Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About V.L. Brunskill
V.L. Brunskill has been a professional writer for twenty years. She ditched journalism class after landing her very first interview with the late, great, punk icon Joey Ramone. As a national music journalist, V.L. has written for publications such as Metronome magazine, CREEM, The Boston Globe, and Boston Phoenix.
From hundreds of rock star interviews to rocking ions, V.L. went on to become a technical writer in the semiconductor and IT fields. Born in Brooklyn, New York, on Christmas Eve, and adopted after seven months, V.L. was reborn in 1991, when she was reunited with her biological parents. She moved south to be closer to both.
V.L. assists other adoptees to search on her blog adoptionfind.wordpress.com V.L. lives in Savannah, Georgia, with her bass-player husband, above-average daughter, and delightfully bad dog.
"Searching is difficult. Finding is life-altering." -V.L. Brunskill
Praise for the Author
In her debut novel, music journalist to the stars, V.L Brunskill, intricately weaves the very complex issues of a modern day Northern adoption-seeker into the historical quilt and Southern charm of a place I now call home. Brava! Waving Backwards: A Savannah Novel, has something for every reader.-- Bertice Berry, PhD., Best-Selling Author of Redemption Song and The Ties That Bind
Waving Backwards is a compelling reminder of the need we all feel to know who we are and where we came from, and when that quest comes with a cryptic clue, a memorable romance and the charm only a city like Savannah can provide, we rush along with determined Lara Bonavito to uncover the ultimate truths.-- John Warley, Author of A Southern Girl, Bethesda's Child, and The Moralist.
Customers Also Bought Items By
Join intensely passionate and fiercely independent New York college student Lara Bonavito on an unforgettable journey of self-discovery in sigh-worthy Savannah, Georgia. Adopted into an abusive and impoverished home, Lara’s quest to find her roots lands her in the Southern jewel’s historic district. A vivid cast of characters help her unravel clues found in a cryptic letter hidden in the family bible for two decades.
“The baby’s roots are with the Southern lady who waves forever.”
With the help of mischievously handsome trolley tour guide Robert Taylor; Kipling-quoting florist Abel Bloom; and comically outspoken Louisiana beauty, Susan Fletcher, Lara uncovers family secrets wrapped in the mystique of Savannah’s Waving Girl statue.
Waving Backwards is a coming-of-age quest that reveals the healing power of family bonds, and maternal love.
"Searching is difficult. Finding is life-altering."- V.L. Brunskill
Waving Backwards is a compelling reminder of the need we all feel to know who we are and where we came from, and when that quest comes with a cryptic clue, a memorable romance and the charm only a city like Savannah can provide, we rush along with determined Lara Bonavito to uncover the ultimate truths.
John Warley, author of A Southern Girl, Bethesda's Child, and The Moralist.
From Devil's Party Press, publishers of the award-winning anthologies EQUINOX, SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITY, and SOLSTICE, comes a new collection of 55 short stories, poems, and reflections. From the introduction: "The authors we publish are the voices of experience, of triumph, of tragedy, and of life. They’re bad-asses, one and all. WHAT SORT OF FUCKERY IS THIS? is a celebration of their unique badassery.
INCLUDES THE ORIGINAL FOLLOWING WORKS:
• The Fuckery of It All: An Introduction by Dianne Pearce
• I am the man who yells at his wife, "Bitch, I’ll put a cap in your ass!" by Bill Ayres
• If You’re Going Through Hell, Go Through the Back Room by Maureen McVeigh
• The Last Lootenant Wins His Fuckin’ Medal by William F. Crandell
• Not Getting Flirted With at the Fucking Gym by John Sheirer
• How the Fuck Are You? by Judith Speizer Crandell
• Hell No! We Won’t Go! by David W. Dutton
• What the Fuck: Monday Morning Strike by Claire McCabe
• Sonnet for Shitty, Rotten Love by Claire McCabe
• Those Damned Sunday Vices: View from the Third Floor by Claire McCabe
• One Badass Snowflake by Lisa Fox
• He’s My Man, Damn It! by Liliana Widocks
• I Fuck Men Up by Laura Nelson
• A Fucking Catastrophe by V.L. Brunskill
• Dear Beguiling Fifth of Vodka, or, Oh Shit, What Really Happened the Night I Claimed I Got So Sick Because I Ate a Hotdog at My Girlfriend’s Graduation Party Given by Her Parents by Alice Morris
• Hot Damn, if Only That Painter Had Not Gotten Out of Bed by Alice Morris
• Damn, the Problem With the Word French Fries by Alice Morris
• Don’t Be a Bitch by David Sturm
• Screwed by a Lake Trout Called Sir Jack by Sarah Leamy
• My Old Cock Blues by William Butler
• When Cornholing Wasn’t a Game by William Butler
• A Tattooed Asshole by William Butler
• Cock Tale, Dick Dialogue, Penis Patter by Felix Pire
• Shitty Mushrooms by Philippa Hawley
• Unnatural Shitbags by Carolyn Colburn
• Another Day at the Fucking Office by Krystina Schuler
• A Meditation on Lust and the Karmic Tab for Kinky Shit by Howard Brown
• Bitch Delivery for Mister Fucker by Rémi Savard
• Full of Shit at His Age Now by Paul Milenski
• The Red Fucking Converse of Sergio Menendez by Felix Pire
• Fucking Songbird by K.T. Vanderlaag
• Daemon Fenroy, God of the Fucked by Janna Miller
• The Shit Collector by Mark Kodama
• broken as fuck by Lola Steel
• ’Cause Dammit, I’m Alive by Anthony Crutcher
• Huffy Wee Fuckin Bampot by Jan McGuire
• For the Love of Fuck by Les Zig
• “You’re fucking coming to hell with me, puta” by Alberto Ambard
• My Neighbor’s a Fucking Monster by Andrea Goyan
• Resting Bitch Face by Terri Clifton
• The Self-Mindfuck by Luanne Castle
• Fucking Other Men’s Daughters by Mark Hein
• Shakespeare, Where the Fuck Art Thou? by Paulene Turner
• On Fucking Oneself by Desiree Harvey
• Stop Fucking Up the Gene Pool by Noel Alcoba
• Attacked by a Fucking Fish … A Love Story by Leslie Wibberley
• Wrong Fucking Number by John Sheirer
• Cocksucker by Eric Machan Howd&