V-MODA Zn In-Ear Modern Audiophile Headphones with microphone - 3 Button
- Newly developed, outstanding dynamic 8mm driver boosts tonal accuracy with very low distortion, all "hand-tuned" to complement the human hearing limit variance (+/- 2dB)
- Precision zinc alloy metal housing, casted by a patented process, allows for a unique design and microscopic precision necessary to deliver stress free, consistent acoustic quality
- Patented Active Flex sport ear hooks for best stability and fit no matter what duty calls make Zn the perfect companions for the mobile, modern audiophile
- Built-in 3-Button Remote Mic specially tuned for phone calls and voice recognition, universally compatible with all smartphones, tablets, new laptops and optimized for Android devices
- Tangle-free Diamondback cable is the perfect match between style and extreme durability being 20x stronger than industry standard
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Liquid Zinc Metal Headphones
Mobile Active In-Ears for the Modern Audiophile.
In-Ear. Limited Edition. Modern Audiophile Headphones
Developed to be the mobile and active in-ear weapon of choice for the modern audiophile.
Zn delivers unrivaled sound quality and continues V-MODA’s tradition of luxurious materials and envelope-pushing design.
The limited edition Zn (the symbol for Zinc in the periodic table) has been tuned to exceed the V-MODA standard for studio-quality sound.
- Cutting-Edge Acoustic Engineering
- Certified Hi-Res Audio ( Certification #HRA-0101-02)
- Luxurious Materials
- Superior Durability
- ActiveFlex Sport Ear Hooks for Working Out
- Tangle-Free DiamondBack Cable
- Six-Star Service
1) A Zn (Zinc) metal alloy housing delivers unique, balanced sound and stress-free acoustics and is forged by a liquid metal casting process.
2) Newly tuned 8 millimeter dynamic driver for exceptional accuracy and an incredibly wide frequency band along with incredibly low distortion (<0.5dB).
3) The acoustic filters, installed between the driver and the housing that control the airflow mechanics, are the gatekeepers of golden acoustics; these 'Made in Italy' filters are from a limited supply, making Zn even more unique in both its design and performance.
4) Hear full-bodied music via the V-PORT airflow system mechanics that picks out nuances unheard of in run-of-the-mill headphones.
5) Top audiophile-grade acoustics precisely engineered for high quality, making your music sound not only as the artists imagined it, but also how the sound engineers produced it.
Ready for Action
1) Detachable ActiveFlex sport earhooks for the best fit and stability while working out.
2) Eye-catching DiamondBack cable, tangle free and reinforced for increased durability.
3) Four different sizes of BLISS 3.0 fittings (Bass Level Isolating Soft Silicone) enhances noise-isolation and enables vibrant bass for the best fit, stability and sound.
4) 2+ years of R&D to achieve the best ergonomics for the perfect fit and natural noise-isolation.
Superior Durability & Versatility
1) The Aramid fiber-reinforced cable provides unmatched strength and durability.
2) A 45 degree, 24k gold plated plug can bend over 60k times (Up to 10x industry standard).
3) All liquid Zinc metal construction headphones and y-connector.
3-Button Remote + Mic
1) 3-Button Apple iOS Control playback of your music, volume, answering calls, commanding Siri/ 'Ok Google'/ Cortana, recording voice memos and more.
2) Crystal clear communication thanks to the high sensitivity microphone with 3-Button SpeakEasy Remote Mic for Apple iOS devices.
3) Compatible with: iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod Shuffle (3rd gen and newer), iPod touch (2nd gen and newer), iPod nano (4th gen and newer), 120gb iPod classic as well as MacBook, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, iMac and Mac Pro (2009 and newer models).
V-MODA, The Standard Of Quality
- Type - Bi-aural in-ear type monitor headphones with remote and mic
- Speaker Driver - 8 millimeter dynamic-type.
