item Weight||0.70 lbs||1.60 ounces||0.56 lbs||1.00 lbs||0.58 lbs||1.00 lbs|
|Special Features||Foldable, Microphone Feature, Noise Isolation, Volume-Control, Universal Phone Control||Noise Isolation, Lightweight||Noise Cancellation||wireless, noise-isolation||Noise-Canceling, wireless||Foldable, Microphone Feature, Noise Isolation, Volume-Control, Universal Phone Control|
Crossfade 2 wireless Codex edition is the hybrid Bluetooth and pure analog wired headphone with virtually identical sound in either mode. They feature Qualcomm apt for CD sound quality over Bluetooth, The advanced audio CODEC (AAC) for best sound performances on iOS devices along with the “universal” Sub-band codec (SBC). Crossfade 2 can also be operated in wired mode by inserting a cable plug into the headphone jack to switch off all electronics and achieve zero latency, essential for gaming and professional use. Powered by dual-diaphragm 50mm drivers and hi-resolution CCAW coils made in Japan, Crossfade 2 is certified by the Japan Audio Society (JAS) to Hi-Res audio standard when cabled. Large memory foam cushions provide supple ergonomic comfort for extended listening sessions. The cushions and steel flex headband adapt to your head and ears to create perfect natural noise isolation, optimal bass and an immersive 3D soundstage. The iconic cliqfold hinge enables ultimate mobility by folding into an impossibly small exoskeleton case on-the-go. Enjoy your headphones with a Bluetooth range of up to 10 meters (33 feet) and pair with two devices simultaneously such as with a smartphone and laptop. The built-in hidden microphone is specially tuned for phone calls and voice recognition with a rugged aramid FIBER-reinforced 1-button Speakeasy cable for wired use included in the box. Crossfade 2 wireless Codex edition stays true to V-MODA heritage with the luxurious combination of steel and vegan leather, meeting V-MODA strictest durability testing guidelines. The rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides up to 14+ hours of continuous music, entertainment and calls. Recharging is easy via the elegant V-Micro USB cable. With fast charge, 30 minutes of charging gets you 4 hours of playback.
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
So fast forward to the Crossfade Wireless and Wireless 2. They are great. I always loved the sound with them. Well, those two have been moved to my go to when I’m doing work on my land. I thought the Crossfade Wireless and Wireless 2 lacked compared to the new Codex version. Yes, I have an iPhone, so I really have a lot to benefit from the upgrades to the Codex. From the first song, I knew it was a different experience. Music went from enjoyable to entrancing again. I haven’t gone through all my genres yet, but that’s because I’ve been having to much difficulty on choosing what I want to listen to next.
I know this is going to sound cheesy, but the Codex version has actually filled a hole in regards to my experience with music. It truly has been a while since I enjoyed quality this good, and from Wireless to boot. I’m in love with these.
Not only was the minimum volume too loud, so were the notification souds - connected, disconnected, paused, etc. all were suprisingly loud.
The volume over a cable and on my Mac over Bluetooth were just fine. Too bad those aren't how I'm using these headphones.
I hope those who get these headphones can maintain their hearing!
Let's start with the good. The aesthetics are, let's be honest, the reason you're even looking at these headphones. They are stunning to look at. And the sound quality is very good. However, I'm no audiophile, and the sound quality is not so much better than my $100 Jabra Move that it justifies the price (that set holds its own surprisingly well for the price).
And now the bad. First, I'm disappointed that it lacks USB-C, which is increasingly more common in competing products. The controls are neither intuitive nor easily accessible. Bluetooth lag is the worst I've ever experienced. Watching videos on Youtube with these is like watching an old Godzilla movie. My cheap headphones don't do this to anywhere near the same degree.
