Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM $24.99 for a limited time only Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo Show Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Just Dance 2018 Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

on November 22, 2012
My white german shepherd is born and raised on raw meat and bones diet..Occasionally I tried to give him pureed or cooked veggies but he never eat it he always eat the meat and left the veggies on the plate,he hates veggies..The last few months he had diarrhea from the raw meat ,he's stomach just couldn't handle it anymore I guess ,so I had to change his diet..I'm vegan but I was always against vegan diet for dogs, I believed is cruel to turn them into herbivores but I read online they can be healthy on it so I thought ,now that i have to change his diet lets give it a try..I ordered V-dog but never thought he will eat it, as he hate veggies and he never EVER eat dry kibbles in hes life!!!but guess what ,he loves it!!!!He ate V-dog straight away the first time he saw it,I was shocked!!!yaay that will save a lot of farm animal lives and I don't have to feel guilty anymore to be a hypocrite vegan who still buy meat for her dog..And I don't have to worry about the dead euthanised animals,road kill and all the crap other commercial dog food contains, V-dog have no animal products and PETA approved..:) Thanks for whoever came up with this food ,it save millions of farm animals and my dog love it!!!Look the video how my dog eat it the first time..Ps the shipping is a lil pricey so next time I will order two bags..:)
on January 8, 2012
Since my dogs transitioned to a mostly Vegan/Vegetarian diet, their health has really improved. They used to eat Wellness Lamb & Rice (dry and canned) - I was told the meat that Wellness used was "human grade" -- as opposed to the usual slaughterhouse slop/floor waste and euthanized shelter animals rendered for dog food. I never quite believed it ... and, being a long-time Vegetarian and now Vegan, it didn't sit well with me to feed this to my dogs.

Anyway, I decided to change their diet, as well. I initially mixed in their old food (Wellness) with the V-Dog and the Natural Balance Vegetarian dog food. This took about 2 weeks. Since then (about 6 months ago), I would say they are definitely reaping the health benefits. They no longer have runny stool or diarrhea, nor do they have gas. Also, some skin issues have cleared up. In addition to the health improvements, my dogs really LOVE the taste of this stuff. The kibbles are a good size, too.

I understand that V-Dog is coming up w/a new formula at the end of January 2012. According to their website, the "new formula is wheat, corn, soy and gluten-free, and slightly higher in protein at 24%." I can't imagine how they can improve upon what they have right now, but I'm looking forward to (my dogs) trying it. I would recommend ordering directly from the V-Dog website ([...]) - the shipping is free and it arrives w/in a couple of days (as opposed to "business days" or a week or two like some "free shipping" deals).

Try this dog V-Dog Food - your dogs will love it and you will feel good knowing that you are not feeding unhealthy and unethical slaughterhouse waste to your best friends.
on April 8, 2015
This is a good product and my dogs really like it, but buyer beware - The companies' "distribution centers" are frequently running out of kibble - at least 3 times in 2014 and twice already in 2015. We buy the 30lb bag and as soon as i get the new bag, i order another one right away because I don't wont to have my dogs run out of food and then have to ween them onto another food for a couple of weeks while waiting for their V-dog food to get shipped. Even so, there have been 5 times in the last year that we have had to change dog food brands because V-dog ran out of kibble. The company always blames the problem on the production/distribution centers for running out but I think they have a supply management problem within their company. If they don't figure out this supply and logistic problem they keep getting into, we will have to find an alternative vegan dog food supplier.
on October 29, 2012
After trying out several vegan dog foods, (Natural Balance, Petguard) I was so happy to stumble upon V-Dog. I have been using V-Dog now for about one year, and my two senior dogs are glowing with health. Both of them are itch free, sickness free, and they both love the taste. I never worry about what diseased, dead, dying or disable animals I am feeding my dogs, and never worry about salmonella or other recall diseases that have been in the news lately. I truly believe that the vegan lifestyle will keep away the vet, and allow them to live long cancer free lives. I also love how V-Dog has free shipping, and once ordered, the delivery is often two days later. I am a forever customer.
on October 22, 2012
After my dog lost interest in her food (Wellness chicken and rice), I looked around for an alternative that had really great ingredients with a comparable price. As a vegan, I thought I would try V-Dog, even though my dog is very picky, so I wasn't sure if she'd like it. The ingredients (the base is pea protein, with other delicious, healthy things like blueberries!) are top quality - there's nothing in the ingredient list I wouldn't eat - and the price is comparable to Wellness. I was surprised that my dog LOVES this food - she eats it right after I put it in her bowl, something I've never seen her do before. Her chronic skin problems have gotten significantly better, her coat is really silky, and she has lots of energy. For me, I love that it doesn't have a greasy, meaty smell or texture. I'd definitely recommend this to any dog owner - vegan or not.
on April 20, 2013
I switched to V-Dog food for my German Shepherd/Rottie mix 6 months ago when he developed skin issues since we recently moved from the east coast to the west. I use to feed vet foods for his joints but even with vet foods I'm skeptical about the quality of the ingredients. I'm not vegan but I'm picky about the source of the animals I do consume in that they must be sustainable and pasture-organic raised. A vegan diet personally makes me ill (I get migraines from many non-meat proteins) but it has worked out amazing for my dog.

He has since been for a vet check up and any abnormalities in his blood work that were seen six months ago have cleared up and he's lost the 10 pounds he gained living at my mom's house for a few months while we moved. I did notice he seemed more hungry between meals for awhile until his body adjusted.

I still give him salmon oil supplements for his joints as he's an older dog and he receives some of my meat leftovers.
on January 12, 2009
Great transaction---great product!

I've been feeding my Alaskan Malamute V-Dogfood for several years now. I am so glad it's finally available here at Amazon! My dog is almost 9 but people typically think she's much younger. We live in the mountains and are out running every day. She loves her V-Dogfood along with her nightly bowl of carrots and broccoli! Hope she lives to be as old as the other vegan dogs in Ripley's Believe It or Not and the Guiness Book of World Records!
on June 3, 2013
I have a English Bull Dog...he is about 8 months old...he was on that lamb and rice I forget the brand now..it was high end.. any how....he had the worst gas that one could imagine...he was biting at his skin...we switched him to v-dog when we purchased him as a puppy. ... He has no more gas..and he no longer nips at him self.... And will his crap don't stink nearly as much..lol.
Best food out there, would recommend it to all.
Now....what about v-cat..?..I have cats too..and they really don't like ami cat food.
V-cat...think about it... :)
on January 30, 2009
We have two dogs. And they both LOVE this stuff. (But one doesn't count because she'll eat anything.) Our vet said that the other dog needed a special diet due to a severe wheat/corn/soy allergy--she was constantly itching, biting and digging at her skin. As a vegan myself, the thought of feeding her sweet potato/duck/salmon food was SO wrong, but of course, I conceded because I wanted my doggie to be happy and comfortable.

Long story short, I went out of town and the dog sitter accidentally mixed up the foods and gave v-dog to my allergy-ridden pup. When I returned from my trip and discovered the error, I expected a big itchy mess, but she was completely fine! No more itching, no pink irritated skin, nothing. Even our vet agrees she's not special needs anymore-- apparently, v-dog helped her build up an immunity to all that ailed her.

And all of us have been vegan ever after. :)
on January 28, 2009
I have a 12 year old lab/retriever mix and he absolutely loves v-dog. His weight is very good for his age and he is still able to run like a younger dog. I would recommend v-dog to other dog owners with no reservations. The dog food is high quality and the service is great.He just had an A+ evaluation from my vet.
Thanks for the opportunity to praise v-dog and the retailer who sold me my v-dog .
King Smith

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question