Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "V-MODA Crossfade 2 Wireless Over-Ear Headphone wit..." and save 14% off the $350.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
V-MODA Crossfade 2 Wireless Over-Ear Headphone with Qualcomm aptX - Rose Gold
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Virtually Indestructible Steel Flex Headband made in durable vegan leather. Connectivity Technology: Wireless
- Steel Frame. Clean Deep Bass - Feel and hear precise vibrations of your music without bloated boom or muddy mids
- Military-Level MIL-STD-810G Test Standards Durability
- Durable Cable/Plug Bend - Cables and 45-degree plug can bend over 1 million times (100x industry standard)
- Headband Bend - Steel Flex can bend 10+ times flat; Qualcomm aptX allows for CD quality sound over Bluetooth for high-end Android phones and macOS
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers also shopped for
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
From the manufacturer
Over-Ear. CliqFold. Wireless. Personaliz3D.
'V-MODA makes the right tweaks to deliver superior sound over the previous mode' -Digital Trends
World-renowned enhanced sound. Supreme comfort. CliqFold portability.
Why Crossfade 2 Wireless?
- Wireless Unleashed
- Supreme Comfort
- CliqFold Portability
- Military-level Durability
- Free Customization (at V-MODA official website)
- Six-Star Service
- 1-Year Warranty + 50% Immortal Life Program
Trusted Sound Remastered
1) Master Crafted Materials - Lightweight metal components and more expensive materials than peer headphones at this price range.
2) Certified Hi-Res Audio (wired mode) - Supports super-human frequencies beyond 40kHz with Hi-Res music sources as certified by Japan Audio Society (JAS).
3) 50 millimeter Dual-Diaphragm Driver (Patent Pending) - Inner and outer rings separate the bass from bleeding into the mids and highs, quality tested at 6 frequencies for stricter consistency than the competition, often by an order of magnitude.
4) Micro VAMP –Legendary V-MODA VAMP AMP/DAC technology condensed.
5) Qualcomm aptX (Rose Gold version) - State of the art audio codec enables CD-like quality sound over Bluetooth which allows for the best lossless wireless listening experience.
6) Analog Purist Zero Latency - No powered EQ or colored sound that pollutes the audio and causes unacceptable latency for videos, gaming and DJ/music performance.
1) Unlimited Hours - Up to 14+ wireless hours of music, 30 minute quick charge for 3+ hours and unlimited hours in analog wired mode featuring virtually undistinguishable sound.
2) Go the Distance - Pair your Bluetooth device and enjoy your headphones up to 33 feet (10 meters).
3) Hybrid Wireless + Wired - Enjoy the best of two worlds: wireless for freedom, cabled when you run out of juice or demand zero latency pure analog audio for gaming, videos, music/DJ performance or a Hi-Fi DAC/AMP (PS4 + Xbox One controllers).
4) Simultaneous Device Pairing - Multitask and pair the headphones with two sources at a time.
5) Optimized Antenna - Rigorously tested 1000+ kilometers by V-MODA's CEO with smartwatches for less music cutouts.
Supreme Comfort & Style
1) BLISS Large Enhanced Memory Foam Cushions - Unparalleled supple comfort perfected by testing hundreds of prototypes with small variances by V-MODA's CEO for over a year to naturally contour to every ear.
2) Passive Noise Isolation - Naturally cut the distractions of jet engines and unwanted noise without the hiss and pressure of Active Noise Canceling (ANC).
3) CliqFold Hinge - Luxury lighter-like hinge mechanism precisely folds the headphones into impossibly small exoskeleton case (patent pending).
4) Luxurious New Colors - Find your favorite between our fan-favorite Matte Black, brand new Matte White and posh Rose Gold.
5) 'Mind the Gap' - Patented sleek design frames the natural lines of your facial features and minimizes unsightly gap.
6) Optional Custom Shield Kits - 3D print or laser engrave your logo, change your shield material and color.
1) Virtually Indestructible Steelflex Headband - Vegan leather cover, user adjustable clamping force and vastly superior strength to plastic headbands.
2) Steel Frame.
3) Exoskeleton Form-Fitting Case.
4) Tested Beyond Military-Level Quality MIL-STD-810G Test Standards.