But the worst part is just how uncomfortable these are. They feel great for a few minutes. But then they start to become uncomfortable. I've had them on my head for nearly 30 minutes now and they're starting to get painful. That's about how long I can last with these. The problem stems from the earcups, which are too big to be classified as "over ear" and too small to be "around ear." As a result, they apply pressure on parts of the ear that aren't meant to handle pressure. An easy solution would have been for V-MODA to include the XL earcups with them for some customization, as many cheaper solutions do. Instead, this is a $20 addon. For $350, this should not be necessary.
And that brings us to the price. For $350, these headphones should not trail the competition in so many features, such as the previously mentioned USB-C or the ability for music to pause when you take them off. There is no justification for these headphones costing $100 more than the far superior Jabra Elite 85h. Well, except for aesthetics.
These are sexy but overpriced headphones that are very uncomfortable. It pains me to write this review because I was wearing them as I wrote it. I’m giving them 3 stars for the aesthetics and sound quality. But there are too many truly 4- and 5-star products in this category for similar price or less. Look elsewhere.
Top reviews from other countries
I was looking for a pair of headphones best suited for rock/heavy metal music as, to be completely honest, is 95% of what I listen to and I am finally happy to say I found the best headphones for this after a long search!
They are insanely comfortable, not too tight at all as I've read somewhere before and I personally love the fact you don't need to rely on ANC for noise isolation since this not only causes a loss in sound quality but the pressure gives me bad headaches. Sound quality was key for me as I listen to music a lot, including at the office. These have a great volume level, no need to be too loud bothering whoever's sitting next to me and sill blocking most of the noise out. It won't isolate it completely but even whilst on the tube, it does an amazing job at keeping the annoying screeching down.
It is great to wear for long periods of time, I haven't had to to remove them at some point just to let my ears breathe as I've had to in the past.
I went for the matte white and they're stunning and I can definitely see the durability in these. I have an iPhone and I'm happy I saved up for it, I'm always on wireless and the quality is superb with the AAC.
Can't say enough great things about it, if you're undecided you won't regret going for these. Trust me.
Build Quality: Initial impressions are that these are of higher than average build quality. I've only had these for a couple weeks so I cannot speak to long term durability but I've already dropped them several times and they show no damage. This bodes well for being a headphone marketed as being portable. They have a good heft to them and feel solid - moving parts feel like they will not wear out over time.
Sound Quality: Good for a Bluetooth wireless headphone. The AptX and AAC codecs make this, to my ears, very close to wired sound quality. That being said, I am fairly certain they do sound better in wired mode and they certainly do not sound as good as some other, dedicated high end wired headphones (in terms of clarity, soundstage, and quickness). That being said, they also do not cost nearly as much as those. In terms of sound profile, they are very bass heavy and are not at all a neutral sound signature. The bass can get a little muddy and overpower the mids and highs. This is a "fun" sound signature without any harshness (if anything, the highs are too recessed). Overall, if you're a fan of bass heavy headphones and listen to music that benefits from those then you should like how these sound, wired or not.
Battery life: It is advertised for 14 hours and is likely to get close to that. I've had these on for 3-4 gym sessions in a row and the battery hasn't come close to running out. The lack of USB-C is a mild annoyance but at least it charges relatively quick.
Comfort: These feel fine. The clamping force is not excessive to the point of pain after several hours of wear. The padding on the cushions is probably of enough depth for most people's ears to not make contact with the headphones (unless you are literally Dumbo).
Odds and ends: These are not particularly sound isolating, even for a closed back headphone. You can totally have a conversation with someone with these on if you don't have music playing. I assume they leak significant amounts of sound as well but I have yet to be told to turn my music down. The extremely robust carrying case that comes with the headphones (and the folding mechanism of the headphone itself) makes this an incredibly portable headphone.
Overall, great sound value for something that is Bluetooth and portable.
They sound best wireless and when powered by an amplifier in my opinion , the comfort is an issue for me as they do pressure my ears a bit after a long listening session. Plus point is how compact they are which makes them ideal for travel. I did buy the XL earpads since the original made the pressure even stronger . But don't regret having bought them , a bit expensive but worth the money. They do look great which is a plus but is the sound reproduction that really counts and they deliver.