Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "V-MODA XS On-Ear Folding Design Noise-Isolating Me..." and save 44% off the $212.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
V-MODA XS On-Ear Folding Design Noise-Isolating Metal Headphone (Matte Black Metal)
- M-Class 40mm Dual-Diaphragm Drivers (patent pending) -Inner and outer rings deliver vibrant bass, vivid mids & vivacious highs without overlap
- Passive Noise Isolation - Cuts out noise
- No Batteries or Processing - Powerful clarity without two extra digital-to-analog conversions
- Obsessive Quality Control - 5+ years of R&D
- "Mind the Gap" Style & Comfort
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
On-Ear. Cliqfold. 3D Headphones
'Practically perfect in every way' –Innerfidelity
Tuned and trusted by V-MODA's golden ears, editors, audiophiles, producers and DJs on the forums and around the globe. Our M-Class series has won a record 24 Editors’ Choice Awards, are the top-reviewed by customers and the most recommended by the world's top DJs.
Why Live In XS?
- Trusted Sound
- 3D Printed Metal + Fiber Personalization
- "Mind the Gap" Style & Comfort
- Uber Portable
- Six-Star Service
"Five years in the making and worth it" - Associated Press
1) M-Class 40 millimeter Dual-Diaphragm Drivers (patent pending) - Inner and outer rings deliver vibrant bass, vivid mids and vivacious highs without overlap.
2) Passive Noise Isolation - Cuts out noise.
3) No Batteries or Processing - Powerful clarity without two extra digital-to-analog conversions.
4) Obsessive Quality Control - 5+ years of R&D.
Versatility And Style
"Most on ear and over headphones have a gap" -CNET
5+ years of R&D resulted in a wind-tunnel worthy design that contours evenly to the shape of your head. Discovery why 'the fit is the sound'.
1) Mind the Gap - Patented sleek design frames the natural lines of your facial features and minimizes unsightly gap.
2) Optional Custom Shield Kits - 3D Print or laser engrave your logo, change your shield material and color.
3) Cable and Cushion Ecosystem - Extend your functionality with the BoomPro Mic for gaming and communication, XL Memory Cushions, CoilPro extended and a variety of cables.
Durability: Built To Last
"There’s nothing I’d recommend more" -Popular Science
1) Virtually Indestructible STEELFLEX Headband.
2) Steel Frame
3) Exoskeleton Form-Fitting Case.
4) Tested Beyond Military-Level Quality MIL-STD-810G Test Standards.
5) Durable Cable/Plug Bend - Cables and 45-degree plug can bend over 1 million times (100x industry standard).
6) Headband Bend - Steelflex can bend 10+ times flat.
7) Environmental - High and low temperatures, humidity, salt spray and UV exposure.
"V-MODA is quickly becoming the standard of quality" -ElektroDaily
1) Dual Inputs & V-CORK - Mix two sources at the same time or daisy chain headphones with your friends; the included V-CORK seals and protects the unused input.
2) SpeakEasy Mic Cable - Specially tuned for voice recognition and calls in the noisiest environments, the button control universally works with all 3.5 millimeter smartphones and tablets including Apple, Android, Samsung, Windows, Kindle and Blackberry.
3) Optional BoomPro, SharePlay and 3-Button Cables - choose a professional-grade boom mic for gaming/Skype/Voice, an extended cable with built-in sharing or a 3-button mic cable for Apple in a range of colors.
V-Moda, The Standard Of Quality
- XS Headphones
- Exoskeleton carry case
- Carabiner clip
- Reinforced 1-Button SpeakEasy Microphone & Mic cable
- V-CORK (2)
- V-MODA sticker
- Six-Star Service
Type - On-Ear Supra-aural
Frequency Response - 5 - 30,000Hz
Sensitivity - 105 dB @ 1kHz 1mW
Microphone Sensitivity - -42dB @ 1kHz
Impedance - 28.5Ω
Weight - 195 gram (headphone only)
Plug - 45 degree, 24k gold-plated 3.5 millimeter (1/8 inch) stereo
Premier Two-Year Warranty + Immortal Life Program
Each XS purchased from a Verified Reseller is backed by a 2-Year V-MODA Premier Warranty, more than double the industry average. In the unlikely event you run over your headphones with a tank, with the V-MODA Immortal Life Program, you get 50% off a replacement for a lifetime
|Type||Over-Ear Bluetooth Wireless||On-Ear|
|Amazon Reviews||4.5/5 (180 reviews)|
|Character||Vibrant bass, vivid mids, vivacious highs, 3D sound stage||Audiophile balanced, precision bass, vivid mids, crystal clear ultra wide highs, 3D sound stage|
|Driver||Refined M-100 Dual Diaphragm 50mm||M-Class Dual Diaphragm 40mm|
|Durable & Reinforced Cables||1-Button Mic cable + Extended Audio Cable||1-Button SpeakEasy Mic cable|
|3D Printed & Laser-Engraved Shields||✓||✓|
|Warranty||2 Year + Immortal Life 50%||2 Year + Immortal Life 50%|
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Parity Tech||Eskay on Amz||4OurEars - The Official Grado Store||avSoundz||avSoundz|
|Color||Matte Black Metal||White Silver||BLACK||Black||Silver||Black - iOS version|
|Item Dimensions||5.5 x 3.5 x 6.5 in||7 x 3 x 9 in||3 x 7 x 9 in||6.69 x 3.15 x 7.48 in||2.7 x 7.8 x 8.3 in||3.25 x 7.9 x 9 in|
|Item Weight||0.04 ounces||1.5 lbs||—||0.62 lb||7.41 ounces||0.57 lb|
|Additional Features||foldable||lightweight, volume-control||lightweight||Just released Grado "e" series headphones||ios-phone-control||foldable, ios-phone-control, tangle-free-cord, volume-control|
Tuned and trusted by V-MODA's golden ears, editors, audiophiles, producers and DJs on the forums and around the globe. Our M-Class series has won a record 22 Editors' Choice Awards, are the top-reviewed by customers and voted #1 by the world's top DJs. Includes: XS headphones, exoskeleton carrying case, carabiner clip, durable Speak-easy microphone control cable, V-Moda sticker and more.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The V-Moda XS is one of the most efficient HP that I have so using the X3 or my Galaxy S5 as the source doesn't drain the battery and I can get decent volume while on the go without having to carry a portable HP amp like a Fiio E-12.