5) 1+ Million Cable/Plug Bends - Cables and 45-degree plug can bend over 1 million times (100x industry standard).
6) Environmental - High and low temperatures, humidity, salt spray and UV exposure.
V-MODA, The Standard of Quality
- Crossfade 2 Wireless
- Exoskeleton carry case and 2 V-PORT Vents
- Carabiner clip
- Reinforced 1-Button SpeakEasy Microphone cable
- Elegant V-Micro USB Cable
- Gold plated 1/4" Pro Adapter
- V-MODA sticker
- Six-Star Service
Drivers - 50mm Dual-Diaphragm (patent pending).
Frequency Response Wired - 5 - 40,000Hz.
Impedance - 32 Ω.
Battery Capacity - 430mAh (up to 14+ hours music playback).
Weight - 309g (with standard aluminum shields.
'New drivers, new cushions, more frequency response in wired mode and better battery life make V-MODA's next-gen Bluetooth headphone a winner.' -CNET.
'The most versatile headphones I've yet tested.' -The Verge.
'Sound better, last longer.' -Engadget.
'An impressive second act.' -Digital Trends.
'Your next headphones.' -Gear Patrol.
'Premium audio just got slicker.' -T3.
'Perfect for gaming and everything else.' -Games Radar.
Premier One-Year Warranty + Immortal Life Program
Each Crossfade 2 Wireless purchased from a Verified Reseller is backed by a 1-Year V-MODA Premier Warranty. In the unlikely event you run over your headphones with a tank, with the V-MODA Immortal Life Program, you get 50% off a replacement. The Immortal Life Program is redeemable at any point during the lifetime of your product with no expiration date.
|Crossfade 2 Wireless||Crossfade Wireless||Crossfade M-100||Crossfade LP2||XS|
|Type||Over-Ear Bluetooth||Over-Ear Bluetooth||Over-Ear||Over-Ear||On-Ear|
|Driver||Crossfade 2 Dual Diaphragm 50mm ft. CCAW Japanese coil||Refined M-100 Dual Diaphragm 50mm||M-100 Dual Diaphragm 50mm||LP2 Dual Diaphragm 50mm||M-Class Dual Diaphragm 40mm|
|Durable & Reinforced Cables||1-Button SpeakEasy Mic cable||1-Button SpeakEasy Mic cable||1-Button SpeakEasy Mic cable + SharePlay Audio Cable||1-Button SpeakEasy Mic cable + Extended Audio Cable||1-Button SpeakEasy Mic cable|
|3D Printed & Laser-Engraved Shields||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Warranty||1-Year + Immortal Life Program||1-Year + Immortal Life Program||2-Year + Immortal Life Program||2-Year + Immortal Life Program||2-Year + Immortal Life Program|
Crossfade 2 wireless gives you the best of both worlds: virtually identical sound in Bluetooth mode and pure analog wired mode for audiophiles, gamers, musicians and DJs... or if you just run out of juice.
Unlike other Bluetooth headphones, inserting a cable plug into the headphone jack switches off all electronics to achieve zero latency, “essential" for gaming and musician use.
Powered by brand New dual-diaphragm 50mm drivers and hi-resolution CCAW coils made in Japan, Crossfade 2 is certified by Japan audio society (JAS) to Hi-Res audio standard when cabled. For near-CD quality wireless playback, Qualcomm aptX audio codec is included.
Brand New, large memory foam ear cushions provide supple ergonomic comfort for extended listening sessions. The cushions and steel flex headband adapt to your head and ears to create perfect natural noise isolation, Optimal bass and an immersive 3D soundstage.
The fans-favorite CliqFold Hinge has been added for ultimate convenience and to fold the headphones into the impossibly small exoskeleton case on-the-go. Easily pair your Crossfade 2 wireless to a Bluetooth device and enjoy your headphones up to 33 feet (10 meters) or more. They can also be paired with two sources at the same time via multi point such as smartphone and laptop or smartphone and smart watch.
The built-in hidden microphone is specially tuned for phone calls and voice recognition and a rugged Kevlar-reinforced 1-button Speakeasy cable for wired use is included in the box.
