Truck Reviews Beauty Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

V-MODA Faders VIP Tuned Metal Earplugs (Gunmetal Black)
Color: Gunmetal Black|Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Change

on November 9, 2017
Work great. Comfortable for wearing at loud concerts, and you can still hear everything clearly.
44 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
on May 7, 2016
I was so stoked to try these earplugs. After 10 years of going to 12-20 metal shows a year, I've become more cautious of my hearing. After using them at a rock show I found that they do their job- they lower the volume, protect your ears, and don't give your ears that weird stopped up feeling that normal earplugs give you while wearing them. That being said, they aren't worth the money or the hype. They tend to muffle sound the same way regular earplugs would. After the show my ears felt like I hadn't worn any protection at all which is never an issue with normal plugs. I'll keep using them over normal plugs just because they do make the audio a bit better but the claim that they keep sound quality the same while reducing the volume is a bit of an overstatement.
review image
10 people found this helpful
on August 17, 2016
I have been attending a lot of live music shows with my husband. It's a shared love of music! Over the past couple of years I started using ear plugs to dampen the loud speakers at the shows. My ears just can't manage it and frankly, we all know that eardrum/hearing damage can't be reversed. Well, I finally got sick of those little disposable ear plugs! I researched many types of dampening (that's what I call them because you really aren't trying to block out all the sound!) earplugs and landed on these. These earplugs look exactly like a pair of ear buds my daughter bought me for Xmas one year. I like they way those fit and hoped these would be similar. They are! The earplugs were a great addition to my concert gear and dampened the ambient noise so much so that I could clearly hear the singers lyrics for a change. I used them over the course of a 4 day music festival and no matter how big or small the stage, the sound was certainly improved and my ears were happy at the end of the night. I no longer have to worry about cotton ears after. The carrying case and string were super convenient. I highly recommend these if you need a reusable set of earplugs.
on July 22, 2017
To paraphrase a saying (that "the best camera is the one you have with you"): the best ear protection is the one hanging around your neck, available at a moment's notice. That alone makes this solution a tiny triumph. They look cool. They easily hide under a collar when not in use. They provide just enough noise suppression to protect in a downtown urban setting against a phenomenal amount of loud bus traffic, emergency sirens, pedestrians shouting, and restaurants whose bad acoustics inspire patrons to scream out loud just to be heard. Each morning I slip the Faders into a pocket or behind the neck, ready for action - and downtown is suddenly a much nicer place. The Faders come with multiple swapouts for different ear sizes. Sweet relief.
on July 7, 2015
Nicely made, removable string is nice. For me, the fit is not good enough for hi sound level environments. They let some sound leak by the plug. A little bit difficult to insert. Adequate protection for short periods when things are not too noisy.
WITH ALL plugs: the absolutely most important part of any ear plug is a good seal in the ear canal....and this varies from person to person. In my case it also varies from one ear to the other. The V-MODAs have a single seal. My old triple lip seal Hearos give better isolation in very noisy surroundings. The Hearos gave 22 dB reduction- confirmed by taking a hearing test with the earplugs. btw; the BEST isolation (protection) is offered by the cheap, foam, squishy type plugs. These do pretty much kill all of the high frequencies and are not suited for music listening. I need plugs with more balanced sound- so the search continues. see my reviews of several other plugs.
3 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on January 25, 2016
Yes, these are more expensive than other ear protection solutions you could buy, but if you want something that has long lasting comfort and doesn't leave you feeling like you are in an echo chamber, these are the ones to get.

I wore these to one of the loudest events on earth, a Seattle Seahawks home game. I was very pleased with how well they worked.
The fit was excellent once I selected the correct caps to fit my ears, I wore them for the better part of 4 hours and they did not hurt my ears or fall out easily like other ear buds can often do.

As for performance, I was expecting everything to be muffled sounding, but it was actually more like turning down the volume on your radio or TV, you can still clearly hear what's going on but everything was simply quieter. That was a very pleasant surprise.
2 people found this helpful
on April 19, 2018
I bought these a couple of years back. I purchased these due to the neck string, so I could opt to have them out or in without fumbling for a container whenever there was a break in the music. Used 4-5 times, ever, and mostly stayed in a drawer in the house. Work well enough and the small size is comfortable for me. But used them this weekend at a concert. Still worked fine, but at the end of the concert I noticed that one earplug was no longer hanging on the line. Before I GOT to the car, the other one had fallen off. I was left with only the string hanging around my neck.
on September 15, 2016
The work great and are much more comfortable than any other I've tried. Unlike dubs and most others they come with an assortment of soft silicone cups just like good earphones. I keep the removable lanyard on mine but I have never had an issue with loose fit and never had them fall out. I do wish the case was larger and not so stylishly shaped. Everything has to be positioned just so to fit. I now carry mine in the other half of my pocket pill box - only a little larger but it makes all the difference.
2 people found this helpful
on April 13, 2017
Nice design. The four size of tips has different color cores (not the outside which is black) so it's easy to locate the matching pair. The pendant case has a pair of holes that exposes the cord, so you can keep it around your neck and keep the case hanging like a pendant. It is metal but not too heavy so it won't fall out. It has 12DB reduction, so I can still hear music or speech. It even has an etched outline of the earplugs inside the case so you know how to orient the plugs when closing the case.
on March 21, 2014
You can go by "data" or by whether the product "works". I use one of these in my left ear for playing the violin to filter out a buzz created in my ear by certain high frequencies as the result of an injury. This product is nothing short of incredible.
The injury in my left ear is a buzzing sympathetic to high frequencies. Music from any sound source will illicit a buzz. I have contended with this injury for over five years. More recently, the problem is not as severe except for one very important situation: playing the violin sends the high frequencies directly to my left ear. It WAS but no longer is impossible to solve this. I could not perform without a large portion of the sound being distorted by my left ear. Not any more.
4 people found this helpful