Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "V-MODA XS On-Ear Folding Design Noise-Isolating Me...” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 55% off the $212.00 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
V-MODA XS On-Ear Folding Design Noise-Isolating Metal Headphone (Matte Black Metal)
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Award-winning sound and ultimate ergonomics in an ultra-portable size
- Unique collapsible CLIQFOLD design for compact storage
- Metal construction and military level testing ensures unrivaled durability
- Supreme comfort, natural noise isolation, bespoke fit and 3D sound with over 3 years of fitting R&D
- Ultra compact exoskeleton hard carry case and detachable cable with 1-button microphone
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
From the manufacturer
On-Ear. Cliqfold. 3D Headphones
'Practically perfect in every way' –Innerfidelity
Tuned and trusted by V-MODA's golden ears, editors, audiophiles, producers and DJs on the forums and around the globe. Our M-Class series has won a record 24 Editors’ Choice Awards, are the top-reviewed by customers and the most recommended by the world's top DJs.
Why Live In XS?
- Trusted Sound
- 3D Printed Metal + Fiber Personalization
- "Mind the Gap" Style & Comfort
- Uber Portable
- Six-Star Service
"Five years in the making and worth it" - Associated Press
1) M-Class 40 millimeter Dual-Diaphragm Drivers (patent pending) - Inner and outer rings deliver vibrant bass, vivid mids and vivacious highs without overlap.
2) Passive Noise Isolation - Cuts out noise.
3) No Batteries or Processing - Powerful clarity without two extra digital-to-analog conversions.
4) Obsessive Quality Control - 5+ years of R&D.
Versatility And Style
"Most on ear and over headphones have a gap" -CNET
5+ years of R&D resulted in a wind-tunnel worthy design that contours evenly to the shape of your head. Discovery why 'the fit is the sound'.
1) Mind the Gap - Patented sleek design frames the natural lines of your facial features and minimizes unsightly gap.
2) Optional Custom Shield Kits - 3D Print or laser engrave your logo, change your shield material and color.
3) Cable and Cushion Ecosystem - Extend your functionality with the BoomPro Mic for gaming and communication, XL Memory Cushions, CoilPro extended and a variety of cables.
Durability: Built To Last
"There’s nothing I’d recommend more" -Popular Science
1) Virtually Indestructible STEELFLEX Headband.
2) Steel Frame
3) Exoskeleton Form-Fitting Case.
4) Tested Beyond Military-Level Quality MIL-STD-810G Test Standards.
5) Durable Cable/Plug Bend - Cables and 45-degree plug can bend over 1 million times (100x industry standard).
6) Headband Bend - Steelflex can bend 10+ times flat.
7) Environmental - High and low temperatures, humidity, salt spray and UV exposure.
"V-MODA is quickly becoming the standard of quality" -ElektroDaily
1) Dual Inputs & V-CORK - Mix two sources at the same time or daisy chain headphones with your friends; the included V-CORK seals and protects the unused input.
2) SpeakEasy Mic Cable - Specially tuned for voice recognition and calls in the noisiest environments, the button control universally works with all 3.5 millimeter smartphones and tablets including Apple, Android, Samsung, Windows, Kindle and Blackberry.
3) Optional BoomPro, SharePlay and 3-Button Cables - choose a professional-grade boom mic for gaming/Skype/Voice, an extended cable with built-in sharing or a 3-button mic cable for Apple in a range of colors.
V-Moda, The Standard Of Quality
- XS Headphones
- Exoskeleton carry case
- Carabiner clip
- Reinforced 1-Button SpeakEasy Microphone & Mic cable
- V-CORK (2)
- V-MODA sticker
- Six-Star Service
Type - On-Ear Supra-aural
Frequency Response - 5 - 30,000Hz
Sensitivity - 105 dB @ 1kHz 1mW
Microphone Sensitivity - -42dB @ 1kHz
Impedance - 28.5Ω
Weight - 195 gram (headphone only)
Plug - 45 degree, 24k gold-plated 3.5 millimeter (1/8 inch) stereo
Premier Two-Year Warranty + Immortal Life Program
Each XS purchased from a Verified Reseller is backed by a 2-Year V-MODA Premier Warranty, more than double the industry average. In the unlikely event you run over your headphones with a tank, with the V-MODA Immortal Life Program, you get 50% off a replacement for a lifetime
|Type||Over-Ear Bluetooth Wireless||On-Ear|
|Amazon Reviews||4.5/5 (180 reviews)|
|Character||Vibrant bass, vivid mids, vivacious highs, 3D sound stage||Audiophile balanced, precision bass, vivid mids, crystal clear ultra wide highs, 3D sound stage|
|Driver||Refined M-100 Dual Diaphragm 50mm||M-Class Dual Diaphragm 40mm|
|Durable & Reinforced Cables||1-Button Mic cable + Extended Audio Cable||1-Button SpeakEasy Mic cable|
|3D Printed & Laser-Engraved Shields||✓||✓|
|Warranty||2 Year + Immortal Life 50%||2 Year + Immortal Life 50%|
Compare to similar items
This item V-MODA XS On-Ear Folding Design Noise-Isolating Metal Headphone (Matte Black Metal)
|Price||See price in cart||$117.96||$130.00||$230.00||$158.48||$229.00|
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||WholesaleLiquidation||Shop For Happy||Pangdavid562||Amazon.com||CitiLux||Sunshade King|
|Color||Matte Black Metal||White Silver||Black, Grey||True Blood Edition||Black||Black/Aluminum|
|Item Dimensions||5.5 x 3.5 x 6.5 in||7 x 3 x 9 in||3 x 7 x 9 in||3 x 1.5 x 7 in||3.3 x 6.7 x 9.9 in||7 x 9.12 x 3.62 in|
|Item Weight||0.04 ounces||1.5 lbs||1.5 lbs||1.49 lbs||1.6 lbs||7.4 ounces|