Crossfade 2 wireless keeps faith with V-MODA heritage thanks to the luxurious combination of steel and New vegan leather, meeting military-level standards of the MIL-STD-810G testing guidelines. The rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides up to 14+ hours of continuous music, entertainment and calls. Recharging is easy via the elegant V-Micro USB cable.
Discover V-MODA world via Crossfade 2 wireless and enjoy Our unrivaled Six-Star customer support, Our 50% Immortal life Replacement program and 1-year premier warranty.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Previous headphones I used in the past are: Plantronics GameCom 780, Steelseries Siberia V2, Sennheiser HD201, V-MODA LP2 w/ XL Pads
Q: What is the difference in sound quality compared the LP2?
A: The LP2 has boomy bass and very muddy. The mids and highs were heavily affected. The C2W, however, has noticeably better mids and highs. The bass may feel a bit weak for some bass heads but for me, they are still strong but tight and controlled. This leads to a much cleaner sound as it does not interfere with the upper frequencies as much.
Q: What about the difference in comfort between the two?
A: The C2W with the new default pads compared to the LP2 with XL Pads seemed almost equal in comfort. The pads were almost the same size and the plush feel seems to be better on the C2W. The downside is that the weight of the C2W makes these headphones a bit uncomfortable. For me, it is still pretty comfortable for long listening sessions.
Q: How is the Bluetooth compared to wired?
A: Using the Bluetooth controls are a bit wonky feeling on top but the presses felt great and the pairing connection was easy to use. The volume is a bit quiet at first but it can be boosted at higher volumes separately with the buttons. There is a very small faint hiss sometimes when using it on the PC but it is not annoying at all at least for me. Another thing I notice is that when using Bluetooth, the SQ is slightly affected. You lose a bit of detail noticeably on the low end and high end. Honestly, the sound was almost identical between the two but I still slightly prefer the wired sound when I am not out and moving about. I just don't like the sound of the Bluetooth connection on and off mode as it is a bit loud. Additionally, while the Bluetooth range is good the battery life, however, was disappointing as it never performed the 14+ as V-MODA claims. It felt a bit less than 11 hours actually. Albeit mind you that I play at medium-loud volumes with MP3 320kbs and FLACs on Neutron. Oh and the mic sounds good on calls.
Q: Overall, is it worth upgrading from the V-MODA LP2?
Q: Is it worth the price?
A: It's probably not worth it from my V-MODA LP2 at the current price but at a discount, it just might be.
I hope you guys and gals found my review helpful!
As for me, I'll go back to VA-11 HALL-A now. My ears need another quick fix.
To me, the name of the product, Crossfade 2 Wireless holds the key to this new offering from V-MODA. They are called the Crossfade 2 Wireless and not the Crossfade Wireless 2. In my opinion the company was trying to produce an excellent wired headphone with the addition of Bluetooth instead of vice versa. To my ears this is one of the first Bluetooth wireless headphones that sound almost equal wired vs.wireless, great job for a Bluetooth headphone.
The exoskeleton case is the usual V-MODA fare. Inside they provide strapping for cable storage and the headphones fold to create a small footprint and fit just perfectly in the case. One thing I thought was nice about this case is that there are vents to allow air into the case to assist in drying from sweating, particularly nice for DJ's and workout buffs. There is also a Carbiner clip attached to the case, another nice touch.
The styling hasn’t changed much from some of the previous V-MODA styles and these are very distinctly V-MODA. All of the usual customization's are available as well through the V-MODA site including the 3D printed shields. I want to add that owning a “Rose Gold” color did not appeal to me at first. Once I saw them, my opinion changed as it would be what I would describe as a deep copper color. I really like it. They also have the CliqFold hinge of the models past to create a small footprint for storage.
The build quality of the headphones and the cables are very good and sturdy and as usual the V-MODA’s are built like a tank. They are a touch heavy at 309g and also sit a bit heavy on the head. Included is a micro VAMP that functions when the headphone is in wireless mode. I am certain that ads a bit to the weight. Let me say that these are a very comfortable headphone, weight aside. The headband comfort has benefited from the five years of comfort research as well as the earpads being exceptionally conforming and comfortable. I easily wear them for my one hour walk in the morning and never feel the need to adjust them.