- Frequency Response - 2 - 25,000 Hz
- Impedance - 16 Ω
- Cables - DiamondBack Kevlar-reinforced, 33-inch plug to y-connector, 13-inch even-length earphone cables
- Plug - 45 degree, 24k gold plated, 3.5 millimeter (1/8-inch) stereo
- Weight - 20.8 grams
Compare with similar items
Sony MDRXB50AP Extra Bass Earbud Headphones/Headset with mic for phone call, Black
V-MODA Forza Metallo In-Ear Headphones with 3-Button Remote & Microphone - Samsung and Android Devices, Gunmetal Black
1MORE Quad Driver in-Ear Earphones Hi-Res High Fidelity Headphones Warm Bass, Spacious Reproduction, High Resolution, Mic in-Line Remote Smartphones/PC/Tablet - Silver/Gray
1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Earphones Hi-Res Headphones with High Resolution, Bass Driven Sound, MEMS Mic, In-Line Remote, High Fidelity for Smartphones/PC/Tablet - Gold
Earbuds in-Ear Headphones/Earphones : Noise Isolating with Powerful Massive Bass Driver, The Absolute IEM, Ultra Clear Highs and Mids from Dynamic Dual Drivers : The Audiophile Elite
|Shipping||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||LDG Brands|
|Item Dimensions||15.00 x 6.00 x 7.50 inches||2.63 x 1.50 x 6.75 inches||47.20 x 1.50 x 0.30 inches||1.00 x 1.00 x 1.00 inches||1.00 x 1.00 x 1.00 inches||50.00 x 1.00 x 0.50 inches|
|Item Weight||0.73 ounces||0.28 ounces||0.48 ounces||0.80 ounces||0.80 ounces||1.27 ounces|
|Special Features||noise-isolation, microphone-feature, sports-and-exercise||android-phone-control||Lightweight, Water Resistant, Android Phone Control, Microphone Feature, Noise Isolation||Android Phone Control, Lightweight, Microphone Feature, Noise Isolation, Universal Phone Control, Volume-Control, iOS Phone Control, Hi-Fi Sound||Android Phone Control, Lightweight, Microphone Feature, Noise Isolation, Sports & Exercise, Universal Phone Control, Volume-Control, iOS Phone Control||Stereo|
The V-MODA Zn establish a new audio performance benchmark for high-end in-ear headphones. They are versatile enough to be your workout companion thanks to the detachable Active Flex ear hooks. Zn are developed to support Hi-Res audio certified by Japan Audio Society (JAS) and deliver superior sound staying true to V-MODA's tradition of luxurious, impossibly durable materials and Italian design. An outstanding dynamic 8mm driver boosts tonal accuracy with very low distortion, all “hand-tuned” to complement the human hearing limit variance (+/- 2dB). The zinc alloy metal housing is casted by a patented process, which allows for a unique design and microscopic precision necessary for consistent acoustic quality. To deliver a perfect and neutral sound, “made in Italy” tuning filters are built only for V-MODA in limited quantity making Zn even more unique. Designed in Milano, the Zn boasts futuristic technology and are packed in master crafted materials which will serenade any pair of ears. Four ergonomic sizes of patented BLISS 3.0 (Bass Level Isolating Soft Silicone) buds were tuned by focus groups to be more conical than other brands. They naturally block out background noise and feature the tightest bass, best fit, stability and sound. The V-PORT airflow system mechanics has been optimized for a 3D life-like soundstage and to bring out subtle sounds not heard through run-of-the-mill headphones. The custom designed Diamondback cable is alluring, impossible to tangle and Kevlar-reinforced to provide unmatched strength and durability (20x more than industry standard). Zn and its built-in microphone and remote are universally compatible with all smartphones, tablets and newer notebooks including Apple products, Samsung products, any device running iOS and Android. Rock Zn and enjoy our unrivaled Six-Star customer support and our 50% Immortal Life Replacement Program.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I have a pair of V-Moda M-100 Crossfades which have wonderful sound, but with wearing eye glasses it can give me a nasty headache by the end of the day with the pressure on my glass frames. This is why I was seeking a good quality in-ear bud to replace my current Klipsch R6i which were ok but they didn't have the bass punch I wanted. After months of extended researching since I wanted to be absolutely sure I was getting the right set, borrowing in-ear cans so I can test the Focal Sphear, Bose, Beats,Etymotic, and many more I finally decided to go out on a whim and try the ZN’s since the sound quality on my M-100s was great.
I DEFINITELY got the bang for my buck with these puppies, even paying full price! I listen to a lot of electronica, some rap, some contemporary, jazz, classical, and Indie. I haven’t found a genre yet that sounds bad on these. The bass is perfect and the vocals don’t disappear – soundstage is fantastic. I did find that the vocals were a tad bit fuzzy but it was so minor that it’s not a deal-breaker for me at all (since I do prefer my bass) and this was rectified by using my Comply foam tips (more below).
I am a female with fairly small ear canals so comfortability (especially for the long hours I wear my buds) is an issue with most earbuds out there. Even with using the stock ear bud covers in XS they were very comfortable to use all day! I have a variety pack of Comply ear tips (currently using the sport ones) which I prefer to use over the stock covers since the sound quality was a tad better on the vocals.
I find that even in an office setting I can have the volume low and still hear what’s going on around me. If I want to zone out the noise around me, I just turn up the volume a tad and the noise isolation works great.
I had a hunch that I’d prefer the sound of my M-100s more before I received my ZN’s in the mail but I have to say I’m reaching for my ZNs and my M-100s are safely stored in the case. One thing I like about these is that they aren't flashy and they have the bonus of being able to answer/make calls which is nice (tested the sound quality and folks hear me loud and clear!) I also like that these buds seem very durable which means they’ll last a long time and I appreciate V-Moda’s Immortal Life program.
I will update in 3-6 months to review durability.