|Additional Features||foldable||lightweight, volume-control||lightweight||android-phone-control, ios-phone-control, lightweight||foldable, ios-phone-control, lightweight||foldable, ios-phone-control, lightweight, tangle-free-cord|
Trusted Sound "Mind the Gap" Style & Comfort Uber Portable Custom Color & Laser Engraving Six Star Service TRUSTED SOUND Tuned and trusted by V-MODA's golden ears, editors, audiophiles, producers and DJs on the forums and around the globe. Our M-Class series has won a record 20 Editors' Choice Awards and are voted #1 by the world's top DJs. M-Class 40mm Dual-Diaphragm Drivers (patent pending) - inner & outer rings deliver vibrant bass, vivid midst & vivacious highs without overlap Passive Noise Isolation - cuts out noise No Batteries or Processing - powerful clarity without 2 extra digital-to-analog conversions - toxins that pollute your music Obsessive Quality Control - < 1dB variance for strict sound consistency compared to most brands SLEEK ERGONOMIX FOR BETTER SOUND Minimize the unsightly gap between the headband and your head for the best comfort, sound and silhouette. 5+ years of R&D resulted in a wind-tunnel worthy design that contours evenly to the shape of your head. Discover why "the fit is the sound." pressure relief points gap space stub length View more Steel Flex Headband - virtually indestructible bespoke fit ABC+P - Anything But Circles + Plastic, because heads are not round, ears are not spheres and metal lasts longer Memory Foam Cushions - supple long session comfort naturally adapts to your ears for faster "burn-in" & better noise isolation MILITARY-LEVEL QUALITY Tested beyond military-level MIL-STD-810G quality standards. Kevlar-reinforced Cable - up to 1 million bends for cables & 45 degree strain relief (100x industry standard) Concrete Drop - up to 60 drops from 1.5m onto concrete Steel Flex Headband - up to 10 flat bends Environmental Weather - survives severe high/low temperatures, humidity, salt spray & UV rays UBER PORTABILITY Small enough to make you think twice before grabbing your in-ears.
Top Customer Reviews
They push HARD against your ears. I wear these working in a laboratory for hours and after three or four hours it really starts to hurt my ears, then when I shift them around it hurts even worse. At that point I have to take a break or move them to my temples and up the volume. Do know that I have a HUGE head, as in, even "one size fits all" hats often can't stretch over this noggin. I have found that wearing winter hats (beanies) with the headphones over them alleviates the problem. I wish they sold plush earpieces for these. Another effect of the clamping: these things SEAL! I have to take them off to hear my labmates talking.
They are worth the pain though, because 1) the convenience of portability for my commutes and 2) they look nice, sound nice, and I'm confident they won't fall apart anytime soon.
The V-Moda XS is one of the most efficient HP that I have so using the X3 or my Galaxy S5 as the source doesn't drain the battery and I can get decent volume while on the go without having to carry a portable HP amp like a Fiio E-12.
The XS is very compact, will fit in an average woman’s hand bag.
The second HP connector of the XS is a great feature if traveling with a friend. Only concern is that the second HP needs to be as efficient as the XS of the volume will be very different on each HP.
Great carry case, stylish.
The clamping force is a little on the higher side and if you try to stretch the headband they become too loose and start to slide of your head with little movement.
The ear pads are not the most comfortable and become hot quickly here in Hawaii.
Pricy, the Sennheiser Momentum On-Ear is currently half the price and to my ears sounds better.
Sound: The sound from the XS is really good considering the size, almost as good as the Momentum On-Ear that I also have but the ear pads on the Momentum are softer and much more comfortable. I also have a Sennheiser HD-239 that I originally got for traveling but the XS and Momentum are clearly in a different league. Please note that I only use the XS and Momentum when I travel, for home use I have HIFIMAN HE-560, HE-400i, HE-400 (Grill mod, focus pads), Sennheiser HD-598, HD-455, Philips Fidelio X1, ATH-M50X, MDR-7506, STAX SR-40, Beyerdynamic 990-250, Modi/Magni, Asgard2/Lyr 2/Bifrost, Asus Xonar, Topping VX1, and HIFIMAN EF-2A.
I’ve tried the XS with some of my home system amps/DACs and they don’t seem to perform any better, if anything the bass sounds muddy and the treble is overly bright, almost like there is too much current going to the HP. The Momentum on the other hand sounds a little better with the better amps/DACs, bass better controlled, treble crisp and clear.
I went to the website and filled out a warranty request and was told to send in my headphones and wait up to 3 weeks for repair or replacement.
Sorry, not happening and while I like vmoda products and also own a pair of M100s, this is, in my opinion, a terrible warranty process for non catastrophic problems.
1. How do I know I will get the same pair back and not a refurbished unit with other problems?
2. I use these a lot and while this issue is a problem that needs to be fixed, it's not so bad that I want to live without them for 3 weeks.
3. It feels like an obnoxious FU policy designed to discourage people from getting service.
As a pair of headphones, these sound great and fit me very well - even as a very tall person with a big noggin.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Let me say I own a handful of quality head/earphones including Audeze LCD-2 $1000 headphone. And these things rock.Read more