The XS is very compact, will fit in an average woman’s hand bag.
The second HP connector of the XS is a great feature if traveling with a friend. Only concern is that the second HP needs to be as efficient as the XS of the volume will be very different on each HP.
Great carry case, stylish.
The clamping force is a little on the higher side and if you try to stretch the headband they become too loose and start to slide of your head with little movement.
The ear pads are not the most comfortable and become hot quickly here in Hawaii.
Pricy, the Sennheiser Momentum On-Ear is currently half the price and to my ears sounds better.
Sound: The sound from the XS is really good considering the size, almost as good as the Momentum On-Ear that I also have but the ear pads on the Momentum are softer and much more comfortable. I also have a Sennheiser HD-239 that I originally got for traveling but the XS and Momentum are clearly in a different league. Please note that I only use the XS and Momentum when I travel, for home use I have HIFIMAN HE-560, HE-400i, HE-400 (Grill mod, focus pads), Sennheiser HD-598, HD-455, Philips Fidelio X1, ATH-M50X, MDR-7506, STAX SR-40, Beyerdynamic 990-250, Modi/Magni, Asgard2/Lyr 2/Bifrost, Asus Xonar, Topping VX1, and HIFIMAN EF-2A.
I’ve tried the XS with some of my home system amps/DACs and they don’t seem to perform any better, if anything the bass sounds muddy and the treble is overly bright, almost like there is too much current going to the HP. The Momentum on the other hand sounds a little better with the better amps/DACs, bass better controlled, treble crisp and clear.
I went to the website and filled out a warranty request and was told to send in my headphones and wait up to 3 weeks for repair or replacement.
Sorry, not happening and while I like vmoda products and also own a pair of M100s, this is, in my opinion, a terrible warranty process for non catastrophic problems.
1. How do I know I will get the same pair back and not a refurbished unit with other problems?
2. I use these a lot and while this issue is a problem that needs to be fixed, it's not so bad that I want to live without them for 3 weeks.
3. It feels like an obnoxious FU policy designed to discourage people from getting service.
As a pair of headphones, these sound great and fit me very well - even as a very tall person with a big noggin.
I was using Sennheiser PX 100 II and was quite happy with its sound output but the build quality (given it comes at far cheaper a price) was not that good as the wires near the connector start fraying. But they were extremely portable with their light weight and folding design.
So i was looking for both good sound quality and superior build. Also, wanted a portable set and, having used an on-ear design, didn't want to experiment with in-ear or over-the-ear cans (otherwise would have most likely gone for ATH M50X). V-Moda xs fit the bill perfectly.
Initially i felt that I am not experiencing a big step up in sound quality and that i have paid high mostly for the military grade solid but lightweight construction of these headphones. But probably I had gotten used to the boomy bass of my Sennheiser PX100 II and the tight bass response of V-Moda seemed lacking in effect. Slowly, however, I am warming up to appreciate the difference, in other words, still slightly missing the immersive quality of a lingering boomy bass (though I am not a mr.beats bass head). Sound is very clear and natural. As I wanted, the treble is not piercing and yet very responsive.
The build quality and packaging (compact case) is outstanding, probably the best one can have. And they look awesome.
Overall, a great purchase
Note: Do buy only when the seller is Amazon. Warranty not applicable to third party sellers on Amazon
Edit after more than a month of using: Revising the rating to a 5. The bass response (mentioned in the above review) may have been a matter of burning in the headphones. I am getting a fully immersive bass now and the experience now is simply superb!