One tip of advice, when removing the stock ear tips be extremely careful! I accidentally ripped the tip so one of my XS tip sets are not usable – not a big deal though and I’m sure if I told V-Moda, they’ll send me another set of tips.
I still use my years-old V-MODA headphones daily for on/over hear sound and for microphone use. Will always recommend. But for earbuds, working out, out of the house, moving around, etc., I made the switch to Apple Airpods.
These headphones have the best bass and clarity you could find in any in-ear headphones. I cranked up the volume all the way up for a nice pop song, and the bass plus treble kept up all the way till the full volume, there was no distortion at all, its like they can take more that what the iphone can come up with at the highest volume.
Cable is very high end and strong, only thing which is out of ordinary is the connector which stands out from the phone, which is not a problem since most of the headphones connectors are smaller than this, thats why this one looks a little bigger, but thats nothing compared to the main thing which is the exceptional sound which these headphones produce.
Believe me, with such small headphones such huge sound comes out, it is very impressive. They are little pricy but definitely they live up to their price. Try all the sponges which comes with it to make sure it is a tight fit, otherwise sound will leak and you wont get the bass properly.
In my conclusion, if you are looking for a pair to last you a long time and you need some serious punchy bass and clear highs, this is it, you cant go wrong with this. Also in time you break it in and the sound gets better.
I specifically bought these because the cord is supposed to be very strong, which turns out is not true from my experience. After a year of use the left earbud went dead due to cord damage. I have had a lot of earbuds over the years most ranging from $30-$50 and they've all lasted longer than these and I'm a fairly careful person so I was very surprised and annoyed that these failed after just one year.
However, V-MODA is a good company and they held their word on their 2 year year warranty without a hiccup. They sent me brand new ones after sending them back.
Top international reviews
They are slightly too sharp in the highs especially when the audio file and quality is suboptimal (but it's not a painful sharp like some TVs and stuff it's actually nice break from harsh sharp sounds in everyday life like TVs people's voices etc TMI I know :) ) , mids are a slightly louder than average but the bass is heavy bassy only if you get some foam earbuds like comply .They aren't too loud but they are about right I would prefer a slight bit more volume, I might get a high end Audio player for these and I will edit and let you know if it gets more out of these headphones than my mobile.High end headphones like these aren't designed for a mobile phone hence "audiophile"
The volume it is lower than I expected , why not take down some of the sharpness (14kz-16kz?? I'm no expert) of the highs , and level out the mids slightly so they are less overpowering on some tracks , keep the bass where it is.This might also feel like an overall increase in volume.
I'm not an audiophile I got these mainly because of the durability and the lifetime immortality and to use whilst excercising , biking and running etc.But i just love these , they are unique and if you like gadgets and gizmos you might like these. The cordage looks nice and durable and the speaker housing looks neat and tidy.
They lost one star because of the slight sharpness and the fit. The sharpness at first led me to think they were fake replicas, but the sound is actually like hearing someone singing right next to you IT SOUNDS REAL (mid end). At times they hurt the insides of my ear because of the casing design but only if I wear a few hours 2-3 everyday for a few days , they are great for gaming too. They look great they don't tangle and they have perfect weight . And they don't fall out my ear easily but if you go running make sure to use the over ear attachments and always clip the cord to the inside of your shirt .
I got these headphones as a replacement for some Schosche in-ears that I was also a big fan of but sadly met the washing machine one too many times - the output still works perfectly to this day but the mic became muffled, which was an issue for me.
Washing machine durability aside, for the sound quality of these headphones I couldn't fault them. They're a touch light on the bass for my liking but they have a good balance throughout.
The issue that I have though is with the way these sit in my ears. Even though I've tried them with exactly the same cushions as my Scosche headphones these seem to slide out over time and are a tad uncomfortable with the way that they sit on the outer part of the ear. I can only assume that this is the way that they are angled and this is solved by adjusting after a while, it's just that the way they are naturally placed in the ear gets uncomfortable after a while. The discomfort is tolerable but the fact that they slide out after a while is a tad annoying.
This will not likely apply to everyone as ear shapes and sizes differ. I personally found that the medium size that I'm used to doesn't work properly for me and the large is too big and small is too loose.
At some point soon I will try foam tips on these and see what more they can give.
Additional info - I had some Comply foam tips that fitted these headphones - the sound quality is improved with the extra isolation from the tips. The tips bring more balance in the sound - a touch more bass.
Then I have dug out my FiiO Kilimanjaro2 headphone amplifier out. If you are going to spend on phones you need to get the most out of them... Well, without adding any settings from the amplifier bass boost, it has just about made the sound perfect, given that I am playing back from Amazon Music through a mobile phone. Overall, you can't fault these phones if you give them the quality of signal they deserve.
As these have a 2 year guarantee Amazon replaced free of charge, these have developed the same fault as the previous
ones and now not covered by guarantee.
Would NOT recommended this product