These are not ANC headphones so aside from the isolation inherent in the headphone there is not active noise cancelling to create an artificial buffer. The buffer against outside noise is created by the more than adequate isolation and the solid bass when listening to music. To some it might have been a nice addition but if active noise cancelling is not done right it can change the sound signature of the headphone. The positive here is there is nothing to negatively alter the impressive sound signature. These are Certified Hi-Res Audio (wired mode) but we are seeing that designation more and more.
They say you can expect 14+ hours of battery life. I am not seeing that quite that long, but I do utilize the volume on highest setting and use my cellphone or source to control the listening volume. I also play a lot of FLAC files when utilizing my Opus #2. If you are using the V-MODA REMIX, it is fully compatible with their, VAMP, internal amp in the REMIX.
I want to address the buttons on the headphones that control the Volume UP, Volume DOWN and Multi - Function button for pausing, answering calls etc. I am in favor of actual push buttons as opposed to touch controls on an earcup as I have found touch controls to be a little inconsistent. However, I am not a big fan of the feel or placement of these buttons. I find them a little difficult to push and to know which button you are pushing when you are feeling blindly above the earcup, with more Bluetooth listening time I am sure I could get used to the function.
With regard to the Bluetooth functionality, these paired easily with everything I attempted to pair them with. The Bluetooth functions phenomenally and I have found I can go the 30ft. as advertised without a drop. In fact I cannot recall any drop outs or disruption in sound when using them wirelessly. I have found when talking on the phone while using the Bluetooth, along with the built-in mic, people say they are noisy. Traffic or wind makes it frustrating for the other party. However, with the enclosed cable they are fine for conversation.
The overall basic first listen to the CF2W (CF2W for short, because I am tired as hell writing it out), is warm, and has a bass tilt as well, very reminiscent of their house sound. It is with time that you start to realize the nuances between these and other V-MODA offerings. They do have that V-MODA signature house bass, and that is okay, because as you listen the more you realize there is also a refined treble and midrange that is aptly apparent. As mentioned, the M-100 model the bass is so strong and overpowering that it bleeds into the lower midrange and then some. I am not being overly critical I am merely saying the M-100 have a place in fun music listening or if you are DJ, but not the best for detailed, critical listening. The CF2W is the most balanced offering yet from V-MODA. The bass is sculpted differently than in other models and provides bass detail and solid warmth and does not impede the other frequencies. I use these a lot outdoors and the bass is perfect to cover outside noise.
The midrange on CF2W are a little more forward than on previous V-MODA’s and the treble is ever present. The treble is never sharp or harsh and it has great tone and quality. Combine the treble with a more forward upper midrange the overall sensation is that of balance and detail. Given the fact that there is just a slight difference in extension between wired and wireless feel free to cut the cord without loss of sound quality. I do not want to only compare these to prior V-MODA's, but in general these are an enjoyable listen and best so many other offerings available in the same price range.
In closing, I was pleasantly surprised with the CF2W. I had been a loyal Sennheiser Momentum 2 wireless guy since their release, recall and re-release. I never really cared to venture into the wireless realm with any seriousness. I will say that the CF2W has changed that and I have a new daily go to for my wireless listening.
I am coming from previously owning CF LP2s, CF Wireless 1st gen as well as owning Audio Technica M50x and Beats Mixrs. I have moved on from the LP2s and CF Wireless to make room for these CF Wireless 2s.
So, if you’re familiar with any current V-moda models the design is identical to those with the addition of the click-fold mechanisms. Build quality is just superb.
Now, to the good stuff.....between the comfort, the folding ability and sound quality improvements this is a no-brainer if you own the first gen Wireless. The white version I purchased look so good in person as well. The fit so much better, on your head as well as in your bag if you’re heading out to the gym and what not. The battery is better by about an hour or two from my usage thus far. As far as the sound, the bass is till there but more refined and the sound stage is now more opened. I hear much more detail and enjoy vocals much more this time around with V-moda.
All in all, I was hesitant at first due to the cost but I’m glad I bit the bullet and went for it. I was able to compensate the cost a bit by selling my CFW 1s so it wasn’t the full $330 price for me. But if you’re on the fence, go for it.
Most recent customer reviews
The padding fits neatly around my ear, and blocks out a lot of external...Read more